Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Original thread for North&South II

Default Re: ACW - North&South II

AUG351 I downloaded all your maps. Will play them tomorrow. They look like a lot of fun! Thanks and great work!

Wismar's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by AUG351 View Post
    Its actually on steam workshop as Fort Yotishimahotami, although I must warn you that the AI won't defend it like a fort. I've also created a Fort Wagner and Fredericksburg map, which are also on steam workshop, but don't expect anything great. I did the best I could with the vanilla models already on hand, but the problem is there aren't any western style buildings.... yet
    You have done some great maps but it's too bad I'm not able to play steamworkshop maps for some reason. I can download them but they don't show up in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wismar View Post
    You have done some great maps but it's too bad I'm not able to play steamworkshop maps for some reason. I can download them but they don't show up in game.
    Have you tried activating them in the shogun 2's launcher were it shows all the mods?

The maps installed fine from steam workshop and doesn't pop up on the mod manager. But there are glitches with your maps. If I pick defending or attacking. It sets up my army in the attacking deployment zone. I would like to be the defender of fort Wagner, etc.

It's disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by naughtymonkey View Post
    The maps installed fine from steam workshop and doesn't pop up on the mod manager. But there are glitches with your maps. If I pick defending or attacking. It sets up my army in the attacking deployment zone. I would like to be the defender of fort Wagner, etc.

It's disappointing.
    You need to move the factions to opposite sides. literally click and drag to the right side to be defender.

Usually I just click the button to switch sides but I will try this and see what happens. Thank you!

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Quote Originally Posted by AUG351 View Post
    You can also create earthworks and trenches with the map editor easily and place zones and EF lines on them to position troops behind them as you would on a fort.
    Yeah, it totally works But one issue I always have with this approach is the "softness" of the earth. But scaling-wise it works, since earthworks and trenches of the civil war don't look like the ones we know from the first world war. They were often much broader

I am too excited for this mod to progress. Great work boys, and keep the teasers coming!

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Wismar View Post
    Sorry I haven't seen your reply, been busy. But yes, some people tend to have that problem for some reason. I haven't been able to figure out why but I think it has something to do with installing them in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by naughtymonkey View Post

It's disappointing.
    Its not a glitch, as ecompany mentioned you have to click and drag your name on the top of the custom battles menu to the right side and have the opponent on the left. Then you have to make sure that the middle is clicked so that the AI attacks. That's the way it is for any of my maps. The side that your name is on at the top of the custom battles menu determines where you are positioned on the map. The button in the middle just switches you from attacker or defender.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Joe31 View Post
    and keep the teasers coming!
    Actually, NO please stop! It's almost like meeting a dirty skank at a bar, bringing her home, your all ready to do the nasty and she says "I just want to talk" PLEASE STOP ACW team, I can't take the pain anymore!

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Sounds like cool... any progress on the map?

cudakite's Avatar Centenarius

^ I wasn't aware the campaign map could be modded to the extent needed to change Japan into America... Is it really possible or will this end up being another Multiplayer mod?

CLICKY

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Its worth of my time waiting it. How about adding tank from great war napoleon , even i break the history, but hell yeah no mod in shogun 2 ever add tank, and i am will ignore whatever realism can say about tank in american civil war
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Actually, NO please stop! It's almost like meeting a dirty skank at a bar, bringing her home, your all ready to do the nasty and she says "I just want to talk" PLEASE STOP ACW team, I can't take the pain anymore!
    Somewhat disturbing!

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Quote Originally Posted by cudakite View Post
    ^ I wasn't aware the campaign map could be modded to the extent needed to change Japan into America... Is it really possible or will this end up being another Multiplayer mod?
    As you can see with Uanimes Mod it is possible to add new landmasses and regions.

But there wasn't much progress this month. I'm busy with writing my bachelor thesis and applying for master degrees :/

Tease
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Please give me MOAR !
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    Please give me MOAR !
    Alright *feeds you

Last edited by dennizjoon; July 08, 2014 at 01:01 AM.

Flags! We can claim countries for MERICA!

They seem a bit too clean and bright.