Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Total War - Installation Guide

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Hyrule Total War - Installation Guide

Installation Guide has been updated and even has new pictures!

I hope you guys enjoy playing the latest version of Hyrule Total War! Have fun playing, and Have a good one.
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

Icon5 Re: Hyrule Total War - Installation Guide

Quote Originally Posted by SirMark9 View Post
    Installation Guide has been updated and even has new pictures!

I hope you guys enjoy playing the latest version of Hyrule Total War! Have fun playing, and Have a good one.
    Hi SirMark9, I've had a quick look through some of the pages and you seem to be very influential at solving problems on the mod download. I think this is file based because I've downloaded the Install_Hyrule_Total_War zipped file, the Install_Gerudo_Wars_Mission_Pack .msi downloader, and the three HyruleMissions .rar files.

If I'm right, 7zip software can be used to open the rar files and the .msi Gerudo file is like downloading any other file; however, inside the zipped Install_Hyrule_Total_War file is an .msi downloader called Install Hyrule Total War. This is where it gets weird (and thanks for reading this far ), once I've sent it to the steam Medieval II mods folder, a message saying:

Source file not found:
    C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Install_Hyrule_Total_War.zip\Install Hyrule Total War1.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Then it gives me an option to retry or cancel, the former of which just repeats the message again. I can only assume that another file in the appdata/temp area of my PC has recreated the file I am downloading and I think it is this file that I need to verify. I've tried changing permissions in both the Medieval II mods folder and the appdata/temp folders too. If you or anyone else has a solution to this problem of verification to installing Install Hyrule Total War.msi, please post in the comments with my post attached as a quote thank you all

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

@ Kaiser Otto

Right now I'm downloading the files and will expand this post (or post a new one) when they are done, but for now...

1: The three RAR files are just extracted using 7zip or other software. I believe you just move them to the proper location when they are done extracting.
    2: Inside the main HTW zip, there should be two files (one .cab and another that is an installer). Run the installer to install HTW to your computer.
    3: Regarding the Gerudo Wars mission pack, I need to look at it further, so I'll come back with more information soon.

Edit

For the .msi files, just run the program and it will install automatically (these are called the Installers). There is no need to move these files to a different location from where you downloaded it.
    2: After the installation is complete, you may need to move the finished product if you are a Steam user.

Hopefully this helps. If there are any other problems or continued difficulties, please let me know.
    Last edited by SirMark9; September 02, 2015 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Otto View Post
    Source file not found:
    C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Install_Hyrule_Total_War.zip\Install Hyrule Total War1.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Then it gives me an option to retry or cancel, the former of which just repeats the message again. I can only assume that another file in the appdata/temp area of my PC has recreated the file I am downloading and I think it is this file that I need to verify. I've tried changing permissions in both the Medieval II mods folder and the appdata/temp folders too. If you or anyone else has a solution to this problem of verification to installing Install Hyrule Total War.msi, please post in the comments with my post attached as a quote thank you all
    Hello Kaiser Otto! The problem is that the .msi file is trying to extract information from the .cab (where all the mod information is compressed, sort of like a better .zip file) but cannot access it as it is pointing into a folder that it can't access (within the zip folder).

To correct this, use "save as" to make sure the zip is downloaded to somewhere that is not a temp location, and extract both files (Install_hyrule_total_war.msi & install_hyrule_total_war1.cab) into the same folder (even the desktop works) - so long as both files are in the same location the .msi script will do it's job correctly and unpack all the contents of the cab file to the directory of your choosing (in this case make a "Hyrule" folder in the mods section of Medieval II - if on Steam this should be in DriveLetter:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Medieval II Total War/Mods)

Hope that helps!

Hi SirMark9, I was hoping you could help me with something. Your installation guide has been very good in general, but I can't figure out how to access the historia parts after the download.

Sorry if I'm being dumb, I'm pretty knew to the mods-scene, so no part of this comes naturally to me yet.

Thank you in advance.

I have a question I downloaded total war, I also download hyrule total war after the game install was finished.
    Upon double clicking the hyrule total war icon on my desktop it asked to load disc 2. :/
    The game disc I got from the torrent was about 6.9gbs, I used power iso to mount it and sure enough securom gave me this
    http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=13000

I don't have a BD-R or a dual layer dvd disc at the moment, is there a work around that or would this need to be burned for it to work ?
    My only concern is after still burning that media, securom may give me grief over a cloned disc.
    Is there anyway you could lend me a hand, I also saw this mod a few a days ago on youtube and wanted to give it a try before I delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFirePhoenix View Post
    I have a question I downloaded total war, I also download hyrule total war after the game install was finished.
    Upon double clicking the hyrule total war icon on my desktop it asked to load disc 2. :/
    The game disc I got from the torrent was about 6.9gbs, I used power iso to mount it and sure enough securom gave me this
    http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=13000

I don't have a BD-R or a dual layer dvd disc at the moment, is there a work around that or would this need to be burned for it to work ?
    My only concern is after still burning that media, securom may give me grief over a cloned disc.
    Is there anyway you could lend me a hand, I also saw this mod a few a days ago on youtube and wanted to give it a try before I delete it.
    I think we not allowed to discusse pirate or craced games here

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

@ SadisticSummer

For...
    HyruleMissions1_4 (Ancient Era)
    HyruleMissions5_12 (Ganon Arc)
    HyruleMissions13_16 (Twili Arc)

...after downloading, you will have a .RAR file.

You will likely need another program to open it. I personally use 7zip (Link) to unzip the files.

Then, go into the unzipped folder and either copy and paste (or cut and paste) the Hyrule folder to wherever your mods folder for Medieval II is. (in Steam's case, ...Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/Hyrule). Merge the two Hyrule folders together.

Finally, it should all work. Run Hyrule Total War, go to the Hyrule Historia, and your missions should be there.

-----

As for the Gerudo Wars, simply run the installer. Just make sure that the files end up in the proper location (if you are a Steam user, either specify the location in the installer or copy it over).

@ BlackFirePhoenix

I fear I can not help you if you are using a pirated copy. Also, it seems you are likely using the Sega variant instead of Steam, which is a method I am unfamiliar with.

Christmas is coming up, so if you like, you might be able to grab Medieval II during the Steam sales for maybe about $8 (in US currency). Besides the vanilla game and its expansion, there are other awesome mods aside from Hyrule Total War. There are mods that have Total War gameplay for the Lord of the Rings (Third Age Total War), Game of Thrones (Westeros Total War), Warhammer (Call of Warhammer), or for something more simple that improves upon the base game, Stainless Steel. If these interest you, it may be a nice investment to purchase the Medieval II Total War to experience all of these wonderful mods.

But again, as you are using a copy from a torrent, I can not help you. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMark9 View Post
    @ SadisticSummer
    Also, it seems you are likely using the Sega variant instead of Steam, which is a method I am unfamiliar with.

Hmm, I feel sorry for the people that have the non steam version then and they lost or broke their cd over time.
    Besides that I am not really into games like these plus the steam price won't be dropping.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/4780/

Thanks for replying.

I have recently re-downloaded and re-installed the game since I was getting so many CTD's while playing (I thought I must have installed something wrong) and followed your guide to install and play it, however, it CTD's on the Hyrule Toal War loading screen. I do not use the steam version (nearly every guide is for that version) and both the AUI and Executable files in the Hyrule folder do not work (crash on loading screen). I got this to work a few days ago but can't remember how I did it. Any help for a guy not using steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Cimar_of_Turalis View Post
    I have recently re-downloaded and re-installed the game since I was getting so many CTD's while playing (I thought I must have installed something wrong) and followed your guide to install and play it, however, it CTD's on the Hyrule Toal War loading screen. I do not use the steam version (nearly every guide is for that version) and both the AUI and Executable files in the Hyrule folder do not work (crash on loading screen). I got this to work a few days ago but can't remember how I did it. Any help for a guy not using steam?
    Did you read the posts where you downloaded it from? There are people who have asked those questions there. And got an answer.

I tried using the way by renaming the folder Americas and that got it to work. Does that make the Americas campaign not work anymore though? And I apologize, I am absolutely in no way tech savvy when it comes to this stuff. Last time I got this to work using the regular launcher I somehow bumbled into the fix and got it working. Now I'm just trying to figure out what I did last time to get it to work again.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

This guide has fallen into the depths of Page Two. (y this no sticky yet?)

So, a bump for good measure for anyone interested in playing Hyrule: Total War and needing some help with installation.

So everything works for me, got the mod loaded and working, hotfix set, but I have a slight problem. I can't find the files needed to download to get Hyrule Historia, which is a bit irksome. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Hyrule Historia is being re-worked and unavailable at the moment.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

Do you know when it will be re-released.

Not for a looooooong time, or at least for the earlier missions.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.

the game "work" but every general after the starting ones have classic medival 2 portrait same for agents that have hte vanila portrait. their ingame on map appearance is normal and not vanilla, but agents dont work for exemple blakc market merchant have assasin agent skills.

does installing the game in another language than english may create problem? asking since i have missing texture

Most likely yes
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast