Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Waco 2.0 imminent: Nevada burger farmer threatens 'range war' against federales

Default Re: Waco 2.0 imminent: Nevada burger farmer threatens 'range war' against federales

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    Isn't that "the American way"?

now on a serious note, he sais the federal government does not own the land in the state of Nevada according to the constitution.

I don't know how your federalism works exactly so does he have a point? Or is he deluded?
    Nah, he is deluded. The Constitution has a clause which says the Federal government can own property and set the rules and regulation on its use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article...rritory_Clause

The Federal government owns and runs a huge amount of the West. Except for Texas, these were all Federal territories before they gained statehood. And unlike earlier states, not a lot of the Federal lands have been sold into private hands.

Last edited by Sphere; April 11, 2014 at 02:52 PM.

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Waco 2.0 imminent: Nevada burger farmer threatens 'range war' against federales

thank you for explaining

nce_wht_guy's Avatar Vicarius

It's BBQ time.

Support Russia!

There's also chatter about Big Oil wanting to rid the land of Bundy, whispering in BLM's ear so they can develop/frack underlying strata for petrochems...but really, at this stage, who the hell knows?

Though it would be richly ironic to watch little libertarian fanboy militiamen, firing potshots and vandalizing the big libertarian corporation assets, given Koch et al underwrite the propaganda that fired them up against Big Gummint in the first place.
    Giving tax breaks to the wealthy, is like giving free dessert coupons to the morbidly obese.

IDIOT BASTARD SON of MAVERICK

Koch brothers! They control EVERYTHING!!!!! Run for your lives!!
    Son of PW

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

I don't think its fair that small farms have to buy feed or use their own land for grazing when these big ranchers can use public land.

Give us Easterners a competitive advantage damn it.

/I have no idea what I'm talking about but it seems like it could be true.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Quote Originally Posted by chamaeleo View Post
    There's also chatter about Big Oil wanting to rid the land of Bundy, whispering in BLM's ear so they can develop/frack underlying strata for petrochems...but really, at this stage, who the hell knows?

Though it would be richly ironic to watch little libertarian fanboy militiamen, firing potshots and vandalizing the big libertarian corporation assets, given Koch et al underwrite the propaganda that fired them up against Big Gummint in the first place.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

YuriVII's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Wace 2.0 imminent: Nevada burger farmer threatens 'range war' against federales

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill View Post
    I find it hard to respect anyone who talks about himself as if he's a modern George Washington.

A revolution over grazing rights seems like a laughable entry in the history books.
    Arab Spring started about a Tunisian peach vendor not being able to get a proper licence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    I don't think its fair that small farms have to buy feed or use their own land for grazing when these big ranchers can use public land.

Give us Easterners a competitive advantage damn it.

/I have no idea what I'm talking about but it seems like it could be true.
    Your land sucks
    Last edited by YuriVII; April 12, 2014 at 12:43 AM.

Default Re: Wace 2.0 imminent: Nevada burger farmer threatens 'range war' against federales

Quote Originally Posted by Euphoric View Post
    Lol. Are there sources that are less credible than ED?

Feds need to send in that dude from New Mexico to lay down the law on Bundy. Make sure to use bean bags after lethal rounds because that was proven to be most effective.
    Once a political decision has been reached to proceed with internal disturbances in Syria, CIA is prepared, and SIS (MI6) will attempt to mount minor sabotage and coup de main [sic] incidents within Syria, working through contacts with individuals. Incidents should not be concentrated in Damascus. [A] necessary degree of fear, [...] frontier incidents and [staged] border clashes [will] provide a pretext for intervention. The CIA and SIS should use [...] capabilities in both psychological and action fields to augment tension. [Funding should be provided for a] Free Syria Committee [and arms should be supplied to] political factions with paramilitary or other actionist capabilities.
    ~ Joint US-UK leaked Intelligence Document, 1957

Indefinitely Banned

BURGER FARMER WINS!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nevada-cattle-rancher-wins-range-war-federal-government/story?id=23302610

Want to have a successful protest? Bring your guns.

nce_wht_guy's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Caduet View Post
    BURGER FARMER WINS!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nevada-cattle-rancher-wins-range-war-federal-government/story?id=23302610

Want to have a successful protest? Bring your guns.
    Absolutely ridiculous! That piece of trash needs pay up or got to prison.
    Support Russia!

"When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

*shrug* The Feds wanted to avoid violence so they let the local sheriff mediate the dispute. I think the IRS will be very interested in his 20 years of unpaid taxes, so this might go to the courts.

Protesting with guns doesn't turn these idiots into patriotic citizens voicing a grievance. It makes them an armed mob. Unfortunately, this might encourage every other militia nutjob.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks

There is a surprisingly lack of real information on the situation beyond a few lines. Without knowing what the fees were, how they were imposed, and how much this really has to do with a tortoise, I'm not sure of who is in the right here. Googling gives me too much recent, partisan, and heavily plagiarized off each other style journalism.

My shameful truth.

Quote Originally Posted by chamaeleo View Post

Libertarian rhetoric has typically always been anti-big business. The self proclaimed "libertarian" Tea Party is more pro-corporate.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Valiant Champion's Avatar Praepositus

to all the pro-government liberals on these forums..... sorry bout ya luck!! This is awesome watching the government bullies marching backwards and letting the cattle go free. You can't argue with the conclusion of the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD61YFxUga4

BETTER PIKES
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...2#post16143112

THE PIKE WARS HAVE BEGUN!

Says the guy who doesn't know any more than any one else.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Filmmaker View Post
    Libertarian rhetoric has typically always been anti-big business. The self proclaimed "libertarian" Tea Party is more pro-corporate.
    I don't see how libertarian is anti big business. Its anti big business tied in with the government.

My shameful truth.

Slydessertfox's Avatar Vicarius

It's $1.36 a cattle to graze on federal land.To graze the rule of thumb tends to be two animals for every five acres.Thus 900 cows need 4,500 acres, or roughly 7 square miles of land. This great patriot so oppressed by the evil government, would be paying a whopping...wait for it, wait for it....$1,224 a year to rent the land the government has set aside for grazing.

Now of course, if Mr. Bundy actually wanted to buy this land, it would cost $45,000,000 (Federal land is usually sold at bare market value, the average price of an acre in Nevada being $1,000 and he's using 4,500 acres). If he wants to own the land so damn bad, then he should cough up the $45,000,000. Or, you know, he could just pay the $1,224 a year to use it.