Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Expansion Pack discusion thread.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Expansion Pack discusion thread.

So do we have any info on the Twili expansion? The Twili Historia missions will certainly be post HTW, but the campaign might be a representation of the missions we see in Hyrule Historia?

I think the factions have been unofficially/officially revealed, at least they are listed in the wiki anyway. Also it's now called shadows of Hyrule: Total war , storyline is still a secret to everyone

I had meant more about the timing of it. Because I feel as though there's some discrepancies as to when the campaign and missions take place.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    So do we have any info on the Twili expansion? The Twili Historia missions will certainly be post HTW, but the campaign might be a representation of the missions we see in Hyrule Historia?
    The story missions take place before and after the events in HTW, mostly after though. The Freeform Campaign will be post HTW.

Also a lot of her is in it:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I remember her I like her character, what happen to her after time's menagerie because I thought she was dead.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    The story missions take place before and after the events in HTW, mostly after though. The Freeform Campaign will be post HTW.

Also a lot of her is in it:

Thanks for the reply. I guess that's what was confusing me. I knew about the general plot of various sages and whatnot, but it was confused on it taking place before AND after. I suppose we won't get a sort of Expedition faction then, one that is under the command of a few particular people who might be lingering in this alien world?

From the Shoutout to Neph thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    There are four expansions that will all be made after HTW is complete. The exception is Great Sea: Total War, which I occasionally work on simultaneously.

Great Sea: Total War is a direct sequel. It focuses largely on content from Windwaker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks. It also has a larger emphasis on naval combat.

Termina: Total War is a sequel to Great Sea. Link finds his way into Termina, only to discover Majora is up to something new. It focuses on content from Majora's Mask, Hyrule Warriors, and A Link Between Worlds.

Shadows of Hyrule: Total War takes place before HTW, during HTW, and after the Great Sea. Impa and Rauru find their way into the Realm of Twilight. There they attempt to establish a new Church with the hope of ridding the world of Majora's influence. There is some content from Twilight Princess but it's largely never before seen creatures, factions, locations, and an original enemy not in other Zelda games.

Gods of Hyrule: Total War takes place at the creation of the world and is therefore a prequel. It is not based on any Zelda game and serves as a revelation about the Goddesses and their motives.

Most of this I wanted to include in just one large game, but arbitrary hardcoded limits forced me to separate them. Even with the memory Editor patch they will likely remain separated.

Guess there will be a Hyrule/Sheikah faction?

I'd like to see that, but there's no real indication in the Faction select screen that they'd be there. Uneless their faction's really twilified.

Impa and Rauru are part of one of the eight existing factions. They don't have their own faction.

Are all four sub-mods "Cannon" in your lore or are some of them "What if...".

Quote Originally Posted by Link12 View Post
    Are all four sub-mods "Cannon" in your lore or are some of them "What if...".
    All of them are part of the story.

Well, I can only wonder how advanced Hyrule is really going to be during the Great Sea expansion - I mean, the engineer uniform from Spirit Tracks does remind me quite a lot of the French uniform of the late 19th-ealry 20th century, sans the red pants:

Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; July 11, 2014 at 11:24 AM.

From what I know about Great Sea, Linbeck is a Labrynian engineer who sells the Regime's gunpowder technology to Hyrule at exorbidant prices. Also, The Cobble Kingdom and the Locom Empire were technologically advanced civilizations that disappeared ages ago. Neph said something about uncovering technology as your campaigns progress.

In short, imagine at the start, New Hyrule is a combo between Labrynna and Hyrule's tech, and then might progress to a little more than that

Thank you very much.

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    All of the Zelda remixes are in the in the public domain, I suppose I am not sure about the rest though. I thought I remember Nephalim saying before that it all is. Either way I am pretty sure he doesn't have any copyrighted music in that mod used without permission.
    \]

Bit of a resurrection, but I have been wanting to ask this in regards to the music - the last few updates have a lot more of the 'epic' music you find in TSFH and Audiomachine, but I've lately taken issue with what feels like a lot less 'zelda' music being used. For example. There was a perfectly good (and outright beautiful) piano solo of Nayru's theme that played on the stratmap as Labrynna, and other such examples. Some were added, some were tossed, but all in all, I noticed that a lot of the actual 'zelda' music disappeared between 3.0 and 3.5/6. I just find it odd that this mod is favoring a more 'generic' score (no offense to TSFH, they're great) in place of a 'zelda' score.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

Quote Originally Posted by TheHylianJuggalo View Post
    \]

Bit of a resurrection, but I have been wanting to ask this in regards to the music - the last few updates have a lot more of the 'epic' music you find in TSFH and Audiomachine, but I've lately taken issue with what feels like a lot less 'zelda' music being used. For example. There was a perfectly good (and outright beautiful) piano solo of Nayru's theme that played on the stratmap as Labrynna, and other such examples. Some were added, some were tossed, but all in all, I noticed that a lot of the actual 'zelda' music disappeared between 3.0 and 3.5/6. I just find it odd that this mod is favoring a more 'generic' score (no offense to TSFH, they're great) in place of a 'zelda' score.
    I think the reason is Neph Likes and prefers the orchestra over a one or two instrument song. He has stated numeres times that he wishes Nintendo would put more effort in to the LoZ songs, instead of making simple melodies.

It still makes playing factions like Ordon and the Kokiri a little more fun when they have their more 'folky' themes which are actually from Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    It still makes playing factions like Ordon and the Kokiri a little more fun when they have their more 'folky' themes which are actually from Zelda.
    Exactly. It's not a matter of 'orchestra vs. melody, it's much more about fitting in the atmosphere. When I play as Labrynna, I expect to hear some kind of a remix of Lynna City or something of the sort. When I play as the Shekiah, I'm hoping to hear a version of Shiek's theme, the rain/intro of LttP, or the hidden village from TP. If you must make it orchestral to fit the epic warfare mood, so be it - rip it out of ZREO or something.

When I die,
    Show no pitty,

I'm sure ZREO would be thrilled to have people use their music after the Twilight Symphony was leaked and ruined them.

How exactly would that 'ruin' them? They're doing this as an NFP venture anyways? Whatever, didn't notice it happen anyway

But the point still stands. For example, why don't we have something like this (cleanup of swamp noises discretionary) as the Deku stratmap or something? It's a matter of more Zelda, less generic. You get the point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvvt95IP0MY

Damn imbed blocker.

When I die,
    Show no pitty,

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast