Thread: American Revolution Mod

Default American Revolution Mod

I installed the American Revolutionary War mod, and it worked for 1 day. The, I started having the "Empire has stopped working" problem. I tried uninstalling it, but the uninstaller won't open! I double click it, and it says "Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?" I click yes, and it won't open. What do I do?

Laetus

Default Re: American Revolution Mod

Did you make sure the files weren't corrupted in the download process?

I was certain

Laetus

Have you made sure the all the files in the download are in the correct folders?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I downloaded it and couldn't even install it (I got an 'invalid file' error message), so you got further than I did. For what it's worth, there are plenty of mods which allow you to play the United States in the Grand Campaign from 1700. (I am sorry if I am telling you things that you already know). I recommend Sturm und Drang 2 by HusserlTW (in the StartPos Mods folder of the Hosted Mods forum), Shokh's USA start 1700 mod and Scourge012's USA Unlocked: a Lite Mod. I've enjoyed playing all of these mods.

Sturm und Drang 2 adds impressive units and has a lot of impressive features - the only downside is that the United States can recruit virtually no units in Europe. Shokh's USA start 1700 mod allows you to begin with the regions which the Thirteen Colonies normally have (most US mods only give you one or two regions at the start) and has an emergent Confederate States of America, so you get to fight the Revolutionary War and the Civil War. The only downside is that Shokh's mod doesn't allow the United States to recruit their special units from the DLC. Scourge012's USA Unlocked: a Lite Mod, as its name suggests, provides more of a 'vanilla' experience - the only downsides are a lack of victory conditions and other small, cosmetic bugs (such as the 'Ivory coast camera bug' - the camera is looking at an odd location at the start of the campaign, although this doesn't cause any problems after the beginning). Another option is my Early American Revolution (there's a link in my signature below), which offers a choice of four starting positions, has victory conditions, allows recruitment of special units from the DLC (only for players who already have the DLC - and the Warpath expansion is required), fixes some (not all) of the cosmetic bugs in Scourge012's mod (such as the Ivory coast camera bug) and offers extra units and other features. To be fair, Early American Revolution has its downsides too (see the 'known issues' part of the instructions.)
    Last edited by Alwyn; June 22, 2014 at 04:58 AM.

I checked everything!

Alwyn, I want a mod with all the cool units TAR has, it has so many historical units!

are u used legal copy?

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

I bought the Game at Wal Mart about 2 weeks after it came out