Thread: Add fog over ground effect from NTW?

Default Add fog over ground effect from NTW?

I don't know how easy or hard this would be, or even if it's possible, but would it be possible to add the "fog over the ground" effect from NTW to ETW? I'm not talking about the fog of war, it's just like a particle effect constantly over the campaign map in certain areas, it adds a cool effect to the map and makes it look good. Theoretically, could most of the graphical effects that make NTW look so much better than ETW be ported over and applied to ETW?

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Add fog over ground effect from NTW?

Yes, indeed they can. I think someone has already done it. Just look up "NTW Graphics for ETW" or something along the lines of that.

I'm afraid it cant be done on the campaign map itself. NTW uses specific spawning points defined in the mesh to spawn particles. If ETW has them, then sure, otherwise there is no way around it.

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    I'm afraid it cant be done on the campaign map itself. NTW uses specific spawning points defined in the mesh to spawn particles. If ETW has them, then sure, otherwise there is no way around it.

It probably does. The amount of unused/half finished content in ETW is staggering.