Thread: Issues with TATW 3.0 installation

Default Issues with TATW 3.0 installation

hello!

After downloading, I'm having issues installing TATW 3.0

My computer had to get most of it wiped clean several months ago, with only some items staying intact after my IT guys wiped it for me. I reinstalled Medieval 2 and Medieval 2 Kingdoms a few days ago. The Kingdoms installation automatically patched the game to a certain number (can't tell how high the patch went). So then yesterday and today I downloaded and tried to install TATW 3.0. The download seems to have worked fine. However, when I try to install, my computer is telling me I don't have the program to install the download. It sends me to the web or for me to manually find a program to install it to. Gahhhh, so frustrating.

So does anyone have any ideas of what my issue is?? I miss this game so much! I'm trying to figure this out.

Thank you!

Default Re: Issues with TATW 3.0 installation

I have Windows Vista, by the way... And I don't remember having this problem when I installed TATW a few years ago.

The Icons for each download are just blank and white... Maybe that information will help.

Anyway, thank you again

The installation files for TATW are selfexecutioning exes. Could you check the directory where the downloads were saved to? How big are those files? TATW 3.0 Part 1 should be 1666 MB and Part 2 2088 MB. Icons blank and white indicate that no files are there or that they are not complete.

Try this fix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2688326

Use "Fix it myself method". Also, do not use Internet Explorer for downloading files from ModDB site, use either Mozilla Firefox or Chrome.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; April 18, 2014 at 11:26 AM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Yeah both part 1 and 2 were over a GB each. And yeah, they file icons or pictures were just blank. So I have no idea what happened.

Do I need to disable a firewall? And yes, I did use internet explorer for the download.

I thank for the help!! You have no clue how much I appreciate it! I will give these suggestions a shot when I get off from work. Thanks

If you use Internet Explorer mostly, then, I would advise resetting its settings: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/i...ie=ie-11-win-7

Check what version you have installed, and use the tips for it.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hey I need help, I am trying to download the mod. I have watched videos on how to install it and they typically show that after I download it, it will be in my downloads, but I don't see it in my downloads so I cant start the installation. It asks me what app I want to use to open the file? can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Bmoore0412 View Post
    Hey I need help, I am trying to download the mod. I have watched videos on how to install it and they typically show that after I download it, it will be in my downloads, but I don't see it in my downloads so I cant start the installation. It asks me what app I want to use to open the file? can anyone help me?
    Hello there and welcome to TWC Forums!

1) Did you use Internet Explorer perhaps for downloading files?

2) What Windows do you have?

3) Is your M2TW a Steam or non steam version?

Thanks for the welcome!

i did use internet explorer and I have windows 8, my medieval 2 is a steam version. Actually I used firefox and it worked, I followed a youtube video to install and I believe I did it correctly. I can start up the game but when I go to campaign and hit start it says "medieval II has encountered an unspecified error and must exit" it always happens after I hit start for a campaign. Also I installed the MOS submod as well as the third age.

I still haven't tried to re-download and install, but I won't use IE and hopefully that will do the trick. Been too busy past few days.... But I'll be sure to let everyone know whether or not this works.

A give a huge thanks to the people who take the time to help out someone like myself!

Ok, after MONTHS, I finally got around to installation, and 3.0 is completely installed! Thanks again everyone..... now on to downloading 3.1 as we speak, and then 3.2....

Question though: I read on the 3.2 download details that:

"The 3.2 Patch is not save-game compatible!"

......so what does this mean? I can surely still save my campaign modes as I go right? Thanks

If you want to play TATW 3.2, You need TATW 3.0 both parts and 3.2 Patch, and to play TATW 3.1, you need TATW 3.0 both parts and 3.1 Patch.

"The 3.2 Patch is not save-game compatible!" means that you will still be able to continue your old savegames ( from 3.0 or 3.1 version) ,but, the changes/updates made in 3.2 version will not show in these prior savegames. Only in NEW FRESHLY started campaigns.

Right on. Thanks! And I don't have Steam, know nothing about it or how it works.... But I lost my MTW2 Kingdoms Disc 1 of 2, so after allllll this, I still can't play the friggin game coz I don't have that one disc! Do you know of any places I can find a game disc or should I just buy it for like $10 from Amazon with Instant Download?