Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Original thread for North&South II

Default Re: ACW - North&South II

I don't think they used fox-holes in the civil war lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_Man View Post
    Will there be any trenches/fox-holes in the maps?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Quote Originally Posted by LFCJames View Post
    Depends on what you understand under fox-holes. Rifle-Pits for two soldiers were in use at cold harbour, where they were used as post for skirmishers to harass the sappers. Besides that, they were already used during the siege of sewastopol during the crimean war.

Quote Originally Posted by LFCJames View Post
    Will there be a variety of different solders in one unit?
    Yes.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Do you have an idea on what the confederate agents will look like on the campaign map as the FOTS already has the US,French and British agents??

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    Do you have an idea on what the confederate agents will look like on the campaign map as the FOTS already has the US,French and British agents??
    Such a question is too early to get an answer. Ask again in 6 months or better end of the year
    Also, who said that the FOTS agents (US, french and british) will be the same or have the same function/name?
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Probably a redundant question, but this will be able to support the co-op campaign functionality right?

Yes, even the old mods worked in coop

Didn't know ETW had a Coop campaign...

It was a beta version only available for a short time

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Such a question is too early to get an answer. Ask again in 6 months or better end of the year
    Also, who said that the FOTS agents (US, french and british) will be the same or have the same function/name?
    Just thinking about the agent for the CSA.

This mod sounds very ambitious and i hope things really workout as this could end up being the closest we would ever get to a civil war experience in total war despite how great Blue and Gray mod for Empire is.

It is actually very helpful i think that FOTS is starts in the same Era as the US Civil War.

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Depends on what you understand under fox-holes. Rifle-Pits for two soldiers were in use at cold harbour, where they were used as post for skirmishers to harass the sappers. Besides that, they were already used during the siege of sewastopol during the crimean war.
    However trenches were often dug on the battlefield, even early in the war. When you visit many of the battlefields today the earthworks are still visible.

From my understanding someone previously tried to enable the deployable defenses like earthworks in Shogun 2, but they could only be used by the AI. So far I think the only deployable defense that can be used are the sharpened stakes.
    Last edited by AUG351; June 02, 2014 at 02:25 AM.

Wow, a completely moddable campaign map for Shogun? This is huge, loads of possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by AUG351 View Post
    However trenches were often dug on the battlefield, even early in the war. When you visit many of the battlefields today the earthworks are still visible.

From my understanding someone previously tried to enable the deployable defenses like earthworks in Shogun 2, but they could only be used by the AI. So far I think the only deployable defense that can be used are the sharpened stakes.
    Thats the reason why I want to use the "siege maps of shogun for this. You can build different levels of earthworks. From some minor breastworks to large redoubts as later used at Petersburg.

But btw, wasn't there also a deployable bamboo wall?

Thats the reason why I want to use the "siege maps of shogun for this. You can build different levels of earthworks. From some minor breastworks to large redoubts as later used at Petersburg.

Yes there is. Had the idea of using that ability with new model to mimic the deployable earthworks. Same process can be used with the stakes if need be.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Yes, and Shields too. Stakes are deployed in-combat rather than at Deployment Phase.

Hmm...I once tried swapping the model with earthworks, but I didn't get the LOD right, so it disappeared at distance...
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; June 02, 2014 at 01:16 PM.

I'd be willing to help in the research department. I do Civil War Reenacting and already have a ton of books on it. I can also help in the beta testing. I think this will be a fantastic mod and much better than the Empire and Napoleon versions. Just let me know and I'll help where ever possible.

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

You can also create earthworks and trenches with the map editor easily and place zones and EF lines on them to position troops behind them as you would on a fort.

As I did on this custom map of mine:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Wismar's Avatar Civis

Can't wait to storm that!

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Wismar View Post
    Can't wait to storm that!
    Its actually on steam workshop as Fort Yotishimahotami, although I must warn you that the AI won't defend it like a fort. I've also created a Fort Wagner and Fredericksburg map, which are also on steam workshop, but don't expect anything great. I did the best I could with the vanilla models already on hand, but the problem is there aren't any western style buildings.... yet
    Last edited by AUG351; June 07, 2014 at 10:11 PM.