Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions & Questions

Default Re: Suggestions & Questions

can we prevent her from getting married through a script ?
    Nope!!

So, I have seen in the old preview that Haladin will have Drúedain units. Great, that will give that faction certain uniqueness
    Wosses are uniques to the haladin faction as regional units, but they are also availables to the other edain faction and some elves as mercenaries in a few points of the map (Forest of Brethil and South East of Old Forest -in FA this forest was bigger than in TA, you know).

The question is will Haladin also have female wariors? They were unique in that their women could have more political power than in other houses of Edain and even wield arms in battle; most notable example being Haleth. Of course, this shouldn't be overdone; but I think one unit wouldn't be against the lore. Maybe bodyguards of lady Haleth would be the best option, if she will be present in the mod. That would prevent players from turning Haladin into amazonian kingdom...
    Yes, why not?...the only bad point is make them as a general unit, that's a codding nightmare...
    Haleth is not planned to be in the mod as a character, and any other female.

That pics seems as a wild Boadicea/Boadicca....but is a very good concept!

There's not any good solution to have female characters/generals in the mod, so they'll be only as normal units or boyguards of a man character, sadly to the girls' supporters!

Cheers.

Oh, I just stumbled upon this thread... and first of all - it's a great relieve Rome 1 is still alive for fresh ideas based on the Tolkien's universe. Besides... great work! I would like to play Silmarillion mod! It's a shame nothing serious was ever created... then you would be first I guess

I understand you don't want to make any conotations with PJ's universe. So you are not gonna use any of Howard Shore's tracks. Do you have any ready ideas for music tracks already? Or any general overview at least?

So you are not gonna use any of Howard Shore's tracks.
    Yes, that music will not be in the mod...it can give us a lot of problems (copyright, piracy or who knows?). Sadly, because is the best from PJ's movies.

Music will be custom made.
    Last edited by Bercor; August 06, 2014 at 06:01 AM.

C'mon Milner don't spoil the surprise . We were saving that for an announcement.

For once, I’m really looking forward to the new music. While the music from the movies is great, of course, it was heard for hundreds of times. New music will be refreshing, and is always nice to listen to something new.

New custom music is planned, but our professional compositor is busy at the moment. We hope he will be able to make something before the final release, in the meantime we will use already made music by him.

His name can't be revealed yet, I'm afraid. But he's famous!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    New custom music is planned, but our professional compositor is busy at the moment. We hope he will be able to make something before the final release, in the meantime we will use already made music by him.
    Oh... ok XD Sadly I've already seen what Milner has spoiled so I know now But yeah, quietly speaking... if tracks would be custom made especially for the mod, then yeah, that's really awesome! Such a refreshment would be very nice. Because yes, I am sure the compositor's style might strongly fit Beleriand-based mod But besides, psssyt... you do realise another reeenown mod ehhem ehhem already possess sooome of them (especially from the particuuuulaaaar album), right?

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post

His name can't be revealed yet, I'm afraid. But he's famous!
    I told you his music was good
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

you do realise another reeenown mod ehhem ehhem already possess sooome of them (especially from the particuuuulaaaar album), right?
    I'm not sure about what do you trying to say with "another reeenown mod"...if you say LotR or FA, they are not related with us in their development (except Bercor, who is on FA development actually), we are only supporters of these great mods .

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Milner View Post
    I'm not sure about what do you trying to say with "another reeenown mod"...if you say LotR or FA, they are not related with us in their development (except Bercor, who is on FA development actually), we are only supporters of these great mods .
    Well, he's probably referring to the music.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    Well, he's probably referring to the music.
    Indeed, I am. Hopefuly the compositor will have time to make something fresh. Because otherwise we might end up with "clone" soundtrack, with many tracks that XYZ posses. Well... though it still woudn't be the same clone as Shore's tracks all over again xD

But in fact... I am quite confused and it's great mystery to me... how exactly Milner has understood my intentions in the first place?

how exactly Milner has understood my intentions in the first place?
    To somebody that live in the West, that reborn after dead,that is living between valar, maia and is powerful between the first born (and please, don't say names...)...it was not too much difficult .

Glarpindel?

I said:

"(and please, don't say names...)"

That's why the last part of my signature is how it is...

I have a question that may double as a suggestion. Have you decided how detailed campaign do you intend to make? Will it be similar to LoTRTW i.e. focused much more on battles than empire development or will you develop both aspects of the mod?

To be honest, LoTRTW bored me pretty quickly and felt a bit shallow campaign wise. Not a surprise since my favourite mods are FATW and EB. I enjoy very much city development, unique buildings and details (and role playing) which adds to emersion. Some would say my style of playing is quite boring because I like micromanaging a lot… I like to focus on my kingdom and develop it. I would personally very much like if you would dedicate a bit of attention at this regard. For example, buildings like "Armour +1" honestly seem unimaginative and not immersive at all.

Disclaimer: I absolutely do not mean to belittle LoTRTW or any other mod. I am perfectly aware that mod’s focus was recreation of the battles from the movies and respect its team very much. It just wasn’t as deep at some aspects that are much enjoyable to me. It’s a personal opinion and as such expresses personal preferences. I wouldn’t like if this would grew into heated debate about mentioned mods.
    Last edited by Jagmodo; August 08, 2014 at 06:58 PM.

Will it be similar to LoTRTW i.e. focused much more on battles than empire development or will you develop both aspects of the mod?
    Both aspects! (but to me is more important the campaign aspect than graphics).

To be honest, LoTRTW bored me pretty quickly and felt a bit shallow campaign wise. Not a surprise since my favourite mods are FATW and EB. I enjoy very much city development, unique buildings and details (and role playing) which adds to emersion. Some would say my style of playing is quite boring because I like micromanaging a lot… I like to focus on my kingdom and develop it. I would personally very much like if you would dedicate a bit of attention at this regard. For example, buildings like "Armour +1" honestly seem unimaginative and not immersive at all.
    You can join in the team if you want to help with this... (building's browser, bonuses, resources on the map, etc...)

Disclaimer: I absolutely do not mean to belittle LoTRTW or any other mod. I am perfectly aware that mod’s focus was recreation of the battles from the movies and respect its team very much. It just wasn’t as deep at some aspects that are much enjoyable to me. It’s a personal opinion and as such expresses personal preferences. I wouldn’t like if this would grew into heated debate about mentioned mods.
    Well, LotR is more focused in battles and multiplayer than in campaing, everybody can see that...but it's funny too in campaign if you play slowly (similar to your style, that is my style too -i only play with one big army-).
    I don't think is a bad opinion about the mod (if you said your opinion with respect, there's not problem), anyway their authors said about their work that it is focused more in battles than in campaign.

Yeah, that's something that we could use someone to help us, since, right now, we have no one.

And the team knows you, so you are more than welcome (you can play the mod and test everything before nobody...)

Lord of Cats's Avatar Vicarius

Greetings! This mod looks fantastic so far! I have a couple questions, though:

1) How are you going to do the dragons? Will they work like armoured elephants in battle? I noticed you have a Brood of Glaurung faction. Does that mean dragons are going to be the generals for that faction?

2) What's the time frame for the mod? Is it from 455 FA to 590 FA with regular two-turns per year? That would give you 270 turns. 455 FA is when Morgoth breaks the Siege of Angband in Dagor Bragollach (Battle of Sudden Flame). That's a major turning point and when the War of the Jewels becomes really intense. Plus all the factions would exist.

3) Do the evil factions have generals without family trees? I think they shouldn't have family trees and that the factions should function like the Teutonic Order faction does in Medieval II Kingdoms. Is that possible to do on the Rome TW engine?

Oh, and you can use the music of Howard Shore if you want btw. The Third Age Total War mod does. But if you come up with a whole new soundtrack for the game, that would be really cool too.

Cheers! Cats

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast