Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: How to bring an external model into Rome 2 Part 1: Set Up and Helmet.

Rapaxx's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: How to bring an external model into Rome 2 Part 1: Set Up and Helmet.

How do you optimize your models for lod2- lod4? I tried the ProOptimizer but that always kills my uv map...

Default Re: How to bring an external model into Rome 2 Part 1: Set Up and Helmet.

when you say "Also under Edit Poly make sure you're selecting the borders tab." what do you actually mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wolf View Post
    when you say "Also under Edit Poly make sure you're selecting the borders tab." what do you actually mean by this?
    Worked out what it was....and you mean vertices judging by the pictures...not borders tab

Any of you have exported models from Rome2/Attila? I need a spear, 2handed axe (attila) and a crossbow to use as base to place my custom models in the right place, but I havent the necessary tool to export rigidmodels.

Thanks in advice.

Ancient Empires Member: Unit Maker

Whenever I try and export a weapon model I get this

Texture folder: variantmeshes/_variantmodels/man/shield/tex
    ERROR: Rigid mesh 'curved_sword_1_lod1' is trying to use unsupported shader 'weighted'.
    Rigid Mesh is using unsupported shader
    Failed.

Anyone know what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Wolf View Post
    Whenever I try and export a weapon model I get this

Texture folder: variantmeshes/_variantmodels/man/shield/tex
    ERROR: Rigid mesh 'curved_sword_1_lod1' is trying to use unsupported shader 'weighted'.
    Rigid Mesh is using unsupported shader
    Failed.

Anyone know what to do?
    Worked it out. Where it says "rigidmodel: weighted" change it from "weighted" to "default"

Stealth4Health's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Rapaxx View Post
    How do you optimize your models for lod2- lod4? I tried the ProOptimizer but that always kills my uv map...
    If you haven't already, try to tick "Keep Material Boundaries", "Keep Textures" and "Keep UV Boundaries" among the Optimization Options.

Rapaxx's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth4Health View Post
    If you haven't already, try to tick "Keep Material Boundaries", "Keep Textures" and "Keep UV Boundaries" among the Optimization Options.
    Thx for that! Now it worked just fine.

HEy dose anyone know what I have done wrong on these attach points? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...blem-Exporting
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and The Life..." (John 14:6) Yeshua HaMashiach
    http://khouse.org/

how do you open .rigid_model_v2 in 3D MAX?

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

You cannot open rigid_model_v2 in 3ds Max.
    You have to convert these files to .fbx or .dae file format first.
    The only converter I know is Ultimate Unwrap 3D and its ETW plugin (works with ETW, NTW, TWS2, TWR2 and Attila file formats).

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Hey, I hope someone can help me with this problem:

I have imported a custom shield... the problem now is that (also in the Variant Editor) my shield has a boss although I did not attach one to the shield, plus when I zoom out my shield changes it's form (wtf:O). I have implemented a round shield but by zooming out it gets oval (with my textures still attached to it).

Can somebody please help me?

Stealth4Health's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by kosi100 View Post
    Hey, I hope someone can help me with this problem:

I have imported a custom shield... the problem now is that (also in the Variant Editor) my shield has a boss although I did not attach one to the shield, plus when I zoom out my shield changes it's form (wtf:O). I have implemented a round shield but by zooming out it gets oval (with my textures still attached to it).

Can somebody please help me?
    For each model you would usually do different LOD's. LOD stands for Level Of Detail. That means if you zoom out to certain points the game uses different versions of the model with less detail so that you get better performance. You don't really see the differences being that far away from the model. CA usually does three LOD's additional to the original model. Though those three are hidden in the scene of their 3ds Max files.

So in your case just right click on the viewport and press "Unhide All". Then should make the bosses visible so you can delete them.

It should also make the oval shields visible which you see when zooming out. Same here, just delete them. For your shield object, make sure its name ends with "_lod1". If you also want to have multiple LOD's for better performance, do this (It is not the best solution but you get quick results very easily): Duplicate your shield object three times. Duplicate 1's name should end with "_lod2", Duplicate 2's name with "_lod3" and so forth. Select the first duplicate (Since they are all at the same coordinates, you can use Select From Scene) and go the Modify tab. Click on the Modifier List and choose "ProOptimizer". Among Optimization Options and Materials and UVs, tick "Keep Textures" and "Keep UV Boundaries". Now press on "Calculate". Change the Vertex % to something like 80,0 for example. Then click again on the Modifier List and choose "Edit Poly". Right click on "Edit Poly" in the modifier stack and press "Collapse To". The first duplicate is now ready. Do the same for the remaining two LOD's, each time with less Vertex % of course. That should do it.

I hope it was helpful!

Could a kind soul please upload the 3ds sample file with the roman helmet, I have a newer version of 3ds max which dont have that file. This tutorial looks really good and in depth but without that file im stuck :C

Nevermind, found them at the rawdata folder in the directory

Quote Originally Posted by Biggus Splenus View Post
    warman shall bring us Medieval 3!!!!!!
    Wow, i mean he will start working on it some months later xD. Just wow

Join our discord ! : https://discord.gg/gFKGruR

Hi, i use 3ds max 2009, and i cant open the .max files from the raw data folder.I tried to merge them but still not working, some help please ?

Join our discord ! : https://discord.gg/gFKGruR

Hey!
    I'm new to this, just to mention. I've tried to get a helmet into the game and managed to do but its not visible in-game. I came up with that it must be becous I never managed to do the rigging correctly.
    Plz I need help with this part, can anyone wright a simple and short tutorial how to exactly do the rigging to bones etc.? That would help me so much !

Forgot to mention, I use 3ds max 2013 same as threadmaker

Charerg's Avatar Citizen

For a helmet, you don't need to rig the bones. Just add a skin modifier and add "bn_head" to the bones list, and it's done. If you want to actually learn rigging, just type "rigging in 3dsmax" in youtube or google it, there are plenty of videos floating around.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, of the Imperial House of Hader