Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: The Royal Road - Our Development Journal

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Royal Road - Our Development Journal

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post
    Don't think so.
    In this version i want to do like EB and add already in the beginning already a historical set of alliances, and at this time the Etruscans were allies with Taras.

It is difficult to think on a faction to put, or maybe we wont put any faction at all, but the Etruscans deserve a spot.
    I'm most certainly in favor of adding the Etruscans, I just think something needs to be done to increase the chances of Taras' survival against them when they can't even survive very long against rebels from my experience. Any alliance between the two factions is likely to fall apart within the first few turns, knowing RTW's AI, and can't be totally counted on.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Looks great

Julio85's Avatar Miles

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good units!!!!!!!!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for good news. Itīs good to see you got help, you made great progress The Wise Coffin

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Glad to see this mod is still alive after all these years.

The Wise Coffin's Avatar History is the Future
    Blog Entries

Default Development Issue #27

SAKA WARRIORS (ROP ORIGINAL WORK)

Oir-La:

No text yet.

Blog Entries

Default Development Issue #28

Final Faction Decision!

After much consideration we have decided what faction will be added and what faction will disappear.
    Taras will no longer exist and will be replaced by Syracuse. The main reason for this is because Taras can't even survive being alone in Italy; and now that were adding the Etruscans, it will be impossible for them to survive. Also since Syracuse was the Rival of the Etruscans at this time period, this will lead ta a great historical conflict; not to count that both factions will have breathing space between eath other; with Syracuse having Sicily and the Etruscans with Italy.

I apologize to all that will not like this, but its the best for the balance of the campaign.

This is the faction symbol:

Syrako

You might be wondering "What the hell is this image; this is not the Syracuse symbol".
    Well...the symbol that everyone is accustomed to; the three legged beast; is a symbol from 4 century BC.
    This symbol is actualy from 6 century BC, Syracuse coin.
    Last edited by The Wise Coffin; September 05, 2014 at 10:34 AM.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The symbol is really excellent Might I ask why the name is Syrako and not f.e. Syrakousai?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    The symbol is really excellent Might I ask why the name is Syrako and not f.e. Syrakousai?
    Syrakousai is the name of the city; Syrako will be the name of the faction because the founder of the city was named Syrako.
    Syrako is proved to be the actual name of the nation of Syracuse, and from Syrako came the name Syrakousai.

Great to see new factions but I feel that Italy is kind of on the periphery of the action of this mod.

What I'm more interested to see is a more balanced Export_descr_unit file than 2.2 had and also looking forward to the 4 turns per year being better done, and the new map too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhound-22 View Post
    Great to see new factions but I feel that Italy is kind of on the periphery of the action of this mod.

What I'm more interested to see is a more balanced Export_descr_unit file than 2.2 had and also looking forward to the 4 turns per year being better done, and the new map too.
    Have you not seen the progress of this mod?
    All that you said is going to be made; the map will be double the size. I already posted that changes are being made to the stats, and i don't understand what you mean by the 4 turns per year being better done.

dalapto's Avatar Civis

Wow, I'm surprised this mod is still going, I assumed it was long finished or abandoned. A pleasant surprise indeed, all of these new changes and updates are exciting. This period of history is very interesting and it would be lovely to get an updated version eventually since the last update was in 2008. Keep up the good work, don't let this wonderful mod collapse!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Great news about new faction! I canīt wait to see some syracusan units

will there still be tarasian AOR!? :| and since there are two factions isolated in the waters (etruscans and syracus) will u find a way to make the AI go for naval invasions or not? well u could add some ships with low upkeep for them from the start or sth :/ (maybe a couple of fleets for all costal factions? )
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    will there still be tarasian AOR!? :| and since there are two factions isolated in the waters (etruscans and syracus) will u find a way to make the AI go for naval invasions or not? well u could add some ships with low upkeep for them from the start or sth :/ (maybe a couple of fleets for all costal factions? )
    There will be the Tarantine cavalry.

I remember reading on here a while ago that you won't need to push the "show me how" button anymore, and I'm very happy with those changes you mentioned. Sorry if it seemed like I wasn't.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I think faction swap make sense. good job

Blog Entries

Just to say that alot of work is being done to the mod. Baxon7 is back and he is making new campaign graphics that will surely amuse you.

Also i am editing again the stats, because some units are not well balanced, and in particular i need to decrease the power of the archers, because they are OP.

I also made up the Generals upkeep. The max for the generals will be 300 shekels. The spartan general has this upkeep :p

By the way, how do i change the text inside the Campaign?
    Because in the custom battles you can see that the currency is Shekels, because i change it, but on the campaign its still Denarii.
    Last edited by The Wise Coffin; September 18, 2014 at 05:34 AM.

dalapto's Avatar Civis

By the way, how do i change the text inside the Campaign?
    Because in the custom battles you can see that the currency is Shekels, because i change it, but on the campaign its still Denarii.
    ...\Rome - Total War\ROP\Data\text
    menu_english.txt
    and search for denarii and replace it with shekels.
    This is the only text file I found with denarii in it. Perhaps you need to find another vanilla text file not in the ROP folder?
    Last edited by dalapto; October 28, 2014 at 08:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Development Issue #29

Warriors of Zalmoxis - Unique unit for the Getai (Classical Age: Total War Original Work)

Zalmoxi Puris:

These men believe their immortal, due to the teachings of their sole god, Zalmoxis.

Using a battle axe and a small violin shield, these warriors are prepared to any attack that the enemy might throw. they do not have the best armour, but they have an incridible experience; and their belief of immortality makes them a perfect unit to hold its ground even on impossible odds.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast