Thread: Trade

Default Trade

Hi,

How does trade work in this version? I'm wondering because I only have 1 city (I think it's called Wu) as the Sun clan that has any sort of trade income (a few thousand) every other city has basically nothing in terms of trade income.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Trade

We have the principle of diminishing returns in this mod - the more settlements you have the more trading penalties you accrue. Which means you are forced to upgrade your trading abilities (and treaties) as much as possible. Getting your (limited) merchants to profitable resource is a must as well.

I've tried upgrading my trade buildings but anything beyond the basic buildings wouldn't yield any increase in trade income as far as I could tell. Additionally, most cities wouldn't make any trade income in the first place, regardless of what buildings were built.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The trade temple in the capital will be the reason that you have a good income there. The other three settlements have no trade bonus at the start other then the one from the settlement level. Apart from the usual trade (market and port) buildings there are several others that provide trade bonuses as well - some of them linked to the presence of trade resources like the caravan buildings. A good number of the 'historical city' buildings provide bonuses as well.

hi Gigantus, why does trade income become 0 after taking 30 provinces? is it supposed to be like that? all the province show 0 trade income, and not even trading with themselves. Thanks for reply.