Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: The Royal Road - Our Development Journal

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Royal Road - Our Development Journal

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise Coffin View Post
    Thanks for the advice but i can't waste time to make another spartan symbol.
    Blunt honesty: a trait I can appreciate in a person. XD Getting RoP3 to a public beta stage is the main priority, that we definitely agree on.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

oooh very nice.

The Wise Coffin's Avatar History is the Future
    Blog Entries

Default Development Issue #25

The Immortals (ROP Original Work)

The last unit model was supposed to the the new model of the infantry Immortals; but i think that the first model is so awesome that i decided to make this new model an entirely new unit. Also there was a lack of Persian horse-archers, so this model fit perfectly.

Anšiya

The Anusyia, more famously known as 'The Immortals', carry powerful bows to soften up the enemy as they approach but when they come within arms reach the Anusyia attack with their spears. They defend themselves with their shields and wear scale armour. The Anusyia are the Great King's right hand and they can be relied upon to stand against any foe anywhere in the world.

Anšiya Asabari

The Anusyia Asabari carry javelins to hurl at their foes before attacking with their spears. Wearing a helmet, due to the dangers of falling from a horse, and a vest of scale mail the Anusyia Asabari are heavier cavalry than most and their excellent training will ensure that they can go up against the toughest of cavalry detatchments.

Anšiya Asavari

The Anšiya
    Asavari carry double curved bows to shoot at their foes before attacking with their spears. Wearing a vest of scale mail the Anšiya Asavari are heavier cavalry than most and their excellent training will ensure that they can go up against the toughest of cavalry detatchments.
    Last edited by The Wise Coffin; August 05, 2014 at 05:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Since you guys want i made the Persian symbol like the first one.

For making this i want for someone with knowledge of puting images symbols on the campaign map.
    Forther details i will add on the recruitment thread.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Wasnt the third model to represent the campaign headgear in contrast to palaces service headgear? Im not expert on Persian army - just asking

Another question - Autariatai was the Illyrian tribe, why do you using the Macedonian symbol as their faction symbol?

Blog Entries

In my development issue 23 i put the right symbols. The macedonian is the black one.
    And with the unit i did that for having more cavalry diversity. That might be right about the gear, but its just waisting good units.

About the symbols. Look at this macedonian coin:

EDIT: Im just trying to help a little bit.
    Last edited by tomySVK; August 13, 2014 at 11:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    About the symbols. Look at this macedonian coin:

EDIT: Im just trying to help a little bit.
    Here it is, but the symbols are very similar to each other.

Illyrian Coin:

Last edited by The Wise Coffin; August 13, 2014 at 02:08 PM.

It is settled then

Since you guys want i made the Persian symbol like the first one.

For making this i want for someone with knowledge of puting images symbols on the campaign map.
    Forther details i will add on the recruitment thread.
    this is freaking awwwwwwwwwwwwwwsome thnks 4 the amazing faction symbol <3

just what did exactly happen to the arastibara dude? ...u know! the palace guards (arastibara) or the Generals bodyguard units of arastibara asavari or the kara arastibara???

really intrested 2 know

P.S: I love the new Italian faction but wouldn't it just overcrowd the small European part of the map? :/ wouldn't it be better 2 add factions in the les populated areas, like the eastern edge of the map preventing the indias from getting OP ? :/ just asking keep up the amazing work <3
    Last edited by the persian Immortal; August 15, 2014 at 04:47 PM. Reason: adding text
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    this is freaking awwwwwwwwwwwwwwsome thnks 4 the amazing faction symbol <3

just what did exactly happen to the arastibara dude? ...u know! the palace guards (arastibara) or the Generals bodyguard units of arastibara asavari or the kara arastibara???

really intrested 2 know

P.S: I love the new Italian faction but wouldn't it just overcrowd the small European part of the map? :/ wouldn't it be better 2 add factions in the les populated areas, like the eastern edge of the map preventing the indias from getting OP ? :/ just asking keep up the amazing work <3
    Their still in the game, i just showed here the Anusiya, not the rest. But yes, their all in the game.
    By the way, thanks for the motivation, i was needing it

[QUOTE]
    Their still in the game, i just showed here the Anusiya, not the rest. But yes, their all in the game.
    yessssssssssss...great to hear <3
    By the way, thanks for the motivation, i was needing it
    u're welcome brother I wish I could get enough free time to learn some modding skills and help u guys out a bit, I truly appreciate what u guys r doin +rep

but just one thing, I think u left this part of my post unanswered
    it's totally ok if u don't want 2 reveal anythin about this right now or that ur still considering it's pro's and cons but I'm so damn exited 2 know so if it's possible please do tell me what u think
    power to ur shoulders brother this is one of the best mods ever made, thank u for keeping it alive and kicking <3 and good luck
    Last edited by the persian Immortal; August 18, 2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: typos :/
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis

Blog Entries

Yes, it is possible, and it was almost going to be done, but Nero666 didn't want that because he says that Baktria is already a good counter faction for the indian faction.

So we choose the Etruscans because of their importance in this time period and to serve as a counter faction for Taras. We were going to add Syracuse, but it would be to many greek factions.
    Last edited by The Wise Coffin; August 18, 2014 at 12:08 PM.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

From my experience, Taras hasn't needed a counter faction. I have 3 ongoing campaigns right now, as Taras, Sparta, and Macedon, and in both the latter, despite being unopposed in Italy, Taras was destroyed early on within the first 10 turns. I've always presumed it to be a matter of their living family members dying out. Now with the addition of the Etruscans, I'm concerned their chances of survivability have been decreased even more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    From my experience, Taras hasn't needed a counter faction. I have 3 ongoing campaigns right now, as Taras, Sparta, and Macedon, and in both the latter, despite being unopposed in Italy, Taras was destroyed early on within the first 10 turns. I've always presumed it to be a matter of their living family members dying out. Now with the addition of the Etruscans, I'm concerned their chances of survivability have been decreased even more.
    Don't think so.
    In this version i want to do like EB and add already in the beginning already a historical set of alliances, and at this time the Etruscans were allies with Taras.

It is difficult to think on a faction to put, or maybe we wont put any faction at all, but the Etruscans deserve a spot.

well in my experience the only thing that gave taras a bit of a power to hold on against the spartans was their expansion in italy, but due to the high number of factions present in the small European part of the map most factions in those areas are pretty much steamrolled in the first few turn :/ that y I suggested less factions in Euro, but u r right, the Etruscans totally deserve a spot, but do guys have any plans for keeping Euro balanced? or is it goin to be a spartan (or sometimes athenian) rape like the previous version!? :/
    BOM to Kakabis

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Glad to see this is still worked on. Wise Coffin are you alone in this?
    The eye is deceived by food and kittens. I prefer kittens.
    Kirila the Kitten-2014

JE SUIS CHARLIE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kirila the Kitten View Post
    Glad to see this is still worked on. Wise Coffin are you alone in this?
    Unfortunately, yes.
    But the mod leader told me that he would give a hand...however nothing of him yet.

It will be difficult to make it releasable, but until i have the will and the time to work on this i will.

Blog Entries

Default Development Issue #26

Finnaly me and the mod leader are together working on the mod.
    He's already making many changes to the campaign map, like adding the city of the Etruscans and many other things!

I am almost finishing adding all units in the game and also made the faction image for the Rasna!

What do you guys think?
    Does it need something different?

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It is very detailed and beautiful

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast