Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battle mechanics thread

Default Re: Battle mechanics thread

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    But to equip a pikeman with armour was not cheap, Poacher.

I agree an Armoured Pikeman would cost some £'s.....but his upkeep of his armour / Pike would be minimal thereafter and certainly compared to a Musket, that fouls / rusts, needs re-equipping, parts, shot etc etc. Thus by all means have a healthy recruit price, but a much smaller upkeep.

Default Re: Battle mechanics thread

Well, armored pikemen should enjoy a mild protection at the very least represented as bonus against melee units(if the engine allows for it in any way, be it armor or a morale boost) but the advantages of said protection should ideally not justify the cost, at least (again, ideally and hopefully) later in the game when muskets and musketeers keep becoming better and more useful at rendering armor obsolete, this can be achieved through wisely thinking out building and unit chains, I am sure of it. (and the stats and prices, of course.)

I know Geronimo set out to do that with the prices, while good on paper it translates rather devastatingly on the gameplay, thankfully Wolves in the Throne Room did a lot of good balancing in that regard and with his modified version the ratio I've been seeing with the AI was much better. All those changes will be present in the next version, right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12