Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Original thread for North&South II

Curtizmo323's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: ACW - North&South II

Good job guys, but one thing did other countries help in the war or is this more of a what if

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Curtizmo323 View Post
    Good job guys, but one thing did other countries help in the war or is this more of a what if
    Some nations helped the confederates in the war. England built many ships for the southern navy, filled them with english men and english guns to destroy the commerce of the north
    But it can be handled as a "What if..". You don't want to reenact the war (cause the best side would loose), so you can change the history.

Also, the foreign country support might be different to the vanilla shogun system. So you won't be able to recruit foreign units, when a country support you (like british infantry for example), instead, you might get access to new weapons. When the brits support the confederacy, you will unlock the development of a new infantry type, which uses the british Withworth Rifle or what ever. In that direction
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

I now added a new rifle model + bayonet (yari) animations - looks neat if you ask me:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-16_00002.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	600.6 KB 
ID:	307426

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

What kind of faction bonuses will be in effect in the game? Just a general idea would be nice to hear.

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    I now added a new rifle model + bayonet (yari) animations - looks neat if you ask me:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-16_00002.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	600.6 KB 
ID:	307426
    Love it!
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    What kind of faction bonuses will be in effect in the game? Just a general idea would be nice to hear.
    What do you talk about? Elaborate pls.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

I think Jokern asks what Faction-Unique bonuses will the Factions Have.

Perhaps for instance Union can train Cannons n% cheaper since it has the industrial power. Or cooperaring with Britain means n% faster ship building.

Something like that, Primergy. So, how will they?

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

What do you talk about? Elaborate pls.
    In Shogun 2, every faction have several bonuses that make them unique compared to the others. For example, the Hojo are master builders, the Takeda have the best cavalry, etc, etc. I was wondering if we'll see those kind of bonuses in N&S II. For example, the CSA is well known for having more experienced and hardier soldiers and officers compared to the north, while the union's industry far exceed what the south could produce.

Wismar's Avatar Civis

AAAAHHHHHH! Amazing pic

Judging from the picture you seem to have tighten up the ranks, or am I wrong?

Load, Aim, Fire - Allows your line infantry to use a 'volley fire' mode. Shooting in volleys has a moral impact on your foe but it's slower than fire at will when it comes to led spitting.

Not one step back! - Allows your infantry to fire and reload while advancing. This mode is less accurate than standing still and slower than marching.

We'll fight to the bitter end - Allows your regular infantry to dig trenches.
    Here's some tech ideas I posted on the ACW mod for ETW. Not sure if it's any use.
    Last edited by Wismar; May 16, 2014 at 03:28 PM.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Load, Aim, Fire - Allows your line infantry to use a 'volley fire' mode. Shooting in volleys has a moral impact on your foe but it's slower than fire at will when it comes to led spitting.
    In another word, Fire by Rank. Easy.
    Not one step back! - Allows your infantry to fire and reload while advancing. This mode is less accurate than standing still and slower than marching.
    Platoon Fire and Fire & Advance are bugged, not working.
    We'll fight to the bitter end - Allows your regular infantry to dig trenches.
    The Ability is still in S2TW, but no button for it - meaning AI can dig earthworks, but the player can't.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That is excellent! But, why didn't you show the much more important breakthroughs, like these:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

American Fences! Custom-Made Garrisonable Structures! You should make a T'Ed Building Pack someday.
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; May 17, 2014 at 01:59 AM.

Will there be fifers, like on ETW?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post
    In Shogun 2, every faction have several bonuses that make them unique compared to the others. For example, the Hojo are master builders, the Takeda have the best cavalry, etc, etc. I was wondering if we'll see those kind of bonuses in N&S II. For example, the CSA is well known for having more experienced and hardier soldiers and officers compared to the north, while the union's industry far exceed what the south could produce.
    I don't plan any special faction bonuses. I never noticed any gameplay effect of those +1 on this, -1 on that, anyway.

What I plan to do, is to incorporate the manpower system from T.C.
    This will result in that the Union can recruit far more units then the Confederacy. But since they have to control each region and the population is very rebellious, they have to leave strong forces behind. So the advantage should be annihilated during battles.

Further buildings and towns should play a more important role with global effects on recruiting etc. For example, as long as you control the Virginia Military Institutes, your generals have advantages, and so your soldiers. Or as long as you own the Tredegar Ironworks or the Clarksville Ironworks you are able to recruit heavy artillery, build forts and railroads.
    Those are my ideas

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    The Ability is still in S2TW, but no button for it - meaning AI can dig earthworks, but the player can't.

That is excellent! But, why didn't you show the much more important breakthroughs, like these:
    American Fences! Custom-Made Garrisonable Structures! You should make a T'Ed Building Pack someday.
    Thanks for noticing
    Yes, those are indeed breakthroughs, which are barely noticed. But as you see, those are not more then concepts and tests, so I didn't showed them yet.

---

What I actually find quite sad, is that you can't garrison those outlying towns anymore, as you could in ETW and NTW
    Last edited by Primergy; May 17, 2014 at 06:48 AM.

Wismar's Avatar Civis

Can the infantry take cover behind those fences?

Quote Originally Posted by Wismar View Post
    Can the infantry take cover behind those fences?
    Yes, they can jump over them and if placed behind they offer a slight degree of cover

Wismar's Avatar Civis

Yes, they can jump over them and if placed behind they offer a slight degree of cover
    Ah, I meant like other types of walls/fences where you can fix a unit to that specific cover so they crouch behind it.

I'm wondering what are you going to do for the sieges batles.. 3d modeling will be insane if you have to do cities

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Curtizmo323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Some nations helped the confederates in the war. England built many ships for the southern navy, filled them with english men and english guns to destroy the commerce of the north
    Though Great Britain or any other nation never actually sent troops over to fight in the ACW, but England and France did ship supplies and build ships for the Confederacy, such as the CSS Stonewall, which was sold to the Imperial forces of Japan after the Civil War and used in the Boshin war, becoming the Kotetsu that is in FoTS
    Last edited by AUG351; May 18, 2014 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wismar View Post
    Ah, I meant like other types of walls/fences where you can fix a unit to that specific cover so they crouch behind it.
    Depends on the mapper. With TeD you can place EF lines wherever you want, so if you decide to make a fence useable you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    I'm wondering what are you going to do for the sieges batles.. 3d modeling will be insane if you have to do cities
    Probably I will use the same "technique" as in ETW/NTW - Open field battles with some small suburb town. Or, since towns will be able to fortified, there might some fights for outer field and earthworks.

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Will there be any trenches/fox-holes in the maps?

Will there be a variety of different solders in one unit?