Thread: What is your worst military debacle?

Default What is your worst military debacle?

Hey guys since we usually get AAR or threads which describes the 'finest hour' from players I'm curious if you have got a military disaster. Mine was neglecting one Canadian expedition army guarding the Italian-French border in my current campaign as Britain. Of course as Britain I was preoccupied on multiple fronts especdially destroying the Italian army in N. Africa. I didn't expect the Germans attacking southern France and BOOM!! 7 Canadian divisions overrun in 5 weeks! Only three remained! I felt so embarrassed! With the game being a simulation I can't help but feel embarassed and that if this was real life only God knows what the public do to me!
    Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that- in chaos. The world is born from zero. The moment the world becomes one, is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes two, two becomes ten, ten becomes one hundred. Taking it all back to one solves nothing. So long as zero remains, one will eventually grow to one hundred again. - Big Boss

johan_d's Avatar Civis

Default Re: What is your worst military debacle?

Just started as Germany, its mid 1936 and I am being nice and building up.
    Still learning, and its scarry as hell when Poland needs to be invaded.. but first trying to get Sudetenland and Austria.. (using Black ICE)
    Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
    Infinitus est numerus stultorum

In a Australia game I had, I was hoping to open a second front in France since my Italian front was slowing down. If I remember correctly, I withdrew a few marine divisions from the Italian front and sent them on their way to Southern England, to prepare for the invasion of France. After a brief bombardment of Cherbourg by allied planes, I sent the marines off to land on the beaches there. The fighting did not go as hoped, since the Germans managed to bring more divisions for the defense. I desperately tried to bring in more marine divisions from Italy but it was too late, I suffered nasty causalities but I can't remember if the divisions engaged in battle were annihilated or not, they might've made it back to England but I can't remember since this Australian game was from 3 years ago.

My first game, playing as the UK and learning the basics. War goes out and Germany invades Norway. Mid game Canada dropped a few divisions in narvik to try to liberate. I think "oh nice good one Canada" and send a full corps to their port in narvik. All started well and im almost liberating all of northern norway until supplies run out (am on canada territory since they started liberating it), then the german reinforcements start coming and my divisions are basically doing nothing deep into scandinavia while the germans start getting our supply lines.

I stupiditly think "Oh, well, gotta send some reinforcement!" So i send another corps, which in the end got in the same situation as the first one, no supplies and being attacked by the germans, but that one was lucky that it was in the coast. The first one was pushed into sweden and then to the coast of the baltic and in the end the 5 divisions were in the same province and being attacked by just one german division, but completely surroundered, result: 5 divisions annihilated. After that i started a new game as the UK. (Which was good, since in that save Germany won the eastern front, so no way i'd have won. The new game i played went all well at least)
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR