Thread: Liu Bei start in Shu: movement points/ saved game

Icon11 Liu Bei start in Shu: movement points/ saved game

I'd like to start with Liu Bei in city of Xin Ye, Liu Biao always conquers it before I reach there, is there any uploaded saved game or maybe pheraps a console command/cheat that gives me infinite movement speed? Thank you verry much for your answers.

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Liu Bei start in Shu: movement points/ saved game

I managed to get there just fine last night. Pay attention to the speeds of your generals and units. Some generals move faster than others and have traits that speed up army movement. My diplomat got there first, but I didn't have enough money to bribe the city. My first army reached Xin Ye about 2 turns later, which happened to be about 1 turn before Liu Biao's stack got to the city.
    Non-TW AAR: Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan [HOI3 with HPP mod] - last updated April 16, 2013

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

I know some people feel weird about attacking Liu Biao to take Xinye (if Liu Biao takes the city first), but the next event missions after taking Xinye involve conquering Liu Biao. As TheBromgev said, sometimes you can get your diplomat there first (may be a bit quicker to manually move him each turn), but money may be an issue. Liu Bei starts with a good amount of soldiers, so aside from how you manage your Xuzhou settlements (taxes, destroy buildings, etc.) while you are enroute to Xinye, you may have to immediately disband some units in order to save even more money. In my own experience, 9/10 times I get to Xinye before Liu Biao.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

I kept only horsemen disband all foot soldiers to save cash. but my dilopmat get there in time most of the time but you have to keep a close eye cause he could be stuck and you would have ended turn already. however this is also an issue because without the troops fighting Liu biao is hard since he has so much troops already not to mention the oppress zhang xiu who cannot attack east, and too far to reach west. and a bit further to go to reach south. Xin ye is their prime location to strike

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Medieval_II_cheats

You can also use "character_reset Name".

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    I kept only horsemen disband all foot soldiers to save cash. but my dilopmat get there in time most of the time but you have to keep a close eye cause he could be stuck and you would have ended turn already. however this is also an issue because without the troops fighting Liu biao is hard since he has so much troops already not to mention the oppress zhang xiu who cannot attack east, and too far to reach west. and a bit further to go to reach south. Xin ye is their prime location to strike
    If you disband everything except for cavalry, you will save money and get to Xinye quickly, but you are putting yourself at a HUGE disadvantage; you won't have the military power to fight Liu Biao (or anyone else for that matter). You have the right idea, in saving money and using a cavalry force to get there quickly, but disbanding all foot units is a bit much in my opinion. I would suggest having the lead army be composed of only cavalry, to get to Xinye quickly, while the other armies follow (slowly) with the rest of your units. Personally I almost never disband, and if I do it is only Militias.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Medieval_II_cheats

You can also use "character_reset Name".
    Cheater
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

I do it mainly cuz lu bu/ cao cao just wants to take my cities, and with so little troops the cities often betray me plus by the time I get to xin ye it takes quite a while to raise a professional army so I do keep foot soldiers but its still a tough battle when the east of xin ye I have cao cao/ yuan shu. north with zhang xiu who is so eager to expand, plus often ally with cao cao forces. I chose a whole new strategy for Liu clan since I really dont want to destroy a imperial family fraction so instead of moving downward toward jingnan I take Han Zhong since it is the main stronghold of shu once Liu Bei taken Bashu

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Well, since Xin Ye doesn't let you retrain your starting soldiers (different culture type) disbanding isn't a bad idea, though I kept my starting army. You'd need to recruit a bunch of cannon fodder mercenaries to help you take Xin Ye, but you'd need to retrain your army at some point. I kept my starting infantry and completely replaced them with locals after conquering the lands north of the Yangtze. When one of my starting units got down to about 15 men I would disband and replace it.
    Non-TW AAR: Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan [HOI3 with HPP mod] - last updated April 16, 2013