Thread: Heretics and Witches

Default Heretics and Witches

As it seems you can't recruit priests or assassins, how on earth do you get rid of all the witches and heretics that seem to pop up in the end stages of the game and wreak havoc on public order in previously stable settlements? Is their appearance intentional as a dastardly challenge just when you think you've got the campaign in the bag or is it an unforeseen accident?

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Heretics and Witches

Think it may be an oversight, there are ways to avoid it though.
    1) use console commands showcursor_stat" and "move_character" to pop them somewhere else eg. Ireland
    2) Surround the agent in question with armies and then move one army on top of the agent thus killing him.

Hope it helps. (1 is the easiest)

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Are they causing you severe problems in the form of civil wars where rebels take the settlement? Because I played an intense campaign H/H as Venice whereby I was fighting the Milanese in the west, Sicilians in the South, Byzantines in the east and the Germans in the north and still wanted a piece of the holy land before the mongols reached it and not once did I focus on the heretics that were spawning in and around Italy and the Balkans. Although they are overpowered, I never got public order below 80 percent due to a mixture of building churches, moving any priests I could spare and recruiting peasants but that wasn't every 5 or 10 turns that was whenever I could spare the money.

maybe I was just lucky or maybe the Papal States helped in Italy but I weren't on friendly terms with them as I had broken off an alliance after the Milanese attacked rome, then after the peace treaty between them my gift for sticking to the mighty Milanese was a full stack crossing the bridge a Venice. People complain about rome 2s AI as if they're baffled at the logic but look at the previous dogpoop titles. Nevertheless still a great game.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

To be honest since religion is replaced with cultural buildings you should be able to out build the influence of heretics anyway.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep