Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RTW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod (Version 1.0) Beta

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Icon6 RTW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod (Version 1.0) Beta

(Advice: Before asking questions regarding bugs and installation/settings please read through the OP first)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Apr 17th 2014, 06:08 AM: Added GEMv1.0-HD beta.

(take screenshots with PrtScr)
    GEM - Graphics Enhancement Mod is a new shader collection (GEM) and a new injector (GEMFX) I implemented which also uses the SweetFX shader stack and is inspired by SweetFX/Enbseries to improve the look of TW-Games.

Before downloading these files, make sure to read the section License Agreements.

1: Download the
    file: (if the links are "not working" do the following: right click on the link and use "save as", repeat that until it works -normally like 3 times-)

(if you get a sudden performance impact press the "pause" key of your keyboard to refresh the shader)
    <::> R-TW-GEMv10-HD_installer.zip <::> >> (uses GEMFX) HD

2: Unzip
    the installer file.
    3: Start
    the installer and point out the location to your Rome Total War folder (something like D:\STEAM\SteamApps\common\Rome Total War).
    4: If the installer does not seem to work you can still open the file like a normal archive with WinRar or 7zip and paste the files manually in your RTW folder.

You can further adjust your settings or activate other shaders in the "GEM_settings.txt". Also check out the User-Defined-Settings from our users in the "Optional Files & User Settings" section (coming soon).

If you have problems starting the game with SweetFX, check here:http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?page_id=112

To Uninstall: "
    Simply delete the files from your Rome Total War folder: Anything with sweetfx in the file name in addition to d3d9.dll and the GEM_settings.txt"

In this section you will find the content of the default GEM_settings.txt. Do not worry cause the shader is complete itself and there will not be much for you to do in the current version.
    I suggest you to start the game with the default settings, check what you do not like and then find a value in this section which may help you.
    If there is something you want to have changed but cannot change with the following values, post it in this thread and I will try to help.

GEM_settings.txt

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
    / Description /
    '------------------------------------------------------------/

Game: Win7, Win8 & DX9
    GEM version: 1.0 beta
    Author: Luciferhawk
    Description: Here you can adjust your GEM-Settings.

These are the default settings for GEM 1.0 beta

/ Choose effects /
    '-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
    #define USE_GEMHD 1 //[0 or 1] GEM : Applies basic GEMShader.
    #define USE_GEMHBO 0 //[0 or 1] GEM : Applies HBO like GEMShader.

/ GEM Graphic-Enhancement-Mod settings /
    '-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// -- GEM HD settings --
    #define GQuality 0 //[0 or 1 or 2] Adjust GEM Quality (performance hit on 2).
    #define SSAO 0 //[0 or 1] Applies SSAO like shadowing effect.
    #define GShadowDepth 1.03 //[1.00 to 2.00] Adjust Darkness of Shadows (standard 1.04).
    #define GSat 0.95 //[0.00 to 1.00] Adjust GEM-Saturation (standard 0.95).
    #define GTBright 1.36 //[1.00 to 1.36] Adjust GEM-TextureBrightness (standard 1.36).
    #define GCBright 0.90 //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust GEM-Contrast (standard 0.90).

// -- GEM HBO settings --
    #define GHBOShift 2.95 //[0.00 to 5.00] Amount of HBO color shift (standard 2.95).

// -- GEM general settings --
    #define GaussStrength 0.17 //[0.00 to 1.00] Amount of blur effect blended into the final image.

// -- GEM optional settings --
    #define GEMBlur 0 //[0.00 or 1.00] Additional blur on the edges when pressing K
    #define GBlurPwr 395 //[300 to 600] Additional blur on the edges when pressing K (standard 395).
    #define GBlurRad 0.00585 //[0.00 to 1.00] Additional blur radius on the edges when pressing K (standard 0.00585).
    #define GBlurFocus 0.5 //[0.00 to 1.00] Additional blur focus position on the y-axis when pressing K (standard 0.5).

#define ExpEffects 1 //[0.00 or 1.00] All new effects like blur & ambiente lightning since GEMv4.2.2
    #define gHFlInt 0.35 //[0.00 to 1.00] Additional intensity of horizontal flares (standard 0.35).
    #define gHFlThresh 0.40 //[0.00 to 1.00] Threshold what causes horizontal flares (standard 0.40).

// DO NOT UNCOMMENT THOSE LINES;;THEY ARE ACTIVATED ANYWAY
    // -- GEM advanced settings -- // only touch these values if you know what you are doing
    // key_toggle_GEMBlur = 75 //K
    // key_toggle_ExpEffects = 122 //F11

With downloading this software you agree automatically to the two following license agreements:

SweetFX:
    (source)
    License agreement

The software available here from Guru3D.com/HardwareGuru.com are provided "as is" with no technical support. All software is to be used at your own risk; this site does not take any responsibility for any damage in whatever form or context.

The materials on this Website ("WEBSITE") are provided by the Guru 3D ("also 3DGuru, Guru3D.com, Guru3D.info and Hardwareguru.com") as a service to its users and may be used for informational purposes only.

You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the downloaded software except as expressly provided under this License. Any attempt otherwise to copy, modify, sublicense or distribute the Program is void, and will automatically terminate your rights under this License. However, parties who have received copies, or rights, from you under this License will not have their licenses terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.

All materials available here are provided "as is" with no technical support. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall this website be liable for any incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages arising out of or relating to this license and or download. You agree to indemnify and hold this wesbite harmless from any and all damages, risk and liabilities.
    You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the the downloaded software is at your sole risk. By downloading, installing, copying, or otherwise using the SOFTWARE, you agree to be bound by the terms of this LICENSE. If you do not agree to the terms of this LICENSE, do not download the SOFTWARE.

ENBSeries(source)
    LICENSE AGREEMENT AND DISTRIBUTION RULES:

1 Copyrights of the ENBSeries (the SOFTWARE) exclusively belongs to AUTHOR - Vorontsov Boris (ENB developer).
    2 ENBSeries is DonateWare application (freeware), which means you may or may not pay for this software to the author as donation.
    3 Software provided "AS IS", without warranty of any kind, use it on your own risk.
    4 You agree not to change or remove any parts of software (files in archive or installer) without author permission. Decompilation, reverse enginering, disassembling, debugging or changing resources of software is prohibited.
    5 You may use and distribute software in commercial or non-commercial purposes. For commercial use it is required to warn about using this software (in credits, on the box or other places). Commercial distribution of software as part of the games without author permission prohibited.
    6 Author reserve the right to change these license agreement.
    7 All the rights, not described in this license agreement belongs to author.
    8 You allowed to add new files to ENBSeries archive or installer.
    9 You may sell presets, shaders, bitmaps, documentation and any other components for ENBSeries, except binary files (dll, exe) created by author of ENBSeries.
    10 Custom presets, shaders, bitmaps, documentation and any other components for ENBSeries belongs to their authors and may have copyrights and license.

By executing the ENBSeries you accepting terms of use and this license agreement.

Go to CeeJay.dk (the creator of SweetFX), Boulotaur2024 (the creator of SweetFXNext), Boris Vorontsov (the creator of ENB). Without them nothing of this would have been possible.
    Last edited by Ganossa; April 16, 2014 at 04:08 PM.

Default Re: RTW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod (Version 1.0) Beta

Just tried default settings with vanilla RTW. Didn't any difference. The radar map on the battlefield was black. The campaign map was full of black pixels and the characters were not showing.

I adjusted the settings a bit, will try again.

UPDATE: Tried again with higher settings on vanilla. Nothing changed. Tried with the RTRVII mod. Didn't see anything.

I saw the little message at the top of my screen when I first ran the game, and the radar map and campaign map glitches are telling me that I installed it. Am I missing something or what?

Can you post some screens of your version that way I know what to look for?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

It is a beta and I released it on request cause the people said they do not care about minimap (I can see units on it by the way just not the background image) and patches on the CM.
    Other than that I had no problem with it.
    If correctly installed you will see color and such change when pressing the scroll-lock button on your keyboard.

By the way, I only tried it with RS2 so far and again I can see armies on the CM if you mean that by characters?

EDIT:: This is how the CM looks for me
    Last edited by Ganossa; April 16, 2014 at 05:19 PM.

Can you provide screens then? I am seeing no change.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    Can you provide screens then? I am seeing no change.
    Toggle GEM and the minimap bug (I turned HBO filter on)

I see the lighting difference in your screen, but I do not have A Scroll Lock key. Any way around this?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

I see the lighting difference in your screen, but I do not have A Scroll Lock key. Any way around this?
    Find key_toggle_sweetfx = 145 in SweetFX_settings.txt and set it to 19
    Find key_reload_sweetfx = 19 and set it to 145

Now the pause key will toggle GEM.

Okay I did scroll lock with the virtual keyboard. Still not seeing a lot, but this time I noticed a slight difference.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Okay I did scroll lock with the virtual keyboard. Still not seeing a lot, but this time I noticed a slight difference.
    You can also activate GEMBlur in the GEM_settings.txt by setting it to 1 which will then add blur to the screen edges when pressing the K button. This effect you should easly see.

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

I get black boxes on the stratmap with GEM and it's very laggy

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by Mayer View Post
    I get black boxes on the stratmap with GEM and it's very laggy
    I know and originally didnt want to make a release (thats why I call it beta) but the files are basically for a few people that asked about them.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Screenshot of the Campaign Map in Europa Barbarorum (with Jirsy's Mega Mod Pack for Alexander) and GEM Beta.

Something's not working correctly

I think this has great potential, once it gets out of a BETA stage

Its working perfectly fine for me, with the exception of the bugs that Lucifer mentioned, they don't bother me at all though.

Just hit F5 to turn your mini map off in battle. The tiled textures on the campaign map are barely noticeable as well.. The differences are subtle but very nice.

http://puu.sh/8jyqQ - Off

http://puu.sh/8jyrL - On

http://puu.sh/8jysc - Off

http://puu.sh/8jysK - On

http://puu.sh/8jyX4 - Off

http://puu.sh/8jyWA - On

@Bobbyr

Thats strange, my campaign map has some subtle tiling issues going on but nothing like that.

Heres my campaign map. I don't think there's anything wrong with mine actually...

http://puu.sh/8k8hK.jpg
    Last edited by agent 47; April 23, 2014 at 07:20 AM.

bobbyr's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by agent 47 View Post
    Its working perfectly fine for me, with the exception of the bugs that Lucifer mentioned, they don't bother me at all though.

Just hit F5 to turn your mini map off in battle. The tiled textures on the campaign map are barely noticeable as well.. The differences are subtle but very nice.

http://puu.sh/8jyqQ - Off

http://puu.sh/8jyrL - On

http://puu.sh/8jysc - Off

http://puu.sh/8jysK - On

http://puu.sh/8jyX4 - Off

http://puu.sh/8jyWA - On

@Bobbyr

Thats strange, my campaign map has some subtle tiling issues going on but nothing like that.

Heres my campaign map. I don't think there's anything wrong with mine actually...

http://puu.sh/8k8hK.jpg

Nah, it's not working for me.

I've deleted the files and reinstalled it, but I get the same weird result.

I'm using a GTX 780, running the game maxed out with extra candy like 32 x CSAA Anti-Aliasing, 16 x Anisotropic etc. Might be because of that and the newest generation of NVIDIA drivers.

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Good work LuciferHawk!
    Unfortunately i too have the black radar map and the pixelated campaign map (not black, though). Maybe it's a d3d8/9 dll version problem (i have tried some others, but with no luck)
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Some misc screens of RS 2.6 + (custom) GEM (click or higher res)

(sorry for the ui...)

Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Unfortunately i have to report the bug that someone mentioned above.
    Generals and admirals on CM are actually visible, diplomat and spies ARE NOT . You can check this bug cycling through your characters for discovering these invisible agents.
    Unfortunately this is a serious bug (maybe caused by the dx8 to dx9 enb convertor) that makes the game almost unplayable (especially in finding the enemy agents) . Otherwise it would have been awesome.

im pretty sure the problem seems to be in the dx8.dll .

I am using the Sweetfx Configurator but it seem not working with RTW. Can you show me how to use sweetfx for RTW?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast