Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Work to continue on Titanium!

Default Re: Work to continue on Titanium!

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Pretty sure that is a Sassanid cavalry man. In regards to the horse armor, I liked some of the barded horses in Broken crescent and I'm pretty sure one of them was barded in the front only, could be wrong. You present some good Ideas CeRo but game limitations and balance issues makes things very difficult so sacrifices are made, in any mod.
    Rioters are gun skirmishers med-heavy lancers, use same values , but less ranged dmg, range is ok.
    -Attack +10 (Proyectile +10)
    -Defense +15
    -Charge +5

Sassanid's Dmg and defense to +8 ,charge +10 proyectile +4

Since they came from what now is Iran maybe only mid-east empires + Crusader States can access them as mercs or at high lvl archer building.Unique mercs like gun elephants makes battles exciting (at least in MTW2).

People will sail the seas to conquer (or not) the lands around the ''recruitment area''. If they worth it. Thats why we need also to make random specific spots in the battlemap to requit the excepcional merc units (maybe the retrain option for elite mercs can be like 1-6 turns to retrain but...)

And maybe Tumurid faction can be abled to command?

Never tested B.C mod. good?

We even can take advantage of ''merc hunting'' and create Merc Guild Quests *DING*1000gold +2 units of ''X'' mercenary unit in the capital, because the guild is very pleased.Please them more and they give armored versions of same mercs with exp! omfg!... Type of Building and that stuff for later(-sacrifice the gallow and change to ''X'' named Mercenary Guild for 3.5k) +5% Tax Income (cuz maybe that building must be made at cities not castles) and units Re-trained there gain Exp & Weapon upgrade 4 free!... maybe the upgraded version of same building/guild 6k gold. So to get the weapons you go to the city and the armor to the castle fair no??

To recruit Mercs in all the battlemap Generals can now build ''Mercenary Expedition Forts'' for Ex:-5k gold with ''X'' trait, follower,agent,etc. They are ''neutral'' forts that can be build (+gives line of sight +''X''% chance to spawn skilled spy,diplomat or merchant) in any territory with no diplomatical issue (maybe creating a new diplomatical request on diplomacy menu to negotiate some turns to contruct ''Merc Forts'' for 3000 gold (Amout of gold increases on quality of mercs also the amout turns) If you get attacked map loads wooden fort . But with ''X'' trait General,follower,agent,etc gives Upgraded defense Fort. +possible chance to upgrade armor too by retrain...maybe.////Upgraded M.Fort lvl2 for ''X'' $$$////

Quote Originally Posted by CeRo View Post
    To recruit Mercs in all the battlemap Generals can now build ''Mercenary Expedition Forts'' for Ex:-5k gold with ''X'' trait, follower,agent,etc. They are ''neutral'' forts that can be build (+gives line of sight +''X''% chance to spawn skilled spy,diplomat or merchant) in any territory with no diplomatical issue (maybe creating a new diplomatical request on diplomacy menu to negotiate some turns to contruct ''Merc Forts'' for 3000 gold (Amout of gold increases on quality of mercs also the amout turns) If you get attacked map loads wooden fort . But with ''X'' trait General,follower,agent,etc gives Upgraded defense Fort. +possible chance to upgrade armor too by retrain...maybe.////Upgraded M.Fort lvl2 for ''X'' $$$////
    my filthy grammar.

srry, I'm not able to toggle english dictionary ON to correct my fails.

Sassanids were no longer around during the period of the mod sadly, though I think this cavalrymen is closer to the period in question:
    http://s49.radikal.ru/i124/0911/28/80eae3d4e2bb.jpg

As for the rest of what you wrote, I don't really understand what you are trying to say . Are you talking about mercenary specific buildings?

As for broken crescent, it's alright, but it crashes a lot.
    Last edited by b257; July 05, 2014 at 11:48 PM.

Even a more succulent idea...
    The''X Mercenary Company Guild'' gives the chance to recruit the mercenary units from all places your influence has reached. So that means that if I have a ''Mercenary Fort'' OR conquered region,I can recruit a specific type of unit lets say the British longbowmen even from the comfort of my faction capital Ex: -Barcelona. With some fair amount of turns lets say +6 turns to get unit from place of origin , get a F* boat and bring him where is it required. Plus with all the buffs that building gives (previously explained) with upgrades, traits, etc.

Plus i think we can add some buffs on the Assasin guilds with agents.
    Ex:- Retrain princess to give the assassination perk (acts like assassin, more hearts +% chance to assassinate designated target.
    -Same thing with Merchants , also they can be ''evil'' buffed in Merchant Guild to harass the enemy regions. Ex: Start to trade with ''X'' type of merchandise of certain enemy region to -''X''% food produced by enemy farms per turn. Reduces to -2/-3 siege turns...maybe...this helps for siege a lot ofc.

Sassanids were no longer around during the period of the mod sadly, though I think this cavalrymen is closer to the period in question:
    http://s49.radikal.ru/i124/0911/28/80eae3d4e2bb.jpg

As for the rest of what you wrote, I don't really understand what you are trying to say . Are you talking about mercenary specific buildings?

As for broken crescent, it's alright, but it crashes a lot.
    Sad to know,

Yes by event request for building, Ex:- In game you get request to build the Theologist Guild for 1000 gold.
    Or by constructing a building. Ex:- the Public Gallows 475Gold are newly added so using that one can be ok just change the image of building and traits , noone needs that +%pub order -%religious conversion.

You present some good Ideas CeRo but game limitations and balance issues makes things very difficult so sacrifices are made, in any mod.
    ^This^RE

Many of these things are simply impossible mainly because of hardcoded stuff, I invite you to explore a bit the workshop section of M2TW subforum here in TWcenter, there you can gather a better idea of what can or can't be done in M2:K

We have yet to see what will be possible with memory editing but I doubt it will be like a Holy Grail of M2 modding.

Playable Timurids could be possibility in later version of Titanium when a Late Era/Renaissance Campaign is included...but for the time being, we will be focusing in the Early Era exclusively, so that means no mongols, no timurids, no teutonic order faction and much less gunpowder units and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Many of these things are simply impossible mainly because of hardcoded stuff, I invite you to explore a bit the workshop section of M2TW subforum here in TWcenter, there you can gather a better idea of what can or can't be done in M2:K
    You are telling me that there is not even one chance to make them?, so no building,no traits no nothing? Hardcoded...Limitations????

So dissapointed...

One can make new buildings, new units and new traits but making them work like you're describing is pretty much impossible, maybe some of your ideas could perhaps be achieved through some smart scripting but then that probably would have too much impact on turns time :/

How are things coming along? Dieing to play M2 again but i can't in just normal vanilla SS 6.4 form, gets a little dull.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Coming along slowly but still coming along. Waiting for 1 of our team members to finish his part and we can then begin combining things to put a release out.

This is great !

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    Coming along slowly but still coming along. Waiting for 1 of our team members to finish his part and we can then begin combining things to put a release out.
    I really appreciate the work you guys are doing! Props! One quick question: will Titanium fix the "silver surfer" bug with a few particular units? I am playing a Lithuania campaign and have noticed some captains are silver surfers and I know that Transylvanian peasants with armor upgrades also turn into silver units.

Thanks!

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    I really appreciate the work you guys are doing! Props! One quick question: will Titanium fix the "silver surfer" bug with a few particular units? I am playing a Lithuania campaign and have noticed some captains are silver surfers and I know that Transylvanian peasants with armor upgrades also turn into silver units.

Thanks!
    Are you playing Stainless Steel?

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Are you playing Stainless Steel?
    A common bug in SS 6.4 sometimes caused units to spawn on the battlefield with no texture, looking like men of silver
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

Quote Originally Posted by ╬Ritterbruder╬ View Post
    A common bug in SS 6.4 sometimes caused units to spawn on the battlefield with no texture, looking like men of silver
    That is only a problem because the proper texture hasnt been assigned to the unit. This will of course be fixed with the new units.

Just wanted to give an update to you guys. I know I havent been on here too much lately, between finding out my wife is pregnant with our first, buying her a new car, buying a house, working over 55 hours a week and having other family emergencies it can get pretty hectic. I have not given up on this. Melooo and the other members have been doing quite a bit of work still. I promise this will still get released. Hopefully soon.

Congrats on the First Kid , if you need time off then take it dude, first kids are always a handful.