Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This one could hit Total War fans of the multiplayer scene hard. Gamespy closes soon.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: This one could hit Total War fans of the multiplayer scene hard. Gamespy closes soon.

Sorry for the newbe question (as a casual gamer who almost only plays TW I'm not quite knowledgeable to the multiplayer thing) , but does it mean that you can play on steam with a non-steam version of the game ? Or do you have to use your non-steam game version's activation code to download a steam version in order to play on steam ?
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: This one could hit Total War fans of the multiplayer scene hard. Gamespy closes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    Sorry for the newbe question (as a casual gamer who almost only plays TW I'm not quite knowledgeable to the multiplayer thing) , but does it mean that you can play on steam with a non-steam version of the game ? Or do you have to use your non-steam game version's activation code to download a steam version in order to play on steam ?
    CA made it possible for everyone to register the CD-Keys they have at Steam - In Steam goto> Add new Game as if you would like to add a Steam Key, instead enter your Retail CD Key of Rome 1 or Medieval etc.
    Retail CD Keys are all keys / CDs that you have bought outside Steam e.g. TW Eras Collection, Rome 1 Retail, MTW 2 Retail.

If you do not have a Steam version in your library you can register the retail key INSTEAD buying the game again via the Steam store.
    Questions left?
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12