Thread: Milkshape Joints issue

Eoghan Wolfkin's Avatar Civis

Default Milkshape Joints issue

Posting this here, as I have found absolutely zilch on this anywhere on the internet.

I've made a new model from merged parts, and little had I noticed that there had been duplicate joints being built on the side. So, now I have about 4 copies of every joint in the model's body and it's messing with my model in game. The problem that I'm having with this, is that milkshape is not letting me delete any of these extra joints. Is there a way to do this (and I'm just being simple)? If not, are there any alternatives to this problem.

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Milkshape Joints issue

I'm not expert, so I could be wrong Before merging those parts, delete skeletons in 3 parts, and leave the fourth one alone. Do this by selecting all joints.

the other thing in milkshape is in the joints window double click the bone you don't want (which selects it) and then hit Delete button on your keyboard

it's a bit of a bug with ms3d that it doesn't allow any other way of selecting/deleting

Eoghan Wolfkin's Avatar Civis

Thank you both for replying so fast. Makanyane, did as you said, and it worked. Cheers! +Rep to both of you.