Thread: Is there a submod that shows extended details on units?

Default Is there a submod that shows extended details on units?

I know in EB they have one where they show which units are good in snow or forest, ranged units' range, AP ability, and secondary attack points. Is there a way for me to see those things in my units? It would be really helpful in placing my units on the battlemap.
    Also, is there a way to fix the unit deployment thing? RS2 units line with so much gap in between them it's annoying to put them closer individually. Is there a mod that presents solid line with no gaps in between my units and phalanx units are deployed in the middle protected by other infantry on the flanks?
    Last edited by ooji; April 19, 2014 at 04:30 PM.

Default Re: Is there a submod that shows extended details on units?

For the first question I don't know if you mean right-clicking on units to get all the stats and the historical detail. Or if you mean the EB recruitment viewer, If that's the case then I'm afraid no, RSII does not have that.

As for the second question, you can always deploy your units in single line lol.
    Just kidding bro, I really don't know about it. Unless I'm playing as Rome and using standard Roman legions (there's a formation that deploys them in a neat checkerboard, don't recall wich one) I don't use any of the fancy useless formations.

I'd also like to know if there's any formation for pike based armies and what would be the composition to use it.
    "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

Their are many formation files in the important folder of the RS install that you can use that can have better formations...
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

For the first question I don't know if you mean right-clicking on units to get all the stats and the historical detail. Or if you mean the EB recruitment viewer, If that's the case then I'm afraid no, RSII does not have that.

As for the second question, you can always deploy your units in single line lol.
    Just kidding bro, I really don't know about it. Unless I'm playing as Rome and using standard Roman legions (there's a formation that deploys them in a neat checkerboard, don't recall wich one) I don't use any of the fancy useless formations.

I'd also like to know if there's any formation for pike based armies and what would be the composition to use it.
    What I meant is that I'd like to see more information about my units when you right click. I think the submod was called Extended Unit Detail. Normally, when you right click, you can see the general information regarding their armor attack etc. It does not, however, show you whether they have AP ability, or their range, or what their secondary attack is.
    For my 2nd question, I meant that when you line your units by right clicking, they line with such a large gap in between them, they incur more casualties than they should. That is why I individually place them closer after lining them up by right clicking. As for the phalanx formation thing, I'd like my units to line in such a fashion where phalanx units line in the middle with other infantry in the flanks. As of right now, all my phalanx units line on one side whereas the other infantry types line on the other side.

Their are many formation files in the important folder of the RS install that you can use that can have better formations...
    Can you tell me how to use those formation files? I don't know how.

For your pikemen problem just put them all in a group, press shift+4 with them selected, and then click and drag them into a line and it will have no gaps. You can do this while setting them up initially or in the middle of battle. You don't have to leave them in a group after lining them up, but if they get out of formation you will have to regroup them to fix their line. Hopefully that answers that question for you.