Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Total War - Installation Guide

Default Re: Hyrule Total War - Installation Guide

Okay, so, I apparently had to download the game, then verify my files in steam because ALL I had been getting beforehand was the mods folder alone. Now I have alot more after verifying and redownloading what seems to be the whole damn game. So, reinstalled the mod and the community patch 6, and now instead of getting the 'missing executable', I just nothing, but the task manager says Med2 is up and running system wise.

Okay, finally got it working. The game is working at last ! Huzzah! Now I just need to figure out how to add in the story missions..

re-naming the copied file to "Kingdoms.exe" does nothing, it doesn't help.

Deleting one of the DLC folders and re-naming the Hyrule Total war folder causes a "fatal error" and causes a crash.

nothing you have suggested works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory11 View Post
    re-naming the copied file to "Kingdoms.exe" does nothing, it doesn't help.

Deleting one of the DLC folders and re-naming the Hyrule Total war folder causes a "fatal error" and causes a crash.

nothing you have suggested works.
    You're using the Steam version of HTW? Or non-Steam?
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Can someone please help me? I've done everything it says above, but whenever I try to play the kingdoms folder with the mod in it, the game crashes and says "Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal." And whenever I use the binary distribution launcher that or the hyrule icon launcher, it just sends me to vanilla medieval. Please help!

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by dragonheart46 View Post
    Can someone please help me? I've done everything it says above, but whenever I try to play the kingdoms folder with the mod in it, the game crashes and says "Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal." And whenever I use the binary distribution launcher that or the hyrule icon launcher, it just sends me to vanilla medieval. Please help!
    1: Where did you get your Medieval II game from (Steam or Sega)?
    2: Since I think you have replaced an medieval expansion, have you tried running normal Medieval II and selecting that expansion?
    -- I don't think running it directly will work if you replaced an expansion.
    3: Double check if you have kingdoms.exe. You may need to copy & paste your medievalII.exe and rename the copy to kingdoms.exe.

Here's a short list for the "Run Directly Method"

1: Have Hyrule Total War in its own "mod" folder (Hyrule)
    2: If you are using Steam, copy and paste your Medieval II executable and rename the copy to kingdoms.exe
    3: Run the Hyrule Total War Executable (not the AUI).
    4: Hyrule Total War should run.
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

Can anyone help me out, ive downloaded the game from steam and done all the above, but i cant find the medievalII.exe file

Can I get some help?
    Game crashes on startup, opens up the HTW screen and I see the spinning triforce cursor, then the apologetic message shows up.
    And my game isn't steam.
    "Always Fight Smart, Never Fight Fair."

"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't."

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.”
    ― John Steinbeck

If you have steam all you need to do is just go to launch options in steam and paste this into it --features.mod=mods/hyrule (or what ever you named the folder) then launch the game this works for all mods

Also can anyone pinpoint what is casuing this i pick a faction in freeform campaign and after the loading screen finishes loading the game CTDs with no error message. Ive used the exes to repair the files and I renamed the Med 2exe to kingdoms.exe I am also using community patch 7. help please

Did you install the tech tree changes I made a few months back because if you did that's probably why

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    Did you install the tech tree changes I made a few months back because if you did that's probably why
    Not sure. I installed all the parts at Mod DB and I installed the community patch 7 thats it

Quote Originally Posted by SirMark9 View Post
    1: Where did you get your Medieval II game from (Steam or Sega)?
    2: Since I think you have replaced an medieval expansion, have you tried running normal Medieval II and selecting that expansion?
    -- I don't think running it directly will work if you replaced an expansion.
    3: Double check if you have kingdoms.exe. You may need to copy & paste your medievalII.exe and rename the copy to kingdoms.exe.

Here's a short list for the "Run Directly Method"

1: Have Hyrule Total War in its own "mod" folder (Hyrule)
    2: If you are using Steam, copy and paste your Medieval II executable and rename the copy to kingdoms.exe
    3: Run the Hyrule Total War Executable (not the AUI).
    4: Hyrule Total War should run.
    I've been getting the same error message as that guy. I've been using the direct running method, with the copy renamed to kingdoms.exe. I do see the hyrule total war download screen and triforce loading cursor, but the game crashes with the snarky error message. I'm using Steam, and I'm able to run other mods directly (namely Thera) with the kingdoms.exe.

I got an update! I got the Campaign to work after i installed the 3.7 and only the 3.7.3 patch. The campaign CTDs once i install the 3.7.4 patch. I have not tried the community patch with the 3.7.3 update. Ill keep you posted.

What I found to work is dont bother making the kingdoms.exe as per instructions. I found this way works well for all mods and worked well with this one till this update.
    For Steam Version
    Go to med 2 in lib and right click
    then select properties
    on the first page youll see "Set Launch Options"
    once you click that enter --features.mod=mods/hyrule
    Then when you launch the game Itll work fine. For use with other mods just change hyrule to what ever you have called the folder containing the mod.

Hello there !

I'm a bit new around these parts, and I'd like to ask for your help ! Just as many others, I try to join the great Hyrule Wars, but I run into troubles ! After hours of struggling, It worked just a bit. Here's my actual state :

- Steam Version
    - Hyrule 3.7 installed without patches or mission packs
    - correctly placed in mods, in the correct folder, named hyrule.
    - Launching from the shortcut of the .bat of the mod leads to the Hyrule charging screen and the triforce spinning cursor, and then crashes with the "Uh Oh" message.
    - Launching from renaming the folder as a "classic" mod such as americas causes the game to crash instantly when launched, with the default "Medieval 2" error message.
    - Not using mods launchers, since it seems some might not work, I'm kinda lost, so I'd prefer to avoid it.
    - the --features.mod=mods/hyrule technic has been used, and it still crashes as in the "shortcut" technic.

Thanks in advance for your help, and I deeply apologize if the answer is already in the thread, or is easy as hell to correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmonolith View Post
    Hello there !

I'm a bit new around these parts, and I'd like to ask for your help ! Just as many others, I try to join the great Hyrule Wars, but I run into troubles ! After hours of struggling, It worked just a bit. Here's my actual state :

- Steam Version
    - Hyrule 3.7 installed without patches or mission packs
    - correctly placed in mods, in the correct folder, named hyrule.
    - Launching from the shortcut of the .bat of the mod leads to the Hyrule charging screen and the triforce spinning cursor, and then crashes with the "Uh Oh" message.
    - Launching from renaming the folder as a "classic" mod such as americas causes the game to crash instantly when launched, with the default "Medieval 2" error message.
    - Not using mods launchers, since it seems some might not work, I'm kinda lost, so I'd prefer to avoid it.
    - the --features.mod=mods/hyrule technic has been used, and it still crashes as in the "shortcut" technic.

Thanks in advance for your help, and I deeply apologize if the answer is already in the thread, or is easy as hell to correct.
    Been having exact same problem as this guy. None of the aforementioned solutions have worked in my favor. Not the advanced launch one, replacing the kingdoms' mod one, or anything else.
    At exact same stage as him, no matter what I do I get as far as loading screen and the sarcastic uh oh message tells me I crashed. I have not downloaded/installed any community patches or addons since I'd rather have the mod work before I do so.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

I haven't touched Hyrule Total War in quite a while or have updated to the latest version, so I am unsure if this will provide much assistance.

Have you tried creating a copy of medieval2.exe and renaming it kingdoms.exe?

After doing that, try running Hyrule Total War directly. If there continue to be problems, let me know and I'll try troubleshooting from my end.

I haven't touched Hyrule Total War in quite a while or have updated to the latest version, so I am unsure if this will provide much assistance.

After doing that, try running Hyrule Total War directly. If there continue to be problems, let me know and I'll try troubleshooting from my end.
    Yea, but where EXACTLY am I supposed to place kingdoms.exe? Placed it inside the mod folder (which I renamed crusades instead of americas for that option, Ialso tried it with the folder named hyrule) and inside the general medieval 2 folder for steam
    All the different sets of instructions I've seen have sent me all over the place. Also tried the --features.mod=mods/hyrule thing with the kingdoms.exe in the same folder. Keep getting the sarcastic uh oh message or some other form of crash

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

@ RiseofHank

The kingdoms.exe go in the same place as the medieval2.exe (inside the main Medieval 2 Total War folder, not in the mod itself).

I'll download a clean copy of Hyrule Total War later today and see if I can get it working. I remember some people having problems in the General Discussion / Announcements thread, so it may be possible that the vanilla releases may be bugged for some reason.

Does not make a difference just fallow my instructions. The most recent patch needs to be fixed dont do the 3.7.4 or w/e its called lol

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast