Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HTW 'open beta' feedback thread

Default Re: HTW 'open beta' feedback thread

updated my list, i think the 'no free unit upkeep' and 'cant issue orders outside movement range' bugs are from americas, im playing a campaign right now and hve the same problems

Thanks for the acceptance master Neph!

I don't have anything constructive to say right now though, sorry. Work is really busy right now so I might not get much time to game in general, but I'll work at this when I can.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Edit: Added additional bugs. (3-5)
    Edit 2: More bugs! (6-9)

Well, I thought about using my own .txt file in the Dropbox folder, but then I decided that was too much hassle so I'll just post my reports here. :D

Downloaded Version: April 19,2014 - 12:00 PM // US Central

Bug 1: Main Menu - Freeze When Transistioning to Loading Screen
    - Upon clicking "Start" on either the Freeform Campaign or the Hyrule Historia, the screen will freeze for a time before the loading screen appears.
    - This problem is not found in 3.5.1. (Stable Release Version). Here, starting causes the Current screen to fade into the Loading screen.

Bug 2: Freeform Campaign - Sheikah Generals - Death Stance
    - Sheikah Generals are not recruitable in Kakariko. The icon is present, but I don't think there is any availability of the generals as the unit pool does not seem to replenish. (Tested to Turn 15, Death Stance)

Bug 3: Freeform Campaign - Wizzrobe Conversion
    - As soon as one settlement is ready to convert, the code converts ALL settlements with Wizzrobe influence, no matter how minor the influence is.
    -- I gained like 10 settlements on Turn 12 because I was recruiting priests and sending them to convert the masses. Only two settlements were near the "conversion" point, the others had lower than 10% Wizzrobe influence. I should have sent my priests on a grand awakening to possibly win the Long Campaign on turn 12!

Bug 4: Freeform Campaign - Twilight Civil War - Zant
    - When Zant is recruited, Minda's recruitment dialogue appears right afterwards even though she is not recruited.

Bug 5: Freeform Campaign - Pre-Battle Crash
    - When playing the Twilight Civil War as Zant, I was examining my opposition in more detail when I got the "Sorry, pal" crash.

Bug 6: Freeform Campaign - Twilight Civil War - Zant's Savefile
    - Loading a Zant save file makes the player Hyrule. The current turn is stuck at Twilight and the player can not do anything (besides check what Hyrule has, but that is useless.)

Bug 7: Freeform Campaign - Twilight Civil War - Zant's Victory
    - I took over the Palace of Twilight as Zant and ransomed the soldiers. Presumably, Minda was the "Unlocalized Placement Text" so I assume this is why I did not claim victory?

Bug 8: Freeform Campaign - Twilight Civil War - Minda Recruitment Dialogue
    - It repeats twice if the player sides with Minda. Also, it has incorrect traits lited.

Bug 9: Freeform Campaign - Twilight Civil War - Minda vs Zant = Crash
    - Attacking Zant as Minda results in a crash.

Sheikah Stance Report:

Shadow and Death Stance seem to be working as intended. Shadow Stance tested up to Turn 5 and Death Stance up to turn 15. For Death Stance, I entered it immediately when given the option.

Shadow Stance:
    - "Gifts" to Hyrule occur during Hyrule's turn.
    -- Units, if any are present, are "evacuated" from the town.
    -- Multiple settlements are "gifted" in the same turn if applicable. (Tested with 2 settlements at once.)
    ** I have not yet tried testing building something or recruiting a unit while the settlement is under Sheikah control to see if something still occurs a turn or two later.
    ** I have also not tested against non-rebel factions.

Death Stance:
    - Kakariko conversion to Sheikah occurs immediately after going into Death Stance
    - Normal settlement construction and unit recruitment are present. The only issue is the Generals recruitment as stated above.
    Last edited by SirMark9; April 19, 2014 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Additional Bugs

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@UndyingNephalim

Going over the logs, I may be missing a lighting file for the battle map terrain. Here is the log from the point where I attempted to attack Zant's forces. I will mess around with attacking other stacks and see if that helps. Otherwise, I may need a file again.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    18:58:25.815 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_BATTLE_ENGAGEMENT from transgressor faction 31EEE9E0 against faction 31EEF0B4
    18:58:25.823 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1862: caching directory: mods/hyrule/data/globallighting
    18:58:25.823 [system.io] [trace] exists: 8222: caching file: mods/hyrule/data/globallighting/gohma (1397273465)
    18:58:25.823 [system.io] [trace] exists: 8223: caching file: mods/hyrule/data/globallighting/kokiri (1397273465)
    18:58:25.823 [system.io] [trace] exists: 8224: caching file: mods/hyrule/data/globallighting/moonfall (1397273465)
    18:58:25.823 [system.io] [trace] exists: 8225: caching file: mods/hyrule/data/globallighting/mystical (1397273465)
    18:58:25.823 [system.io] [trace] exists: 8226: caching file: mods/hyrule/data/globallighting/termina (1397273465)
    18:58:25.823 [system.io] [trace] exists: 8227: caching file: mods/hyrule/data/globallighting/twilirealm (1397273465)
    18:58:25.823 [system.io] [trace] exists: 8228: caching file: mods/hyrule/data/globallighting/underground (1397273465)
    18:58:25.823 [system.io] [trace] exists: 8229: caching file: mods/hyrule/data/globallighting/volcanus (1397273465)
    18:58:25.823 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/globallighting/sunrise_fog.lighting
    18:58:25.823 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/sunrise_fog.lighting,,not found
    18:58:25.823 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_fog.lighting,,not found
    18:58:25.824 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_fog.lighting,186
    18:58:25.824 [system.io] [info] open: found data/globallighting/sunrise_fog.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    18:58:25.837 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1863: caching directory: mods/hyrule/data/globallighting/env_maps
    18:58:25.837 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: mods/hyrule/data/globallighting/env_maps
    18:58:25.837 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm.texture
    18:58:25.837 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Hyrule/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm.texture
    18:58:25.837 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/sunrise_fog.lighting,,,-186
    18:58:25.838 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    18:58:25.840 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0404_Army_Family_Trigger> fired
    18:58:25.840 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0534_Unexplored_Strat_Speed_Settings_Trigger> fired
    18:58:26.241 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

I just noticed something, the Great Deku Tree is a proper General now, even without bodyguards, he can have traits and everything , whether this is a bug I don't know, but if neph did it on purpose then well done

Really? Have you fought a battle with it? That would be quite interesting and contrary to what was presumed before.

EDIT: Well, back to topic. I have played around with the new units, and would like to give a short report of them. Results were sometimes interesting.
    So, let's see...
    Domain Supreme: Functions intended, no complaints.

Floodmaster: Functions as intended, very powerful. No operational complaints.

Bigocto siege platform: Functions as intended.

Sandblaster: Functions as intended.

Viridgohma: Functions as intended.

Hivekeeper: Functions as intended.

Shroud Walker: Functions as intended, but if my memory does not fail, some of the visual effects may not function. Shroud walker has and creates no shroud. This may however be just my memory.

Acid Sprayer: Causes the game to crash when fires (I suspect severe memory leaking and malfunctioning M2TW engine resource distribution, but would like to hear other experiences), but otherwise functions as intended.

Fecespult: Launching first load takes very long (Even with all catapults loaded there is about 10 seconds of waiting before the siege engines fire) and are prone to stop working, usually leaving only 1 or 2 operational siege engines. Additionally aim is too low, of 20 shots against stationary infantry unit 19 fell approximately 10 or more meters before the infantry, totally harmlessly. 1 shot hit the object, but at range of about 40 meters I would expect either a more even divergence with shots over the infantry too, or a lot more hits.

Mazura: If chosen, causes the game to crash when beginning a custom battle. Tried with several map with similar results.

Great Ballista: Works as intended and looks very good.

Shrine of Courage: Trait: Legionary eagle is missing, if it is not somehow hidden. If it does not have some other hidden trait, it does not have encouraging effect. Haven't checked EDU yet.

Shrapnel Flinger: Problems comparable to Fecespult, only that shots go well over the targeted unit by some 20 meters.

Breath of Ordona: Problems comparable to Fecespult, but targeting works.

Flame Cannon: Problems comparable to Fecespults, but targeting works.

Zirros: Apparently don't have melee attack and don't fire. (I suspect that constant moving causes that problem, as infantry can't shoot on the move.) When charging, a couple of Zirros might throw a grenade, but as now the unit is not in any mind reliable and can't be used. Perhaps changing them to light cavalry would help?

Plowers: Unit covers too large area and thus does not react to orders swiftly enough. For example it is hard to execute an effective charge even against stationary units as formation stops after initial contact. Both running and walking charge tested. Tighter formation or smaller unit size would get rid of the problem.

Deku Catapult: Has problems similar to Fecespult but targeting works. Lacks name and description

Manhandlites: Extremely slow, making unit very vulnerable. Probably intended. No other problems.

Other Deku units: Working as intended.

Iguanalfos: Works as intended

Poison Spear Launcher: Unit is prone to stop firing, otherwise no problems.

Inferno Cannon: Functions as intended.

Death Shaman: Functions as intended.

Steamtank: Functions as intended. Guns smoke cloud appears about 2 meters up from the gun itself. Tank is pretty fragile in melee, though crushing functions surprisingly well, congragulations for that. I'd give the tank very large defense skill if insane armour is not wanted. (It takes quite a lot of skill to damage a tank with a sword. One unit of Gerudo marauders finished the tank in melee, albeit with casualties of over 100 soldiers, no other units in battle.)

Sol Nurse: Functions as intended. The original grayish clay grenade texture may be wanted to change, but no other complaints.

Fused Shadow: Other than using Shadow Messengers sprite, no complaints.

Twilight swordsman: Works as intended, but lacks name and description.

New Shadow Bloat: Works as intended.

Herald of Seasons: Works as intended.

Gates of Tarm: Works as intended.

Hylian Wizards: Close-up models lack texture and appear black. No other complaints.

Death Wizards and Conjurers: Function as intended.

Skull Knight: Functions as intended.

Needle Storm: Functions like intended.

New River Zora units: Function like intended.

I know, that UndyingNephalim is not so interested of these things, but just now I haven't time to test the campaign. I would like to hear your experiences of the new units.
    Last edited by Teknokraatti; April 25, 2014 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Beta-testing bugs reporting

Quote Originally Posted by Teknokraatti View Post
    Really? Have you fought a battle with it? That would be quite interesting and contrary to what was presumed before.
    Yea and he is just as OP as before , and although he spawns with no traits at all, I used the add trait cheat to test it and it works.

Here some screenshots if anyone is interested.

*edit also for some reason the Mirror Gate appeared as a Unit

could someone tell me how to insert pics without that annoying box, I can't work out how
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Last edited by tedster1995; April 25, 2014 at 01:35 PM.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    I just noticed something, the Great Deku Tree is a proper General now, even without bodyguards, he can have traits and everything , whether this is a bug I don't know, but if neph did it on purpose then well done

It's not a bug, I got single unit generals to work finally... though they can't use projectile special abilities so Hylia needs a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknokraatti View Post
    I know, that UndyingNephalim is not so interested of these things, but just now I haven't time to test the campaign. I would like to hear your experiences of the new units.

Yes I am, somehow all the entries for the Shroud Walker's attacks vanished and I had to put them back in.

That's awsome

also with the units I pretty much agree with what you have said @Teknokraatti, but to add on to that the Mad Mystics are great, love their fighting style, but I found the conjures sort of just sat there and did nothing for me, and the same with the Tarm gates.
    Last edited by tedster1995; April 26, 2014 at 03:45 AM.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    It's not a bug, I got single unit generals to work finally... though they can't use projectile special abilities so Hylia needs a new one.
    That's another point for Undyingnephalim!
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    That's another point for Undyingnephalim!
    The engine's a tough son of a gun to crack, but Neph's persistence eventually beats it down.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

I have now played 45 turns of a Wizzrobe campaign and feel that some experiences would be worth sharing.
    -Wizzrobe as faction is highly playable. Key features function, but may need a check.
    -Aquamancers are currently useless, beside as very weak melee fodder. They should push enemies backwards and stagger them with their ranged attack, but that does not happen. I believe this is already reported before.
    -Great Deku Tree is now general, but there were 3 of them on battlefield. This applied to both times I encountered him on the field of battle. May be a solitary, rare bug, but worth noting.
    -Wizzrobe conversion works, but needs some work. Too often a settlement (Maybe about 30% of cases) converts after only 2 to 10% of Wizzrobe influence and once I had to get the influence over 90% before settlement conversion. Variation in needed settlement conversion level is too great presently. Also in cases where only one settlement is being converted at a time.
    -Priests are easily acquired, which is a problem when player can just spam them. After about 20 turns I used usually groups of 10 priests to convert settlements. This makes Wizzrobes very powerful as they can grab settlements without angering the other faction, no matter what settlement or whether it is occupied or not. Intended, I suppose, but currently allows the Wizzrobes to spread absurdly quickly, even by current very fast-paced campaigns norms.

I also played as Sheikah for 25 turns and remained in shadow stance, so no information about death stance. Here are some observations.
    -Gifting cities to Hyrule works as intended.
    -Apparently the Sheikah are supposed to get additional income based on their actions in campaign or otherwise gain money as campaign advances, but that does not work. Should the Sheikah stay in shadow stance, they go bankrupt inevitably if extremely aggressive looting is not put into effect quickly. This means, that although recruiting Sheikah generals and troops from mercenary pool works, player can not make use of them for long before his/her funds dry out. This means that player must be extremely careful with own generals.
    -Former does not totally ruin the Sheikah campaign, because new units appear near Kakariko village successfully. Also appearing units seem to follow progressive pattern, giving player more and better as campaign advances. Works as intended.

If I found something more, I will edit them in. These campaigns will probably not be used, as I am tempted to mod the new units in campaign.

Found most of the aforementioned errors, with a few other bugs.

1: Can not get Inferno Cannon to work for either custom battle or campaign. Anytime battle is loading, always quits halfway through with "Sorry, pal".

2: Some effects (smoke, explosions) have a black box around them that is very visible.

3: Tarm Gate siege weapon projectiles explode 10 meters away while killing units 100 meters away.

4: Midna's armies are unable to attack Zant forces without getting a "Sorry, pal" message.

5: When Shiek forces take over a city in Shadow Stance, a "Sorry, pal" is awarded after the battle has concluded.

6: Not sure if this is intentional or not; Wizzrobe Death Wizards projectiles are invisible. On top of that, a sustained barrage causes the enemy unit to begin running in circles for a couple of seconds.

More to be posted as discovered.

Is the remade Deku Tribes play testable?
    Has any one play tested them yet?

I've fought them; haven't played as them myself yet. But they are there.

I have given the new deku a go. I am actually quite in love with them. They are much more balanced and diversified. The only issue is the Zirros not being able to attack, but it is now a faction that I can play through with hope of victory. Calvary fall like flies to the new units, and the stealth units have a good size for a large ambush from behind.
    Overall, the Deku are now a credible threat and a faction worth playing as.

On a side note, has Neph released the patch with the Hero Abilities yet? I have found the abilities among the mod's files, but they do not seem to be implemented yet. If not, will it be implemented anytime soon?

By the way, how does one join the "open beta test"? I wouldn't mind joining to help out.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    By the way, how does one join the "open beta test"? I wouldn't mind joining to help out.
    Send Undyingnephalim your email in a PM. He will then invite you and you can download the beta file.
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast