Thread: The Mythic Units - Crone

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

Default The Mythic Units - Crone

Here's a post from the dev forum. Crones were seemingly unable to be made, but they're in and stable, able to fire huge bursts of magic and trample units. The true power level is a lot of testing later, but it's cool you'll see them nastily...

They're a Naugiri unit. With a load of other animation sets, the more powerful and unique units are starting to become possible despite initial (and sad) lack of methods available. Without magic, they're no good anyway, so this is cool.

-------------

Here y'are...my god this took some doing...so many broken files, mess ups, all sorts, to bring this wonderful video set of my mother in law.

First is them in action, and focuses almost entirely on them.

Second video is their attack. I want to do a new model for their ammo, and will do. Also will speed up the flight of their attacks...faster missiles.

THING on the crones....I NEVER thought we'd manage to get Crones in the mod, but I love them. I'll show two bits of text; the first is the way these avatars have changed since reaching the surface; second is their magic.

Crones came from the deeps. As with the Avatars of the overcrust, Crones are given a demesne to care for. In their demesne are many things, living and inert. When some of the best masons talk of 'living rock' they are correct. Rock does live, and Crones are the caretakers of whole underground vistas. In their kingdoms, they have the creatures that swarm in the dark, or cower under the light of volcanic activity. They grow rock as if it were flesh, and they sculpt their lands - for defence and for growth and health, they tend their lands. Where a forest Avatar may cut weeds, trim branches, the Crones do so with rock. They are able to coalesce the darkness into weapons, their Ley abilities sending massive strikes against the predators they find, or the Infected that sometimes burst into Reality. The Undercrust is more 'open' to damage, open to rot and withering, and the Crones match this risk with enormous power. They seem to be flesh-like, but their bodies are made of rock, sculpted by unseen means into a vague humanoid mass, savage, bitter faces turning to a task that is thankless and vital. Under the earth there is no room for pity, no need for remorse, and this has come to the surface, where is much need for both. The Crones are highly dangerous to any who face them, obliterators of Infection or Parasite.

----------

On magic and their look.

'Where there was rock, there is little, so the Crones have petrified areas, leaking a chemical magic that turns all to stone, which they then build their bodies from. Here, they stand still to summon their powers. Like statues, they stand, then erupt with massive displays of power, arcing waves of blackened air hammering into the enemies that may have wondered who built these viles parodies of nature; which insane sculptor felt the need for such ugliness. Sadly, they may well never have another thought. SHould you survive the waves of power, next you would see a forty foot tall mass of terror bearing down upon you, and the bludgeoning power they possess would end anything else your mind have offered under safer circumstance.

It is little wonder that the Wardens of Duinir fell before these creatures, for they ape dead matter and have taken living vegetation to turn to stone, worn like a shroud. The confusion they must have wrought in the first days is unparalleled.

-------------

Watch all of the second video no matter what!
    Last edited by Squeaks; April 10, 2014 at 04:01 AM.

Default Re: The Mythic Units - Crone

Actually put the videos in this time...

Sol_Man's Avatar Laetus

Terrifying monstrosities, those crones. I wonder how the elvish magics compare to these? The models are great, and I love the lore for these creatures. Great job once again! Glad you got these into the game!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

extremely interesting and different! great job!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_Man View Post
    Terrifying monstrosities, those crones. I wonder how the elvish magics compare to these? The models are great, and I love the lore for these creatures. Great job once again! Glad you got these into the game!
    Thank you. I will reply to you when I have the uhm to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    extremely interesting and different! great job!!
    There's tons of things that have opened up, as we have finally got our animations sorted on this. Luckily (for me) most wouldn't be in the minimod anyway....