Thread: [CK2] [Released] Witcher Kings

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default [CK2] [Released] Witcher Kings

Download Witcher Kings (0.2.481 @ 2014-04-09) [CK2 v2.1.1]

Changelog

Spoiler for 0.1.304

The latest version of the mod fresh from repository.

Download: Witcher Kings (0.1.304)

Compatible with 2.0.2, 2.0.3 and 2.0.4, previous saves won't work.

As this mod is work in progress there isn't a complete changelog, but the new or changed things are:

• New elf and dwarf portraits (thanks to MEP team);
    • Fully incorporated latest VIET version;
    • Mercenaries;
    • System to learn magic;
    • Magic plots and decisons;
    • New ambitions;
    • Various improvements and bugfixes.

If anyone wants to help out with this mod contact me or JonStryker or post on this thread. We are looking for any help we can get - scripters, history writers, artists. If you cannot help the mod by contributing to it do post your feedback, bugreports or ideas for features and events you would like to see.

Spoiler for 0.2.410
    We had more than 100 commits on the SVN so I'd say it is time to put a new version here. As always it contains content that isn't yet fully finished.

Download: Witcher Kings (0.2.410)

Compatible with 2.0.2, 2.0.3 and 2.0.4, previous saves won't work.

Changelog:

• Mages can hold their special mage towers, small counties on the map
    • Auto-divorce certain marriages between races
    • Duchy and Kingdom creation requirements fixed: You now only have to hold at least one of the de jure counties of the respective title.
    • Some new provinces, mostly taken from the new Witcher book "Sezon burz".
    • Nilfgaardian rework: CBs, factions, weak/strong emperor mechanic [not fully finished]
    • Better random dynasty COAs thanks to rabid bogling
    • All non-canon characters get fully randomized traits now, not pre-set ones as before
    • Improved magic system
    • Moved the Skellige islands south
    • Various improvements and bugfixes

(tell me if I missed something major)

If anyone wants to help out with this mod contact me or talias or post on this thread. We are looking for any help we can get - scripters, history writers, artists. If you cannot help the mod by contributing to it do post your feedback, bugreports or ideas for features and events you would like to see.

Contributors

JonStryker
    talias
    Yurtex
    Clagius
    makesin
    McBeanie
    Korbah

Integrated Work

MODS

VIET
    , cybrxkhan
    Duel Engine, jordarkelf
    Succession Law Factions for Ultimogeniture and Tanistry, Jordarkelf
    Syren's Nickname Mod, Syren
    Council Shuffling Mod, The_Chancellor
    New Borders Mod, EOOQE
    Minimap Makeover, Korbah
    Republic Trade Events income-scaled and attribute-weighted, riknap
    Better Combat, JyriK

MODPARTS
    SWMH country flags, Aasmul
    Valyrian Portraits (AGOT), cabezaestufa
    Hedge Knight COAs (AGOT), the_hdk & Rabid Bogling
    Elf and Dwarf portraits, Lonhaldar (MEP)
    Religious icons, AnaxXiphos
    Dynasty COAs (AGOT), Rabid Bogling & JD

SVN-Repository

https://www.assembla.com/code/witcher-mod/subversion/nodes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Developer Diaries

Spoiler for 2014/02/16: The Magic

Diary #1 - The magic

The first developement diary will talk about magic. The Witcher setting is full of magic in many different form - sorcerers, magic artifacts and wide variety of monster.

The mod has three kinds of magic users – sorcerers, druids and witches. Each are represented by a trait. All of them have access to short list of spells each suitable for specific situation. They can use the spells for themselves or for their liege if they are on the liege’s council as court magicians.

The sorcerer is the most powerful of magic user, in addition to immortality, they have access to largest variety of spells - heal, charm, protect, participate in battles or sieges.

The witches have the same healing spell as sorcerers and a curse, the curse is the only spell you can use directly on character do him harm.

The druids double as priests for the nature religion. They have access to just a single spell – healing, although it’s a bit different than the one others have, it can heal just the most minor of injuries and depressed and stressed traits.

The spell mechanics themselves are quite simple you can use the spell that targets yourself from decision menu or if you wish to target others from character menu plots.

When you use the spell you become drained, as long as you are drained you can’t use any spells and have decreased health.

Every child have a small chance to have magic talent, this chance is increased if any of his parents or grandparents are sorcerers. If the child displays magical talents it’s up to guardian to decide what to do with the child, there are many possibilities – teach the child yourself, leave the child in your court magicians care, give the child to druid circle, kill the child, send him to any of the magic academies to name the few.

If the child is sent to one of the magic magic academies he is considered disinherited and will stay in the academy until he becomes a sorcerer. Once fully fledged sorcerer he will be able to offer his services as court magician, try to get himself a tower or do other thing the sorcerers usually does. The sorcerers can they will sometimes move around - leave your court if they dislike you, move in or out of towers, leave academy or return to academy, so if you really want to keep your sorcerer keep good relationships or just properly land him.

I mentioned towers – they are special small counties that only sorcerers can hold, they generate no income and will have special building tree to make sorcerer even better. If the tower is not owned by sorcerer they are considered wilderness province, the wilderness mechanics will be expanded further to cover different types of areas - elven ruins and unsettled provinces.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by JonStryker
    The Witcher world is a rich fantasy world that surely deserves a Crusader Kings 2 mod. I am not the most experienced modder but I've been working on this (on and off) for a couple of months now. Interested folks might have already stumbled upon the steam group WitcherKings.

Please try it out, give suggestions and (hopefully) get involved and start to contribute to the mod. You don't need to be an experienced modder (although that would be nice), just the will to learn new things.

Lots of things in the current build are debatable, this thread is exactly the right place to do so!

Original release thread can be found here
    Last edited by Clagius; May 01, 2014 at 05:35 AM.

Default Re: [Released] Witcher Kings

Amazing! What time period is this set?
    1st, 2nd, 3rd Northern War?

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Why dont you put it on moddb? More people can see it.

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Santini View Post
    Amazing! What time period is this set?
    1st, 2nd, 3rd Northern War?
    Currently we've only the Witcher 2 timeframe bookmark in a playable state, but more are planned to be added.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Why dont you put it on moddb? More people can see it.
    This thread actually has everything the Paradox one has, apart from some links, which I will add right now. Moddb page is something to consider. Thanks for the tip!
    Last edited by Clagius; May 01, 2014 at 05:40 AM.

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

Can you put up some screenshots so we can see?

stupar123's Avatar Miles

Didn't know for this mod, gotta check it out

Hey! Is this project still going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bean Laden View Post
    Hey! Is this project still going on?
    Sure it is. OP has just forgotten to post the latest version here

Default Re: [CK2] [Released] Witcher Kings

Hi guy's.
    I'm a big fan of Witcher (i mean fuc*ing crazy about that) and (of course if you want) I can help you with not exist raight now version, but I can make it with me friends. It will be honour for me. Sorry for bad English.

I mean polish language mod/version.

EVERYONE:

Head over to our steam page and check it out.
    We are currently on the hunt for more people to help out with the mod so please message me or JonStryker about it.

Is this mod available for Mac computers?