Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [HS] The Andals are Coming, the Andals are Coming! -Bolton OPEN!

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default [HS] The Andals are Coming, the Andals are Coming! -Bolton OPEN!

The Andals are Coming, the Andals are Coming!

First Men Paul Revere has seen two lanterns on the Hightower of Oldtown, the Andals are Coming by sea he said. Embrace yourself! (yes, I know this is stupid, I just didn't have any other idea for a title)

Admin: Stannis the Mannis Grown unactive, replaced by Luume
    Co-Admin: Luume
    Hotseat leader: Korpskog

Map updates:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Map updates will be updates every 5 turns

Turn 5:

Players and factions:

Lannister: Stannis the Mannis Replaced by Joerock22 on turn 1
    Gardener: Axis Sunsoar
    Stark: Dr. Mac
    Arryn: Uriyaca
    Hoare: Mhaedros Grown unactive on turn 6, subbed by admin. Replaced by turkay98 on turn 7
    Stormkings: Themzr Replaced by Neurion on turn 6
    Mudd: completenoob:(
    Yronwood: SoulGamesInc Replaced by MrNoah on turn 7
    Bolton: Korpskog Replaced by king staniis on turn 6 OPEN
    Martell: Jemdkyl Quit on turn 6, subbed by Yronwood (MrNoah)

Rules:
    1. You have 24 turns to take your turn, if you don't ask for an extension or don't have appointed a personal sub you will be skipped.
    2. It is not allowed to abuse bugs to your or anyones advantage. These are the known bugs:
    • The naval fort bug: No using ships to bypass a fort or a settlements Zone of Control.
    • Spam siege bug: Besieging a fort or a settlement with a force far superior in it, in order to either prevent that army from reinforcing or in order to cut down a settlements income is not allowed.
    • Fort watchtower bug: Constructing watchtowers in order to prevent forting is not allowed. You can construct watchtowers, but you will be asked to replay if it is obvious the reason why the watchtower has been built is to prevent forting
    • Ambush fort bug: No luring men in ambush position into ZoC of forts\settlement's as such robbing them of their movement points.
    • Siege reinforcement bug: when the army is adjacent to a fort or a settlements that has been put under siege it cannot reinforce armies adjacent to him which he should have been able to reinforce on normal occasions. Attacking an army which the siege reinforcements bug applies to is not allowed
    • Navy inside ports attacked bug: no using this bug to attack ships which are inside ports.
    • Garrison disbanding bug: no disbanding a garrison of a settlement to deny your enemy of sacking money
    • Yoyo armies\forts bug: no attacking an army which the bug has been used on mutliple times. You can see when this bug accures, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it:

The bug: a defeated army whom CAN fit a fort, enters it, and then leaves it, making it posssible for the enemy to attack again and again until nothing remains of that army .

What is supposed to happen is the defeated army who can fit the fort, enters it and stays there. Making it impossible for the enemy to attack again and again
    Why it happens: a retreated army, and you can test it yourself, will never retreat to one of an enemy's ZoC squares. Because of this, when this situation happens (example):
    A lannister army is adjacent to a fort. An enemy army (Stark for example) lands on one of the fort's ZoC squares, and then attacks the Lannister army. The lannister army retreats to the nearest safe location, like the AI always does. He attempts to retreat to the fort
    He reaches the fort and enters it. But a problem- the retreating army is adjacent to the Stark's army ZoC square. The Lannister army is forced to leave the fort and pops up beside it. This bug happens only in forts, not in towns\castles

3. You are not allowed to encircle an army, just to deny its retreat.
    4. Destroying buildings is not allowed in these 3 situations:
    1. If the settlement is under siege
    2. A far superior army is one turn away from the settlement. *exception: if it is turn one it is allowed
    3. You have not yet held that settlement for 3 turns *exception: does not apply on turn 1-3 on home regions

5. 4 units per fort
    6. You are not allowed to attack a besieging army just to deny the enemy of sacking the settlement.
    7. You have to VM/PM the next player after you upload your save.
    8. Posting pictures of battle odds, and results is mandatory. You do not have to post the pics if the person you fought against in the battle does not demand pics. All pics must show the attacking and deffending forces. You are advised to delete your finance and minimap
    9. The recruitments of spies\assasins and their use is prohibited
    10. Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies in fortification, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' should be allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort and was defeated by 'b'.
    Addendum to the same rule: no sallying out of a fort\castle which has forces which were defeated last turn. This is to make it fair for those who come last at the turn order, because they will not be able to do this
    11. No sailing from a blockaded port without first defeating the blockade (land or sea units alike).
    12. It is not allowed to accept money or regions from dying/obliterated factions.
    13. It is not allowed use a princess to steal a general, unless there is more then 35% of success. (pics must be posted)
    14. Settlements gifted should disband all units, except for one to keep public order.
    15. One turn peace for everyone *exception: attacking a faction that comes before you in the turn order
    An hostile act who breaks the 1 turn peace rule is one of the following:

• Attacking an army\force of another player
    • Blockading a port
    • Besieging a settlement
    • Marching on lands of a faction you do not have a Military Access agreement with

16. It is illegale to place armies or any kind of land forces (Archers, Infantry, Cavalry) onto ports which are inside ports. This is to prevent players from hiding their men inside the port, where they are untouchable
    17. It is illegale to burn down ports in order to get around rule 11- if your port is blockaded and there are ships inside that port, if you burn down the port the ship is not allowed to move that turn.
    18. In case someone preforms a trick\move which isn't forbidden by the rules that the admin does not like, that action (if it should be allowed or not) goes to a vote and if more then half the players agree then that rule will become valid immediately.
    19. No heroic victories
    20. You are no allowed to sally out and be defeated in the purpose of separating armies- in all other cases this is allowed
    21. Agents of any kind can only be killed if a the player owning that agent had ended his turn with the agent sitting on enemy soil.
    22. The admin's decision's need to be respected. Arguing with the admin is not allowed, and if you refuse to respect the admin's ruling you will be kicked out from the Hotseat
    Last edited by Dr Mac; August 01, 2014 at 11:10 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: [HS] The Andals are Coming, the Andals are Coming!

OK, so we just need an admin and we are good to go! . I hope someone will vulenteer or we might need to knock door to door, hopefully it won't get to that.

By "knock door to door" Uri means threaten to hit people over the head with doors, unless they come admin for us...

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

May the diplomacy begin! I am willing to make deal with everymody who is sick of the honest and honorable Starks of Winterfell!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Wow, Bolton are darn scary here. My first time up north in a KORAH HS. Anybody like to swap? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    May the diplomacy begin! I am willing to make deal with everymody who is sick of the honest and honorable Starks of Winterfell!
    Last edited by Dr Mac; April 10, 2014 at 09:40 PM.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

wat, you leave FOW cause you don't have enough time and start a new hotseat?

Same thing with u too Jem. Leaving WOTR cause you didn't have enough time, but apparently you do LOL.

With the upcoming start of the WTW TAG tournament finals, to free up my schedule a bit more, I will leave this HS.

Good luck to all.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...equried!/page9

I also assume as soon as you lose a battle you'll quit this hotseat too? like you did in FOW??
    Last edited by Arrow2daknee; April 11, 2014 at 03:05 AM.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nah he leaves FoW because he knew I was gonna kick his butt

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

I've not left FoW :S

I know I'm not a part of this hotseat, but I would just like to pop in and say that I confused this one for another one, so...sorry to Korpskog to that mistaken diplomacy offer
    How does killing three hundred men make you a God King?

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints – 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does he get more worms than I do...'" – Dolorous Edd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hi, wow. Firstly, that was 2 months ago. Second thing is that I was planning to finish GOT and then join a KORAH HS as Arryn, but then Korps started recruiting and I was sick of waiting, especially now that you betrayed me and the HS will take much longer

I am sick of people judging me all the time for now good reason

Anyway, King Osgood, King of the Mountains and the Vale, offers all his neighbors and 10 turn NAP and trade agreement

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

King whose-name-I-don't-even-know (that's me), declares war on Yronwood posers and sissies. No mercy will be shown and no quarter will be given.

Time to make Soul quit HSing all together!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by jemdkyl View Post
    King whose-name-I-don't-even-know (that's me), declares war on Yronwood posers and sissies. No mercy will be shown and no quarter will be given.

Time to make Soul quit HSing all together!
    LOL
    Edit: Also, I updated the rules to the KORAH settings, so the construction of siege barracks and the recruitment of siege equipment ARE allowed. They add a great new demension to the game and since everyone can make them then it's not like a single faction has a great advantage over the others.
    Last edited by Uriyaca; April 11, 2014 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jemdkyl View Post
    declares war on Yronwood
    Suit yourself, just try to pay attention and not embarrass yourself like you've done in the TagFinals.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Damn! Shots fired
    I would like to make princesses stealing generals illegal. I feel it is highly unpreventable and not tactically or historically sound

jemdkyl's Avatar Senator

It is preventable, if you know more about the game than you do.

Okay I'll tell.
    Just switch some anchillaries around and voila.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    Damn! Shots fired
    I would like to make princesses stealing generals illegal. I feel it is highly unpreventable and not tactically or historically sound
    I'm tempted to do so tbh. I hate stealing princesses too. I put a precentage on it, but I'm not sure if it's enough. I'll make it entirely illegale if there are more people who agree to this.

I agree with Jem on the matter, as it is preventable and acts as a valid tactic if used correctly...
    A % rule is more than enough to limit it's effects, making it illegal however is a complete waste to me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yes but not every faction gets the ability to use a princess, what about adding this rule in order to balance it? Princesses may be killed if they end their turn in an opposing players territory?

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    Yes but not every faction gets the ability to use a princess, what about adding this rule in order to balance it? Princesses may be killed if they end their turn in an opposing players territory?
    I am in support of this part

I have advocated for that since long before I left.

As to the rule of princess stealing, it should be allowed if there is a certain percentage (I don't remember if 35% is common or not).

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast