Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Work to continue on Titanium!

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Work to continue on Titanium!

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    Shankbot's Unofficial Guide for New Members -

There's alot of good "how to" information in here. Hope it helps...
    Wow havent seen that before. Wish that was around when I was new... had to learn all that the hard way....

+ rep That should be linked somewhere on the main SS page.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    Shankbot's Unofficial Guide for New Members -

There's alot of good "how to" information in here. Hope it helps...
    Indeed it helped!

+rep even if you don't need it.

I can also help to take some screenshots for the loading screens. The SS ones are... some of them kinda bad......and the ''images'' from random artists...are....GOOD but kinda un-epic IMO.
    It could be nice for TITANIUM if they display real IN_GAME screenshots in loading screens. With the name of the one who made it on a small corner of that image. So people that test/play the game they will actually see how many ''random'' gamers helped with this project.
    I can post some SS in_game screenshots if you ppl are interested. Even if you are not, I will send... Just to show if im good enough...to deserve a spot on the loading screens.

When there is a chance to AMBUSH anything it comes by our sneaky forest spots you have ''time'' to prepare NO? I was wondering if there is a chance to make an army (IMO better if controlled by general) to deploy stakes, ''barricades'' (if possible too), even fixed temporal seige engines like for example:-balistas .

I don't think the deploy stake command to be hard to mod. Just give that ability to infantry aswell. ONLY in ambush... just a random idea.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CeRo View Post
    I can also help to take some screenshots for the loading screens. The SS ones are... some of them kinda bad......and the ''images'' from random artists...are....GOOD but kinda un-epic IMO.
    It could be nice for TITANIUM if they display real IN_GAME screenshots in loading screens. With the name of the one who made it on a small corner of that image. So people that test/play the game they will actually see how many ''random'' gamers helped with this project.
    I can post some SS in_game screenshots if you ppl are interested. Even if you are not, I will send... Just to show if im good enough...to deserve a spot on the loading screens.

When there is a chance to AMBUSH anything it comes by our sneaky forest spots you have ''time'' to prepare NO? I was wondering if there is a chance to make an army (IMO better if controlled by general) to deploy stakes, ''barricades'' (if possible too), even fixed temporal seige engines like for example:-balistas .

I don't think the deploy stake command to be hard to mod. Just give that ability to infantry aswell. ONLY in ambush... just a random idea.

Thank you.
    Dont worry we will have a release soon that you can take screenshots of for Titanium for loading screens.

Not possible to edit stake ability but you can give it to any infantry unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    Dont worry we will have a release soon that you can take screenshots of for Titanium for loading screens.

Not possible to edit stake ability but you can give it to any infantry unit.
    ok.

The local spearman militia trained in castles are underpowered. Even with maxed armor they suck, no compact formation, I guess it should be ok to give them chance to deploy stakes when commanded with ''X'' trait General, Assasin,Follower,Priest...etc.

Maybe a Guild, or ''X'' type of building. Ex: -veteran militia training grounds -3k gold- Units trained here gain deploy stakes ability, +5% Public order,mining etc... bla bla bla

Try to please consider this idea.

ty

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

The local spearman militia trained in castles are underpowered. Even with maxed armor they suck, no compact formation, I guess it should be ok to give them chance to deploy stakes when commanded with ''X'' trait General, Assasin,Follower,Priest...etc.

Maybe a Guild, or ''X'' type of building. Ex: -veteran militia training grounds -3k gold- Units trained here gain deploy stakes ability, +5% Public order,mining etc... bla bla bla

Try to please consider this idea.

ty
    I had no idea that units may "gain" an ability based on experience or training or an experienced general.
    Are you sure this can happen?

close shield formation + deploy stakes (if possible).You may can upgrade the ''X''building or guild*in the next castle level (lvl 3)

(in the case of guild maybe only unlocking lvl 3 castle you can recieve the request for the guild-upgrade at ''X'' amount of gold.)

The lvl2 guild/building. gives for Ex:- +3 exp bars and ONLY spearman units recieve WEAPON upgrade +possible to change unit picture card for one more ''badass''.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

close shield formation + deploy stakes (if possible).You may can upgrade the ''X''building or guild*in the next castle level (lvl 3)

(in the case of guild maybe only unlocking lvl 3 castle you can recieve the request for the guild-upgrade at ''X'' amount of gold.)

The lvl2 guild/building. gives for Ex:- +3 exp bars and ONLY spearman units recieve WEAPON upgrade +possible to change unit picture card for one more ''badass''.
    I still have never encountered this.
    Do you know the text files where this is scripted or how?
    Does anyone?

When you say "close shield formation" do you mean the Shield Wall?
    Which guild are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    I still have never encountered this.
    Do you know the text files where this is scripted or how?
    Does anyone?

When you say "close shield formation" do you mean the Shield Wall?
    Which guild are you referring to?
    Yes, sorry the Shield Wall. ///this skill is NOT able in vanilla version///
    The guild I am talking of it doesen't exist, I just try to give some ''ideas''. I don't think creating guilds could be difficult just a ''X'' random guild/building more like, for Ex: -Knights of Montesa Minor Chapter House, Horse Breeder guild,Swordsmith guild etc, etc.

Yes, sorry the Shield Wall. ///this skill is NOT able in vanilla version///
    The guild I am talking of it doesen't exist, I just try to give some ''ideas''. I don't think creating guilds could be difficult just a ''X'' random guild/building more like, for Ex: -Knights of Montesa Minor Chapter House, Horse Breeder guild,Swordsmith guild etc, etc.
    "shield_wall" is a formation that the unit may assume. It can be set in the EDU file.
    Deployment of stakes is an attribute also to be set in the EDU file.
    If a unit has those abilities it has them regardless of experience or general stars unless you have witnessed otherwise. I haven't.
    So, if a 0 chevron unit doesn't have the "stakes" attribute or the "Shield_Wall" formation ability when it is recruited it cannot have them later.
    Only the EDU file regulates those.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    "shield_wall" is a formation that the unit may assume. It can be set in the EDU file.
    Deployment of stakes is an attribute also to be set in the EDU file.
    If a unit has those abilities it has them regardless of experience or general stars unless you have witnessed otherwise. I haven't.
    So, if a 0 chevron unit doesn't have the "stakes" attribute or the "Shield_Wall" formation ability when it is recruited it cannot have them later.
    Only the EDU file regulates those.
    Thoose are bad bad news...

Then maybe instead of upgrade them on the ''X guild'' , the building makes local spear militia turn into advanced spear militia, with shield wall and stakes.

When you only have 500 slots for unit types, cloning a unit so it has an advanced version is kinda a high price for a questionable gain.

I don't see why spearmen should'nt have shieldwall from the start, and maybe those useless levies, both peasants and archers could have the stake placement ability...honestly I never quite understood why such low tech feature was exclusive to english longbowmen...

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    ...I never quite understood why such low tech feature was exclusive to english longbowmen...
    Because only them have been chronicled to use stakes (100 years war).
    About the shield wall, I believe it would require significant drilling for a soldier to perform as intended in that formation, schiltrom on the other hand can be performed with less training, though I am just speculating.
    I would have the first tier of drilled spearmen with the ability to assume schiltrom formation and the more thoroughly drilled ones with the shield wall.
    Personally I have not observed significant improvement of defensive abilities of spearmen (in shield wall) vs swordsmen or other spearmen. It seems it is a specialized anti-cavalry formation.
    I believe I have seen schiltrom improve the durability of spearmen versus all melee opponents.

As of right now I am planning on having the unit roster similar to this, names are not going to be exact, just using these as an example.

-spear militia-heavy spearmen-dismounted lancers-maybe dismounted heavy lancers

spear militia would be just regular light spearmen
    heavy spearmen would be like dismounted sergeants with spears
    dismounted lancers would be dismounted knights with lances
    dismounted heavy lancers would be later version of knight with lances but heavier armor

That way we dont waste unit slots by having copies of the same unit for the same faction with very little changes.

Also I am not a fan of the stakes ability. It is broken and the AI doesnt know how to use it or defend against it. Spearwall or shieldwall on the other hand I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Andytheplatypus View Post
    Also I am not a fan of the stakes ability. It is broken and the AI doesnt know how to use it or defend against it. Spearwall or shieldwall on the other hand I like.
    The AI plays well aggainst the stakes, cavalary is forced to NOT charge the enemy, so they enter slowly (maybe fix the AI to NOT charge-engage only walk 33% chance to do it -with general increases chance 50%, General Bodyguard enemy unit 100%) if possible.

Using javelin riders/footmen could be an easy way to clear out the light spearman stake fields(shield_wall works on the stake field). (cavalary skirmish mode ON unless you want them get raped in stakes ofc)
    btw, I have to say it could be nice to improve at least, at the cost lets say of ''less moral'' the amount of javelins per unit +70% . Or slow regen ammo*...dunno. So underated unit > so good killing performance.

Also more ammo for all types of NON riding archers.Plus the mercenaries, they can play a more important role in game...maybe just fixing/buffing the actual ones(the skins,etc later)

ty

I think the ammo for the javelin units is already high enough. I recruit as many as possible myself and like you said they have excellent killing performance, a javelin unit can take down a Bodyguard unit quite easily with a militia spearman unit supporting, and are already dominant in sieges where archers have limited fields of fire and units are compact. The mounted versions are practically battlefield hit-men, fast and easy to get behind an enemy Bodyguard where their missiles will 75% of the time kill the general. The only downside to the units is their limited ammo, but that still leaves you with either light infantry that you can then use to outflank the now battered enemy infantry, or light cavalry to chase down archers or charge flanks of wavering infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Deteriorate View Post
    I think the ammo for the javelin units is already high enough. I recruit as many as possible myself and like you said they have excellent killing performance, a javelin unit can take down a Bodyguard unit quite easily with a militia spearman unit supporting, and are already dominant in sieges where archers have limited fields of fire and units are compact. The mounted versions are practically battlefield hit-men, fast and easy to get behind an enemy Bodyguard where their missiles will 75% of the time kill the general. The only downside to the units is their limited ammo, but that still leaves you with either light infantry that you can then use to outflank the now battered enemy infantry, or light cavalry to chase down archers or charge flanks of wavering infantry.
    I second that.
    Especially if you are playing the Rhomaioi you get to use the Acritae, mounted and foot, both of them decent fighters, like German pocket battleships:
    faster than anything stronger and stronger than anything faster.
    Because of their speed you can use them to locally outnumber the adversary once they have used up all their missiles. They are the more likely candidates to gain experience "promotions".

I liked more the ''old'' armor for the horses Ex: Bizantine Bodyguard Unit from the vanilla also the ''catafractos'' MTW2Crusades.

I really like this one , for example. Its more ''realistic'' the rear of the horse must be very light so the beast can travel fast and be more resistant to fatigue and the rider (+gear weight). Giving possibility to make them excelent harassers with short bows...

I will hardly try to learn to edit ''the humanoids + horse'' to edit their shape...but can't really know how many hours I will take to ''reach'' that skill to edit. If posible even to edit the lance to give him a light long spear.
    The initial ''sprite'' model to edit should be the cataphract unit from MTW2Crusaders from there to the top...imo

Moderate charge dmg +10
    Less armor value -3
    give ranged ability +4 dmg...etc

Maybe''new'' good merc??

Pretty sure that is a Sassanid cavalry man. In regards to the horse armor, I liked some of the barded horses in Broken crescent and I'm pretty sure one of them was barded in the front only, could be wrong. You present some good Ideas CeRo but game limitations and balance issues makes things very difficult so sacrifices are made, in any mod.