Thread: ARCHIVED Technical Help Posts

Default Re: Imperial Splendour Technical Help

doublepost .. my bad

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

should it not be

mod "IS_skins_sotd.pack";
    mod "Imperial_Splendour.pack";

this is taken from the user.empire-script.txt that came with the skinpack archive file.

also if you got problems with game crashing. Put the content of your user.empire-script.txt file in here so we can have a look at it. Also file names of custom files in your data folder.
    Last edited by Gomer_Pyle; July 30, 2009 at 04:21 PM.

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer_Pyle View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    should it not be

mod "IS_skins_sotd.pack";
    mod "Imperial_Splendour.pack";

this is taken from the user.empire-script.txt that came with the skinpack archive file.

also if you got problems with game crashing. Put the content of your user.empire-script.txt file in here so we can have a look at it. Also file names of custom files in your data folder.
    You can write those two in both ways, I think ..
    Since there are no files that overwrite themselves

I don't know if it is just custom battles, but most artillery (only artillery) have no names, like there is a localization error. I haven't had time for a campaign, is this an error?

all i have in my script file is this: mod "Imperial Splendour.pack"; i dont have the mod "IS_skins_sotd.pack";. where do i get the IS skins pack?

oh wait thats the sons of dannebrog isnt it? i dont have that. and the only custom files i have in my data folder is the imperial splendour.pack and the patch_is_text.pack. thanks for all the help btw.

A samll question absout the order of installation, I gues I install the original IS 2.o files, then the first small hotfix and after that the major hotfix right?

And since I have the DLC there will come some patch for me too later on that I only paste into the folders?
    Gamer since early 80-ties! Find me on twitter - be aware I'm geeky and tweet a lot!

Sorry for butting in, but how exactly do you install this mod? This installation instructions refer to a "startpos.esf", "patch_is_text.pack", "mod_is.pack", and a "user.empire_script.txt".

All I found in the download file was the "patch_is_text.pack" and an "Imperial Splendor.pack". How exactly do I open/use these files? Forgive me if I'm being a complete douchebag, but I just started trying ETW mods.

Installation

BACKUP ORIGINAL startpos.esf then Place the IS2 startpos.esf file in your empire total war\data\campaigns\main folder.

Overwriting is necessary with this file I am afraid, CA has not come up with a good system like the mod files

Place the patch_is_text.pack and the mod_is.pack in your empire total war\data folder.

Place the user.empire_script.txt in your The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts found in

Windows Vista
    C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\

Click here if you can't find the folder

Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\

Click here if you can't find the folder

Instead of using the user.empire_script.txt file, you can also use the Mod manager, or if you have some experience, enable the mod yourself.

From the download install instructions hehe.
    Last edited by Dogmeat; July 31, 2009 at 12:33 AM.

i am having trouble installing this mod i placed the startpos.esf, patch_is_text.pack, and the Imperial_Splendour.pack files all in the right places but i can't even find a user.empire_script.txt file

Quote Originally Posted by nick312 View Post
    i am having trouble installing this mod i placed the startpos.esf, patch_is_text.pack, and the Imperial_Splendour.pack files all in the right places but i can't even find a user.empire_script.txt file
    Vista or XP (or something different ?)

vista

Quote Originally Posted by nick312 View Post
    vista
    Open the start menu (left bottom in the taskbar)
    Search for "appdata" > open "roaming" > open "the creative assembly" > open "empire" > open "scripts" .. In there you should find the "user.empire_script.txt" file (if not, make it yourself)

In the "user.empire_script.txt" file you should write :

mod IS_skins_sotd.pack;
    mod "Imperial Splendour.pack";

Precisely like that, unless you want to run other mods

thanks

okay so i put everything in the correct folder, and i did the script correctly. but when i start the game it goes to the original empire total war. any ideas why this is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by pats4eva View Post
    okay so i put everything in the correct folder, and i did the script correctly. but when i start the game it goes to the original empire total war. any ideas why this is happening?
    Hmmm .. this seems weird

Can you tell me exactly what files you added in the data folder and what did you write in the user.empire_script.txt file ?

Also tell me where your data & script file are located, if any of these files is misplaced the mod won't work

You should see the IS logo at the main menu if the mod is properly loaded

I can also recommend you to look in the download & installation thread, which explains in detail how to install the mod

Hope to have been of some help

In my data folder i added the Imperial Splendour.pack and the patch_is_text.pack. and in my user.empire script.txt file i wrote mod "Imperial Splendour.pack";. my data folder is in progam files/steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data. my text file is in user/timothy/appdata/roaming/creative assembly/empire/scripts. thank you very much for ur help

Quote Originally Posted by pats4eva View Post
    In my data folder i added the Imperial Splendour.pack and the patch_is_text.pack. and in my user.empire script.txt file i wrote mod "Imperial Splendour.pack";. my data folder is in progam files/steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data. my text file is in user/timothy/appdata/roaming/creative assembly/empire/scripts. thank you very much for ur help
    Did you add the startpos.esf file in progam files/steam/steamapps/common/empire total war/data/campaigns/main ?

Also how do you start the game ? Do you use Steam to start it or the mod manager ?

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

I have a problem. Battles don't work for me. Well they do, but when they load the load screen stays up over the battle-map. Screenshot:

I thought I installed everything correctly, but it seems I didn't. I put the files in the place they are supposed to go. Was I supposed to delete anything before starting the mod or something? This is the first ETW mod I've tried installing, so I don't really know what I'm doing too well. I don't see why they couldn't make it easy like M2TW...

I'm on Vista and don't use the modmanager btw, if that matters.

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

Have you gone through this and looked again if you got it all right and all files is included?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=282639

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-