Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patch 12 Beta Live (from Total War Forums)

Default Re: Patch 12 Beta Live (from Total War Forums)

its somewhere in the startpos.. using old one instead of the one which was updated with patch12beta means Roman armies are still numbered and named legions...

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Previously Roman army names use different files. If that's still the case then it's easier to change. Just change the external part in the .loc files. However from what ypu show the old files might not be used anymore since the number thing are hardcoded (I think). In out build 5 or 6 I did add the new names though so that the 1st 4 legions raised are name Italica (better than Adiutrix or Augusta or Fulminate for early consular legions).

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...a-LIVE/page11?

The name issue is being looked at, according to Jack.

Is somebody else getting more CTD's after the patch? I'm using radious mod and some other units mods. Now I'm getting crashes during AI turn, when pressing esc to get to to the menu and last one was when trying to exit the game. Never happened before patch 12. Does this sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    Feel like I've seen those siege fixes already under Battle AI Improvements...

I'm just waiting for a patch one day that just has one thing listed in the patch notes...

" It is now possible for the battle AI to defeat the human player during a siege."
    it defeated me several times (ok with armies 6-10 times my size, maybe), so it can happen.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    You forgot Imperator II. Limes stole my ideas.
    Is that so! Well we all borrowed from each other didn't we. And great minds think alike!

I was on the mod team for RTR:AE, but an innocent bystander in whatever happened against TWC/copying ideas etc. Just a mere unit concept photoshopper and historical researcher (I contributed most to the Thracian/Odrysae faction). Those were the days. If only we could have a game of such depth and intrigue! *faints*

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by baptistus View Post
    why ? it is strange .... it will make the raiding more useless.
    I agree, the public order penalty was the only motivation I had for dealing with small raiding armies and fleets, this worked well.

The legion naming thing sounds like a huge mistake, I hope this doesn't go into the final game as the legion numbers are one of the great features of playing as Rome and it would be extremely annoying to have to rename all your armies on recruitment.

The most promising changes are to balancing, I think all of them will make a big positive difference to the outcome on the campaign map. With African tribes and the Etruscans weaker, and Carthage and Rome stronger, I think we can expect the AI to produce proper empires with these factions!
    Last edited by GussieFinkNottle; April 16, 2014 at 06:49 AM.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

Default Rome II - Patch 12 Screenshots: Better redo the game and forget about patching?

Just made some screenshots of my latest TW session: Atlantis, the flying besiegers and pixeled Super Mario (for Nintento) like armies. Just forgot to make a screenshot about my ships landing on the shore, but instead ride from the beach to the inland I just don't know, there are no words to describe this game...

Attachment 305792Attachment 305793Attachment 305794Attachment 305795Attachment 305796Attachment 305797Attachment 305798Attachment 305799Attachment 305800

I don't know, but maybe in another (but reasonable) universe it would be wiser to just redo the title rather than patching the unpatchable nightmare. Hey, I mean those screenshots made me laugh hard, nothing bad.

...But when it reminds me about how shallow the game design is and how not appropriate the engine and the AI are, well... than I do not find any words for that. A pitty that the beauty of Rome II is being corrupted by its design.
    Last edited by Hetairos; April 17, 2014 at 09:00 AM.

Good patch. They nerfed Carthage having too cheap of a upkeep cost on Mercs & fixed every Carthage man being named Gisco, was wondering why no Hannibal on Barcid Family by the time of 2nd Punic War.

Most of the time I have Merc armies as Carthage since the Merc version of units like Numidian cav/jav/nobles are half the upkeep cost & instantly can recruit them for half the price. That was a Overpowered faction trait.

Looking at unit stat changes, they not only increased morale for Fierce Swords but they increased their charge, attack & hit points.
    Sword Followers also got increased Hitpoints & morale. Veteran spears got less hitpoints but they increased morale.

Overall it looks like Boii & Nervii have had their units improved.
    Last edited by Ishan; April 17, 2014 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Double Post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123