Thread: Beginner's Guide?

Default Beginner's Guide?

Hi

Is there any bigginer's guide for this mod?
    Like,basic guide for strategy/tactic/economy system/units.....it would be very helpful.
    I'm kinda new to medieval 2. Should I check guide for Medieval 2 vanilla?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Beginner's Guide?

You could potentially play a few custom battles and then play as one of the bigger nations on easy to get a handle on the economy, than again, we all learn differently.

Default Re: Beginner's Guide?

Its pretty much the same except it focuses on Britannia, Scandinavia and northern Francia region.

Each faction you play as will require a slightly altered strategy since some start with a strong income and can summon standing armies up immediately while others need to build up their economic infrastructure before being able conquer their desired territory. I personally like building up my economy (roads and ports essentially) before building and upgrading muster halls (which requires a black smith building to upgrade). The more income you have, the more stuff you can build and the more troops you can muster while eluding the possibility of bankruptcy. Also keep in mind if you're playing as the Irish, Scottish, Saxons or Gwynedd your cities will be raided by Vikings and you should try to have an army ready to intercept them. The Franks also get paid a visit by a special faction but I won't go into that since I personally never played as the Franks and as such lack knowledge of that event.