Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Divide Et Impera team, we have an important message for you, please respond

Default Re: Divide Et Impera team, we have an important message for you, please respond

I like the current kill numbers. It's stupid and totally unrealistic to have routine battles where the losing army loses 90%+ of their force.

In DEI it generally takes two battles to completely destroy an army. That is historically realistic.

The problem, if there is one, is in replenishment rates. Losing armies ought not to replenish for one turn after they lose a battle, even if they're in friendly territory. That would make losing more strategically relevant without having to have battles where the loser loses 100% of his army.

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Divide Et Impera team, we have an important message for you, please respond

Quote Originally Posted by yukishiro1 View Post
    I like the current kill numbers. It's stupid and totally unrealistic to have routine battles where the losing army loses 90%+ of their force.
    In DEI it generally takes two battles to completely destroy an army. That is historically realistic.
    So its realistic for 10 man that rout and just saw their 140 friends in the same unit got dismembered,decapitated and ran down to just turn around and fight 100 horses that are chasing them down rather to just run as fast as their can for their lives? Nah i don't think so...

I got not problem with the kill-rates (although if they are increased slightly i am ok), i have a problem with what i said above, which like i said million times it doesn't nothing that only prolong the battle and it very unrealistic and annoying to watch battle after battle.

Default Re: Routing units never die

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddonn View Post
    Can you make a test where you will remove the MH animations all together and check if that will happen? I am really hoping this can be fixed since when i am fighting vs 2 full stacks i tend to kill as many routing units as possible so the enemy cannot go back and retrain the units making it easyer for farther advancements for me.And lets continue discussion in a polite way, Salea you already said you didn't touch or reintroduced the matched combat animations from patch 9 and so did Dresden so you can ignore posts that say you did, so you won't get upset, and give us feedback on a way if we can help anyhow.
    I will today and report back.

Decanus

Default Re: Routing units never die

Quote Originally Posted by Selea View Post
    I will today and report back.
    Thanks Selea! I'm very curious about this. I will feel very sorry if we're asking you to waste time as you guys are doing such amazing stuff on 0.9 :X

Edit: What a rhyme!

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Thank you very much Selea for understanding And you to Dresden.
    Last edited by Samraat Mahendra Maurya; April 24, 2014 at 09:33 PM.
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

Agree there's plenty of childish and whinners arround here but you misunderstood that guy. Just saying. Now, stop the conversation and focus in the mod wich is what we all want and prefer.

Arguing here I agree it's useless friend

Decanus

Hey Selea - any luck figuring any of this out?

Selea has been busy with work, he should be back Monday.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I really hope something good comes of this, DeI team you have some sick skills at modding and im hoping you can solve this

Its been some time? I will wait patiently

I like how it is, when I'm at war with a nation then I have several battles against them and dont destroy their main army after 1 battle.Also afterwards iam not always able to conquer all their cities.

Quote Originally Posted by PumkinKing View Post
    I like how it is, when I'm at war with a nation then I have several battles against them and dont destroy their main army after 1 battle.Also afterwards iam not always able to conquer all their cities.
    I respect your views and i like it but what the thread is saying is this as posted by Armageddon above
    "So its realistic for 10 man that rout and just saw their 140 friends in the same unit got dismembered,decapitated and ran down to just turn around and fight 100 horses that are chasing them down rather to just run as fast as their can for their lives? Nah i don't think so...

I got not problem with the kill-rates (although if they are increased slightly i am ok), i have a problem with what i said above, which like i said million times it doesn't nothing that only prolong the battle and it very unrealistic and annoying to watch battle after battle"

Barune's Avatar Miles

First, I'll agree the routing problem is annoying and unrealistic in DEI. However, in regards to this example.

"So its realistic for 10 man that rout and just saw their 140 friends in the same unit got dismembered,decapitated and ran down to just turn around and fight 100 horses that are chasing them down rather to just run as fast as their can for their lives? Nah i don't think so...
    I do think its realistic, because those 10 men know, no matter how fast they run, the horses will catch them eventually, a man can't outrun a horse, scared or not at that point its kill or be killed, fight or freeze. but that also depends on the individual. Everyone reacts differently.

I Solved this routing problem for myself a long time ago. when the game asks if you want to continue chasing units down after you have routed the entire enemy force.. Click NO.

For one, depending on how many people you killed in the unit before it was routed for good/shattered (because shattered units don't recover and come back for a 2nd/3rd/4th round.) Most of the army will probably disband from losses anyway.
    For two, The AI doesn't chase your army down, so you're actually helping the AI therefore making the game more of a challenge for yourself.

This works for me, maybe you could try it?

Quote Originally Posted by Barune View Post
    I Solved this routing problem for myself a long time ago. when the game asks if you want to continue chasing units down after you have routed the entire enemy force.. Click NO.
    I always do the same and it gives me a healthy amount of kills and captures automatically. Life's too short to spend watching the merry go round of horses chasing but never killing routers.

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Barune View Post

I do think its realistic, because those 10 men know, no matter how fast they run, the horses will catch them eventually, a man can't outrun a horse, scared or not at that point its kill or be killed, fight or freeze. but that also depends on the individual. Everyone reacts differently.

For one, depending on how many people you killed in the unit before it was routed for good/shattered (because shattered units don't recover and come back for a 2nd/3rd/4th round.) Most of the army will probably disband from losses anyway.
    For two, The AI doesn't chase your army down, so you're actually helping the AI therefore making the game more of a challenge for yourself.

This works for me, maybe you could try it?
    You do realize i mentioned horses as an example right? 10 units can be chased by screaming barbarians, by slow armored Praetorians, so no, they don't know if they are going to be caught running, but once they are caught i am pretty sure a terrified,exhausted and shattered person wouldn't turn back the split second he is being attacked and chances are he will get axe in the back while running for his life like many times through history....Also who says i wana click NO when i am asked if i wana chase routing units, i am fightign civil war with 2 of my armies vs 10 of theirs when i win after 45 minutes of micro managing i wanna make sure i kill as many as possible so my next turn is easier.
    Last edited by Armageddonn; May 03, 2014 at 07:54 AM.

Guys, stop bickering! This problem has been solved, Selea is everything ok, it has been some time? (We must all respect that this is a hobby to some) A simple answer would be great. Thanks

antred's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by KleenClothMaurya View Post
    This problem has been solved ...
    Um ... it has? Not in my game it hasn't.

the fighting back animation makes it really hard to kill a routing general early. this really takes away from realism and totally makes an early, daring dash for the general obsolete please fix this.

well try playing a good human player instead. than you dont need that "bug" to make it more difficult

Quote Originally Posted by TWJunky View Post
    the fighting back animation makes it really hard to kill a routing general early. this really takes away from realism and totally makes an early, daring dash for the general obsolete please fix this.
    Matched combat be gone ---> problem solved

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast