Thread: Average/ Historical Leader

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Default Average/ Historical Leader

Just wondering, but does anybody else's FL repuation as a leader only improve as time goes by? In every campaign I've played whether I leave the FL in one city for his whole life or take him on campaign he always becomes historic if he lives long enough. Does the character have to continuously lose battles or be placed in a bad city before he's considered a bad leader? I've never seen a worse trait than 'average leader'.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Average/ Historical Leader

Well he ain't gonna start off as a great leader, that trait is defined by how well the faction is doing. You can't be doing that bad to get worse than average.
    Last edited by High Fist; April 21, 2014 at 03:20 PM.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

I just think they earn the title too easily. I don't mean to say they start off historic, it's just that even if the player faction is only doing ok, the FL leader still becomes historic provided that he lives for a long time.

Atm I'm im playing the ptolymics and my past 2 FL have both lived for at least 20/25 years. They were both historic but that makes since as the empire grew from just egypt to conquering almost the entire seleucid empire. But now I have a young pharaoh, and after the Romans attacked they have taken all of the 5 settlements I had in asia minor. I'm earning about 30% less income because of this, and funding my armies for the war that I'm basically losing and since all this has happened the pharaoh has become a 'good leader'. He's 38 yrs old and has been FL for 5 years. He's management is nearly maxed out but he is relatively low on influence (4) and has only 1 battle star. I just don't really think he's a leader any better than average yet it feels as if he's only getting better cause he's in a good city (alexandria) and because he's been pharaoh a few years now.

There is indeed a fundamental issue with nearly all of the personal traits. This was kicked around a lot during 2.6 testing - once I realised what the issue was and passed on the reality of 'probability and statistics'.

In short - simply enjoy the flavour just now. Whether there's a chance of this changing remains in the hands of the Gods (dvk').
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Agrippa19's Avatar Tiro

Indeed I hate to be knit picking at it. The immersion is fantastic, I just seem to keep all my negative points on the game in this forum despite the fact it's a spectacular mod. It's just something I thought I should bring up as it happens in every campaign I play

If you check the export_descr_character_traits, there's a bunch of things that move your leader up or down the scale. There's a bunch of things that can get you up or down, so you can go from average to max pretty fast. Pretty much if on average (these are chances, so perhaps Intelligent is a 20% chance of up a leaderships) you will gain points, it's a matter of rolling dice enough.

In terms of descriptions, there are 7 tiers:
    Quote Originally Posted by export_VnVs
    {FL_Rating_Index_1} Horrible Leader
    {FL_Rating_Index_2} Poor Leader
    {FL_Rating_Index_3} Un-inspired Leader
    {FL_Rating_Index_4} Average Leader <<< Starting Point
    {FL_Rating_Index_5} Good Leader
    {FL_Rating_Index_6} Excellent Leader
    {FL_Rating_Index_7} Historic Leader
    Basically when you see "Good Leader" that usually means on average the FL is gaining points on the FL rating trait. Thus, over time, he gets more and more (on average) so it just keeps adding up.

If you have a good young FL, you can get tons of turns of good leadership. In particular, "Good Leader" and above means all your generals will improve in the "economy" traits. Yes, the economy only depends on your FL score, and at Good Leader or above, you have a chance to go up the trait. (For a bad leader, the chance is to go down).

So, a good young FL and new young governors can lead to a whole crop of governors with "booming economy" traits that supercharge your economy. The reverse is true, though you can just go governorless with Very High taxes (as opposed to Governor with High taxes).

Even generals carry around the economy trait with them, I think. This is helpful as higher levels of the economy trait reduce unrest or something, meaning you might be able to hold some settlements you couldn't without it (still, just get a dedicated governor instead, generals with stars should be fighting)
    Last edited by Alavaria; April 22, 2014 at 09:17 PM.