Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardest Faction - Economically?

Default Re: Hardest Faction - Economically?

Quote Originally Posted by eugenioso View Post
    The problem with the HE in MOS is that you need to be agressively expanding from turn 1, rather than the usual gathering of forces for taking over rebel settlements. from HE's western provinces, you need to

A) expand south and block the dwarves from expanding east
    B) build a small army and attack Goblin town from Imladris
    C) expand north from your western cities, leaving only the smallest garrisons possible
    D) do this with extremely limited unit numbers.
    Well, really the first thing you should do is switch your capital to Mithlond and focus on expanding in the west. Imladris will hold its own, you shouldn't waste resources try to invade from there until you get the west settled out. However, I cannot stress enough about your point of using limited numbers
    Last edited by LuckyPistol; May 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Well, really the first thing you should do is switch your capital to Mistrand and focus on expanding in the west. Imladris will hold its own, you shouldn't waste resources try to invade from there until you get the west settled out. However, I cannot stress enough about your point of using limited numbers
    Mistrand? You mean Mithlond?

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Mistrand? You mean Mithlond?
    Thank you for catching that!

......never speak of this to anyone.....

Thank you for catching that!

......never speak of this to anyone.....

Hey everybody, guess what!

Well, really the first thing you should do is switch your capital to Mithlond and focus on expanding in the west. Imladris will hold its own, you shouldn't waste resources try to invade from there until you get the west settled out. However, I cannot stress enough about your point of using limited numbers
    even though western expansion as HE in MOS is nearly mandatory for the meager income you will receive from the small rebel settlements there, trying to go all out from those 4 cities is inviting the OOG and OOTMM to expand too much. my strategy has always been a quick attack on gobbo town, then march south, capping all the misty mountains for myself, netting me good bases for future wars and a helluva lotta money. Besides, if i switch to mithlond, which does reduce corruption and increases income, reward units go to mithlond (where they are worthless, being too far away to do anything) and not to Imladris (where they are usable immediately).

and the reason i use few men is not by choice, its because the recruitment in Imladris is slow enough, and i have to garrison locations way too often. i use the zero upkeep eldar volunteers for garrisoning Gobtown.

by doing this, by turn 50 i have all the misty mountains save the north, and i usually let Eriador handle them while i go south and tackle Isengard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmonstra View Post
    Hey everybody, guess what!
    SILENCE!

Quote Originally Posted by eugenioso View Post
    even though western expansion as HE in MOS is nearly mandatory for the meager income you will receive from the small rebel settlements there, trying to go all out from those 4 cities is inviting the OOG and OOTMM to expand too much. my strategy has always been a quick attack on gobbo town, then march south, capping all the misty mountains for myself, netting me good bases for future wars and a helluva lotta money. Besides, if i switch to mithlond, which does reduce corruption and increases income, reward units go to mithlond (where they are worthless, being too far away to do anything) and not to Imladris (where they are usable immediately).
    Never thought of that! :O

Probably because I despise playing as elves

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12