Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Original thread for North&South II

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: ACW - North&South II - First Unitpack released

Hmm, maybe steam downloaded the Workshop-version again, thus overwriting the new file....

who wants, can download view here an ugly video of the new cannon destruction animation - or maybe not, no idea how the video imbedding works^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmZO...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Primergy; April 20, 2015 at 02:35 AM.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    who wants, can download view here an ugly video of the new cannon destruction animation - or maybe not, no idea how the video imbedding works^^
    Only the video ID belongs into the youtube tags.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Ah thanks, now it works

Eyecandy of an confederate artillery battery which got badly mauled

Eyecandy of an confederate artillery battery which got badly mauled

YES! No more katana swords I see! That drove my OCD crazy. I love all the units and such, but my biggest concern is getting the Japanese stuff out, which I see you guys are working so hard to do. Keep up the good work! I think this mod will be more successful than ETW's ACW, since you can do so much with the engine. Not putting any hate in ETW's ACW, but I'm just saying I see a bright future for this mod.

YES! No more katana swords I see! That drove my OCD crazy. I love all the units and such, but my biggest concern is getting the Japanese stuff out, which I see you guys are working so hard to do. Keep up the good work! I think this mod will be more successful than ETW's ACW, since you can do so much with the engine. Not putting any hate in ETW's ACW, but I'm just saying I see a bright future for this mod.
    Well, nearly all the model stuff is easy to change, just time consuming. The part were i'm really worried is to get the vegetation civil warish... CA gave us a outdated rules.bob file for vegetation, which means, that I can't really convert trees and stuff atm.

Biarchus

Prim, units look great, especially the negro soldiers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just one thing. There's no canister on cannons, only whistling arrow and flaming arrow. Which I do believe would have worked well in that war.

Last edited by ztrain909; February 07, 2015 at 10:05 PM.

Nice screenies -but did you actually tried out the whistling and flaming arrows? In fact, those are shell and canister shot, I also changed the names, but it doesn't show up for some strange reason. And the canister shot is a bit buggy at the moment. As soon as there is a "barrier" it doesn't shoot.

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

OMG those units look absolutely amazing as a civil war reenactor I never thought I would see the day when we would get a ACW game that looks this good I've been keeping up with this mod from the start and I've played your other mods but your work never cease to amaze me
    Last edited by Protestant Knight; February 24, 2015 at 03:04 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmZO...ature=youtu.be
    Are animations now editable? :O Remember my insane projects with animations,Primergy
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

Have you guys thought about slowing down the pace of battles? I find that the battles go by so, so fast.

Having the same problem as Leftenant Moore, above. I bought the "Limited Edition" S2 & FotS. Sim runs fine. Installed the ACW as instructed. When I start S2 I get the ModManager screen and "check" the acw box, start the sim but still get S2. No acw, no new factions or acw units. Cleaned my AppData folder as suggested, still no soap. S2 runs great but no acw. Anyone else found a fix for this? Any help appreciated. I bought "Shogun" expressly for the purpose of running ACW. Again, any help greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by duffys tavern; February 18, 2015 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duffys tavern View Post
    Having the same problem as Leftenant Moore, above. I bought the "Limited Edition" S2 & FotS. Sim runs fine. Installed the ACW as instructed. When I start S2 I get the ModManager screen and "check" the acw box, start the sim but still get S2. No acw, no new factions or acw units. Cleaned my AppData folder as suggested, still no soap. S2 runs great but no acw. Anyone else found a fix for this? Any help appreciated. I bought "Shogun" expressly for the purpose of running ACW. Again, any help greatly appreciated.
    Hmm, thats really strange - until now I thought it should ne necessary to have Shogun + FotS, but if you have both and it still does not work i have no idea anymore ;/

Question: What is the "Bloodpatch" mentioned in post #384, and is this necessary?
    Last edited by duffys tavern; February 22, 2015 at 08:24 AM.

Leftenant Moore's Avatar Libertus

Hmm, thats really strange - until now I thought it should ne necessary to have Shogun + FotS, but if you have both and it still does not work i have no idea anymore ;/
    I should note that I have installed Shogun 2 with my FotS and can now play the mod just fine.

"Quintili Vare, legiones redde! [Quintilius Varus, give me back my legions!]"- Emperor Augustus after the Battle of Teutoburg Forest

I am really excited for the campaign to be released for this mod. Keep up the good work!! And some more eye candy every now and again wouldn't bother me any.

Seriously though guys, great work. I know I speak for a lot of people when I say it's much appreciated and highly anticipated (new updates, releases, etc.)
    Last edited by Joe31; March 19, 2015 at 07:37 PM.

Well, the mississippi turned out to be a bit to broad xD

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow jajaja this looks soooo good. Arround what are you needing help?

great unit. this is even compatible with darthmod. Only problem i had is that when i spawn these units, the game got supper lag, not with vanilla or other mod unit?