Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Total War - Installation Guide

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Hyrule Total War - Installation Guide

Quote Originally Posted by cgstohr View Post
    I tried those and they still didn't work. I change the settings when I play the game would that have any affect on it? I lower them...
    Can you define what exactly does not work and the steps you took when following my suggestions? Without detailed information, including even information that may seem to be useless, I can't really help here.

Another aspect for consideration is that if you want to play the Freeform Campaign, only select that option and don't touch the Hyrule Historia or Custom Battles for that game session.

Issue 1: Freeform Campaign Crash - Example

1: Run Kingdoms Launcher
    2: Select Hyrule Total War
    3: Select Single Player, Freeform Campaign
    4: Select Faction to play as.
    - Crash: Staying on the Faction Select screen for the Freeform Campaign and looking through the different factions will eventually cause a crash. To avoid this, choose a faction and begin the campaign as soon as possible. To my knowledge, this is an unfixable crash. As stated previously, to avoid crashing just select the faction you wish to play as and start immediately instead of looking through what is available.

Issue 2: Steam - App Already Running - Example

1: Run Kingdoms Launcher
    - Issue: Even after starting Hyrule Total War, the Kingdoms Launcher will not completely close itself and may lead to overlapping music from the launcher and HTW. We will have to forcefully close the launcher.
    2: Select Hyrule Total War
    3: When you reach the Main Menu, ALT + TAB. Alternatively, hit the Windows key (the one that opens up the start menu in the bottom left on Windows 7).
    4: Start Windows Task Manager
    5: Go to Processes, not Applications.
    6: Look for Launcher.exe. Select it and hit End Process.
    7: After Medieval II (modded or not) exits or crashes, Steam should no longer have the App Already Running problem. To double check this, look in the bottom right of the Steam client, your icon should have a blue border which indicates you are not playing anything.

I have a question/issue with "crashing" on start up. The reason I use the quotes is because when I use use the launcher and the AUI.bat file the mod does not start at all. This started yesterday after I have played many hours on it. I did get it to start up again by swapping files like in step 4.

After some testing it seems the .bat file still works to change the UI but not launch the game. To play the game with the right UI i have to run the Hyrule Launcher, wait for it to crash then use the M2 launcher to get into the game, after it goes to the desktop because my game will not sync up onto the online server, with the overlapping music.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by jwagne51 View Post
    I have a question/issue with "crashing" on start up. The reason I use the quotes is because when I use use the launcher and the AUI.bat file the mod does not start at all. This started yesterday after I have played many hours on it. I did get it to start up again by swapping files like in step 4.

After some testing it seems the .bat file still works to change the UI but not launch the game. To play the game with the right UI i have to run the Hyrule Launcher, wait for it to crash then use the M2 launcher to get into the game, after it goes to the desktop because my game will not sync up onto the online server, with the overlapping music.
    If I'm reading this right, you are trying to get the custom UIs to work with the AUI bat file and attempting to do so causes the crash?

Personally, I don't bother with the AUI file. However, let's see if these suggestions work. However, please note that I no longer have the 3.5.1 version and have the April Beta, so these solutions may not fix your problem.

1: Direct Access - AUI
    - Do not use the launcher
    - Navigate to your Hyrule mod folder in Medieval II.
    - Run your AUI file
    - Select your desired option and play!

2: Direct Access - Executable
    - Do not use the launcher
    - Navigate to your Hyrule mod folder in Medieval II.
    - Run your Executable file.
    - Hyrule Total War should work.

3: Normal Launcher Access
    - Run Medieval II Kingdoms Launcher
    - Select Hyrule
    - Begin playing!

Hey guys. I have Windows 7 and my installation process for HTW has gone really rough. I can't get it to work. When I extract the two files (Parts 1/2 and Parts 3/4), I get a message that says "File broken", but the file still seems to be extracted. Then, when I try to run the installers for both, it stops about halfway to tell me that "the cabinet file disk1.cab required for installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package". What does this mean and/or what am I doing wrong??? I am not a very tech savvy person so excuse me if this is an idiotic question.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 01, 2014 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Duplicates merged

I posted a inquiry a few days ago and it didnt show up. Could somebody please help me with my problem?

Ok. Here's whats happening. When extracting both HTW downloads (parts 1/2 and 3/4), I get a some errors which say "File broken", but at the end of the extraction process the installers are there as they should be. When running the installers, however, everything runs fine until about halfway through the process I get a pop-up notification that says "The cabinet file disk1.cab required for this installation is corrupt, and cannot be used". This cancels the install, therefore not letting me be able to even put HTW on my computer (the same error happens with both installers). Can somebody please inform me on what I am doing wrong and how I can fix it? I apologize if this is a stupid question as I am not very tech savvy. Ignore the post I made above, btw.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by balloonofwar4 View Post
    Ok. Here's whats happening. When extracting both HTW downloads (parts 1/2 and 3/4), I get a some errors which say "File broken", but at the end of the extraction process the installers are there as they should be. When running the installers, however, everything runs fine until about halfway through the process I get a pop-up notification that says "The cabinet file disk1.cab required for this installation is corrupt, and cannot be used". This cancels the install, therefore not letting me be able to even put HTW on my computer (the same error happens with both installers). Can somebody please inform me on what I am doing wrong and how I can fix it? I apologize if this is a stupid question as I am not very tech savvy. Ignore the post I made above, btw.
    Based off this information, I want to say that when downloading the installers they were somehow corrupted during the process. Essentially, I believe you have to download the installers again.

So, I suggest to...

1: Redownload Hyrule Total War
    2: Extract the files (As in the guide, I personally use 7Zip)
    3: Run the installers.

Hopefully when downloading Hyrule Total War again the files will not be corrupted and the installation process will work without any problems.

I have deleted and redownloaded both HTW installers a total of three times now, and nothing has changed. Should I try downloading HTW from a different website than the links listed in the guide?

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by balloonofwar4 View Post
    I have deleted and redownloaded both HTW installers a total of three times now, and nothing has changed. Should I try downloading HTW from a different website than the links listed in the guide?
    No! What ever you do, do not download Hyrule total war from any other source other then the download source Undyingnephalim provided. Ever.
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

@balloonofwar4

Hay here is the directions on how to instal "Hyrule Total War" and other things that may help you.

Read it all for full details. It is a messege that I sent to a friend.
    ////////////////////////////////
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin
    Quote Originally Posted by my friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin
    Hi. Have you tried out the latest Update to the "Kingdom Of The Golden Land" mod. Post your thoughts on the Forums. We'll be listening. Kingdom of the Golden Land Mod

/////////////////////
    I'm sorry, I have not tried out the latest version. Despite repeating my installation several times I cannot get the latest version of H:TW to work and it seems to be a client side issue (and a new one, considering most previous versions of H:TW worked) so I'm afraid I can't give my feedback. At this point, I'm just waiting around for an even newer H:TW to come around so that I can see if that will work.
    /////////////////////////
    I hope it starts working for you. It's never fun to get a game your Hyped about. And then it don't work. Here is my suggestions, if you like...

1) Have your tried different Links for the down load?
    2) Ask a friend to give you a hand with it. (Some times a second set of eyes really do help, especially if you missed some thing.)
    3) Try getting it working on a different PC. (Some times but not often, it's the PC's fault.)
    4) Down Load HTW at a PC with better Internet Connection. Then transfer it with a flash drive or other devise to the PC you want to install it on.
    (Because Bad or slow connection can cause Bugs to appear.)
    5) Don't interrupted the down load. (This will obviously cause issues)
    6) If you use Medieval 2 total war on steam. Don't forget to use the "KingdomsLauncherApp". It's found on the Total war forms.
    7) Install HTW in the order of there install number, not their file name. For example the new HTW game come with 2 things to down load. but 4 things to install. when you try to install them, some of them are a different file number then what it's called. ie. 2 is labeled 3, and 3 is labeled 2, etc...
    (you can check this by opening the files install window. once you open it, check the name of the file it says you are installing. If I remember right "2 is labeled 3, and 3 is labeled 2" but I'm not sure. ) well ones I did it this way, My game of HTW started working.

8) I guess all this is obvious to you, sorry if I was treating you like a noob.
    I hope this helps you balloonofwar4.

Thanks Eldren. I'll try to download it on my desktop. It a much better quality computer compared to my laptop. Maybe it will work there.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

This helpful guide ended up on the second page? Madness!

Bump for good measure.
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

Im having problems getting this to work. if i start it directly it just loads vanilla MTW2 and since i installed the mod my launcher keeps giving me a .NET Framework error. I havnt deleted them to see if launcher works then but any advice im new to modding. Also i have the launcher app and my game shouldnt be Steam. And could the fact that i installed the game on my second hardrive (not standerd C/Program etc.) have somthing to do with it?

Oh and my Hyrule folder is 4.89GB too

Quote Originally Posted by GodsUnfitChild View Post
    Im having problems getting this to work. if i start it directly it just loads vanilla MTW2 and since i installed the mod my launcher keeps giving me a .NET Framework error. I havnt deleted them to see if launcher works then but any advice im new to modding. Also i have the launcher app and my game shouldnt be Steam. And could the fact that i installed the game on my second hardrive (not standerd C/Program etc.) have somthing to do with it?
    Do you mean you have the disk version of the game (not the Steam version)?

I'm afraid I'm not sure what to do about that error; I've been running M2TW from a second hard disk for ages and without trouble, for what it's worth. Maybe some of our more tech-savvy forumites could offer some advice?

Welcome to the forum, by the way.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Not disc or steam.. other means (I will be purchasing and supporting this fine game once my work quits laying us off) Steams never been involved tho i admit im not 100% sure its not the version i got. Ive been playing the vanilla game + expansions just fine till i tried to get this mod. Even after i deleted the Htw folder from mods my launchers still giving me the same error. Thanks for the welcome too. Ill copy the error i get for any1 knows what it means.

"An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error"

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    Error in the application.
    -2147220906 (VFW_E_NO_AUDIO_HARDWARE)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.Audio.Open(String fileName, Boolean autoRun)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.Audio..ctor(String fileName, Boolean autoRun)
    at Launcher.LauncherMainForm.ApplySkins()
    at Launcher.LauncherMainForm.LoadSkins()
    at Launcher.LauncherMainForm.LoadLauncher()
    at Launcher.LauncherMainForm.LauncherMainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    Launcher
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2669.20298
    Win32 Version: 1.0.2669.20298
    CodeBase: file:///E:/1%20Games/Medievil%202/Launcher.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
    CoreLib
    CodeBase: file:///E:/1%20Games/Medievil%202/CoreLib.DLL
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
    SkinLib
    CodeBase: file:///E:/1%20Games/Medievil%202/SkinLib.DLL
    AxInterop.SHDocVw
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/1%20Games/Medievil%202/AxInterop.SHDocVw.DLL
    Interop.SHDocVw
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/1%20Games/Medievil%202/Interop.SHDocVw.DLL
    Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/accessibility/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/accessibility.dll
    UpdateLib
    CodeBase: file:///E:/1%20Games/Medievil%202/UpdateLib.DLL
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
    Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
    Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/microsoft.directx.audiovideoplayback/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/microsoft.directx.audiovideoplayback.dll
    Microsoft.DirectX
    Assembly Version: 1.0.2902.0
    Win32 Version: 5.04.00.2904
    CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/microsoft.directx/1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35/microsoft.directx.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
    application or machine (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
    rather than being handled by this dialog.

The system logs say theres some stuff missing but wered it go and how did it get there?

00:37:38.013 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    00:37:38.013 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    00:37:38.064 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    00:37:38.085 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    00:37:38.121 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    00:37:38.157 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    00:37:38.194 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    00:37:38.209 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    00:37:38.209 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/shared.txt is missing
    00:37:38.209 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/tooltips.txt is missing
    00:37:38.209 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/battle.txt is missing
    00:37:38.227 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/strat.txt is missing
    00:37:41.306 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    00:37:41.322 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    00:37:41.322 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    00:37:41.353 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    00:37:41.663 [system.rpt] [error]

00:37:46.392 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.393 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.396 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.397 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.399 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.400 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.402 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.403 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.404 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.405 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.407 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.408 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.409 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.410 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.411 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.412 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.424 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.426 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.429 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.430 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.432 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.433 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.435 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.436 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.437 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.438 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.439 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.440 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.442 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.443 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.444 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.445 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.453 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.454 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.460 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.461 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.463 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.464 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.465 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.466 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    00:37:46.518 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10671, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    00:37:46.518 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10789, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    00:37:46.518 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10790, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    00:37:46.519 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10800, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    00:37:46.519 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10801, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    00:37:46.519 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10813, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    00:37:46.519 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10814, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    00:37:46.519 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10855, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    00:37:46.533 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16753, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(GoodDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    00:37:46.533 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16761, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(BadDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear_bad)
    00:37:46.533 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16769, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(StrongFaith) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_faithclear)
    00:37:46.533 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16777, column 22 :
    we should only have trait(Purifier) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_purifierclear)
    00:37:46.536 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17702, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    00:37:46.536 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17703, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    00:37:46.536 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17712, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    00:37:46.536 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17755, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    00:37:46.536 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17756, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    00:37:46.536 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17765, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    00:37:46.540 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga
    00:37:46.541 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    00:37:46.541 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    00:37:55.032 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    00:37:58.152 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    00:37:58.158 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    00:37:59.112 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    00:37:59.270 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/normans.tga is missing
    00:37:59.271 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing
    00:37:59.272 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/saxons.tga is missing
    00:37:59.273 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing
    00:37:59.275 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    00:37:59.275 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    00:37:59.372 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    00:37:59.405 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    00:38:00.328 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    00:38:00.342 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    00:38:00.345 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    00:38:00.346 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    00:38:00.350 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    00:38:00.350 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    00:38:00.352 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    00:38:00.353 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    00:38:00.354 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    00:38:00.354 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    00:38:00.361 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    00:38:04.381 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval II suffered a fatal error and will now exit.

Good news i figured it out. Apperently headphones or a audio device of some kind is required and now the game seems to be running properly. I apologize for the wall of text my last post was

When launching the Freeform Campaing(v 3.6) it automotically activates a hotseat, resulting in two playable factions(Hylian being the default hotseat). Does anyone have an idea to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by HouroftheReturn View Post
    When launching the Freeform Campaing(v 3.6) it automotically activates a hotseat, resulting in two playable factions(Hylian being the default hotseat). Does anyone have an idea to fix this?
    Neph said that this was done on purpose. It is not a bug. If you so called fix it, several Codes will go Buggy...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast