Thread: Quick question about temples after changing culture.

Default Quick question about temples after changing culture.

If one converts a faction to a different culture (Goths being changed from Nomad to Barbarian in this case), how can one restore the proper temples to that faction?

I converted the Goths to the Barbarian culture, and made edits so that they could build all levels of the Christian temples (since that's not already an option for the Barbarians at large; but is for Nomads). This worked perfectly fine (family member portraits changed like they should have, Goths were able to build the "open sewer" line of public health buildings, etc...) However, the two Pagan temples were changed. The "types" remained the same (as in, providing the same bonus' as the proper temples) but the particular deities of those temples were different. Im picky, and this bugs me, but I couldnt find any way to change it back.

Or, alternatively, is there a simple way of changing the family member portraits for a given faction? The Vandals and Goths were Germanic tribes, but the portraits dont reflect that too well, in my opinion.

Default Re: Quick question about temples after changing culture.

I think file you need to look at is:
    bi/data/test/export_buildings.txt
    that has lines like
    {temple_of_battle_shrine_barbarian} Shrine to Donar
    which is where description of Deity is coming from ,
    if you change that it will change for all barbarians which may not be what you wanted.

You can add faction specific descriptions ie:
    {temple_of_battle_shrine_goths} Shrine to whatnot
    and same for descr and descr short lines to change that factions temples back to what you want. (file seems to read alterations at bottom in preference to anything you change above)

I think that for this you should also add new descriptions to:
    bi/data/export_descr_buildings_enums.txt
    temple_of_battle_shrine_goths
    temple_of_battle_shrine_goths_desc
    temple_of_battle_shrine_goths_desc_short
    (its open to debate wether you need to alter _enums but that worked best for me - and its only a few lines....)

Also check out bi/data/export_descr_buildings.txt some buildings there are described by culture and some by faction, so you may need to sort that.

Oh, and re: portraits, I don't think you can change them per faction only per culture, but if anyone else has found way to do it I'd like to know too!