Thread: Best Auxiliaries?

Default Best Auxiliaries?

As I expand as Rome, I've been wondering which regions I should focus on as potential training grounds for troops. Since auxiliaries change depending on the problem, I'd like to ask which provinces have the best auxiliaries and of what kind. I'm guessing Spain will have some good auxiliary cavalry, but how about other regions? Also, how much does region effect the quality of the legions I recruit?

Default Re: Best Auxiliaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripledot View Post
    As I expand as Rome, I've been wondering which regions I should focus on as potential training grounds for troops. Since auxiliaries change depending on the problem, I'd like to ask which provinces have the best auxiliaries and of what kind. I'm guessing Spain will have some good auxiliary cavalry, but how about other regions? Also, how much does region effect the quality of the legions I recruit?
    I can say you this: Rome auxilia will be completely redone in 0.9 and there will be really unique troops in it (not the sad ones that are in vanilla and in DEI - sadly - right now).

We all eagerly await 0.9.

Quote Originally Posted by Selea View Post
    I can say you this: Rome auxilia will be completely redone in 0.9 and there will be really unique troops in it (not the sad ones that are in vanilla and in DEI - sadly - right now).
    This is a bit off topic but will the odrysian kingdom be changed in 0.9?

Quote Originally Posted by Weeknd View Post
    This is a bit off topic but will the odrysian kingdom be changed in 0.9?
    If we make it in time, yes, elsewhere there will be an update after 0.9 (0.95) about Thracians.

Selea with the new awesome auxiliary units, will one need a new campagin? Or before I download .9 (when it is out) just delete the auxiliary units I have in my legions? Sorry for being off topic!

Anyways the best auxiliary units for me are the heavy pikemen since most the Mediterranean is Hellenized at this point in my campaign. Another unit I will need would be any archer units and lord willing and if our DEI overlords allow it, once I take Syria and advance into Asia minor cataphracts! I really need roman auxiliary cataphracts at least for Rome if a new Barbarian Invasion is but a dream.

Right now (as it is currently planned) 0.9 will not require a new campaign. However, it will be highly recommended in order to fully experience the changes properly.

That is to say, save games will get to recruit the new units without any problem, there just may be some unused buildings.

If things go a bit awry in testing, then we may have to make 0.9 save incompatible. We will know more soon.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Decanus

Is there any type of ETA FOR 0.9 COMING? 4-18 going to have to start new campaign I guess (reform problems), just wondering when 0.9 might be coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by lilalex20 View Post
    Another unit I will need would be any archer units and lord willing and if our DEI overlords allow it, once I take Syria and advance into Asia minor cataphracts! I really need roman auxiliary cataphracts at least for Rome if a new Barbarian Invasion is but a dream.
    Yes, you will have cataphracts

Quote Originally Posted by adambomb1 View Post
    Is there any type of ETA FOR 0.9 COMING? 4-18 going to have to start new campaign I guess (reform problems), just wondering when 0.9 might be coming out?
    0.9 it's an HUGE update so you have to have a little of patience.

We are working hard on it so we hope to have it ready as soon as we can but I cannot yet give a proper ETA.

Rest assured, however, that the wait will be worth it