Hi RS modders and fans! I'm not sure this is the correct place for a mod suggestion. If it's not, scold me, I deserve it. Well, here it goes: I've noticed that in some battles in RS (mainly deep-forested areas in Germania/Gallia) the forests are huge. I know it's historical, forests used to be a lot thicker and maybe taller. What my problem is that even on minimum vegetation detail, there are SO many trees that the battles lag. Let's just say that's me nagging over my old and relatively weak PC (3.2 GHz, 3.0 GB RAM, nVIDIA GeForce 7900GT). Even if my PC could handle the trees, they still render the battle unplayable, since I cannot see and control my troops. Bear in mind, I'm not complaining about the RS II vegetation in general (which is awesome), only the thick-forest one. Of course some would say don't go to the woods if you're scared of bears (meaning not to fight in such thick forests) but let's face it, even these battles should be playable - historical, botanical and geographical accuracy should be of secondary importance, IMO.

Last but not least - I'm not that impudent to just request the mod. If the changes do not require advanced modding knowledge, I'd be happy to just make the mod myself. However, I would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction.