Thread: Slingers

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Default Slingers

How can I implement slingshots from RTW in M2?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Default Re: Slingers

Look at RTW's and M2's descr_skeleton. Get unpacked animations. Create M2 descr_skeleton entry for RTW slinger animations. Build animation packs. Create battle_models entry for slinger mesh, textures and anims. Create descr_projectiles entry for the projectile. Create export_descr_units entry for the unit using this battle_model and projectile. Test.
    Last edited by Taiji; April 09, 2014 at 01:52 PM.

How can I build animation packs? I have unpacked anims in my mod folder, I made entries in descr_skeleton, added "[util]no_animdb = true" in mod's cfg, and I have no .dat and .idx files in animations folder. Game launches normally, packs are not created.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Rename your vanilla animations folder before you rebuild.

You mean Medieval2/data/animations?
    It is causing crash: [error] Script Error in mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_skeleton.txt, at line 61, column 115AnimDB: Could not load - 'data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS'
    17:15:08.484 [data.invalid] [fatal] Animation database failed to load!

I must add entry "[util]no_animdb = true" in mod or vanilla .cfg file?

I'm trying to implement Banzai's animations pack, and I'm following his instructions:

1. Copy-paste the animations/animations/ folder contents into your M2TW animations folder.

2. Copy-paste the animations/descr_skeletons.txt contents into your mod folder.

3. Check you have:

[util]
    no_animdb= true
    setin your preferences.
    4. Delete /animations/pack.idx, pack.dat, skeletons.idx, skeletons.dat for the animations to rebuild on next game startup

5. You can begin using the animations now (do so by changing the battle_models unit skeleton entries as needed)

I have no .idx and .dat files in my mod folder, and when I delete the ones from vanilla anims folder, I have the same crash as above.
    Last edited by Hellvard; April 23, 2014 at 10:23 AM.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

I'm sure I didn't do it like that but it's been like 3 years or so... hehe

1) You've already done the .cfg side of things.

2) So it's just stick the animations in your mod's 'animations' folder (make one if it isn't there).

3) And I already mentioned you need to rename vanilla's animations folder so that the game can't find them - To force the game to rebuild using the files in your mods animations folder.

I think that should do it.

I have no idea why, but it's still not working.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

I missed the question before:

[utils]
    noanimdb=true

Stick it at the bottom of your mod's .cfg.

By the way:

It is causing crash: [error] Script Error in mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_skeleton.txt, at line 61, column 115AnimDB: Could not load - 'data/animations/test_weapon/sword_1_primary_0.CAS'
    17:15:08.484 [data.invalid] [fatal] Animation database failed to load!

That just says it can't find that file in that folder. So make sure you have unpacked the files into your mod's animations folder correctly (find that file and confirm it is there).
    Last edited by Taiji; April 24, 2014 at 12:58 PM.

I changed my cfg, but there s another error:
    Script Error in mods/Bare_Geomod/data/descr_skeleton.txt, at line 1779, column 150AnimDB: Could not load - 'data/animations/MTW2_2H_Axe/MTW2_2H_Axe_attack_centre_mid_c_slashlr_fatality.cas'
    21:28:41.750 [data.invalid] [fatal] Animation database failed to load!

I have vanilla anims and the ones from banzai's in my mod folder, how this file can be missing?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Is MTW2_2H_Axe_attack_centre_mid_c_slashlr_fatality.cas in your mod's data/animations/MTW2_2H_Axe/ folder?

If it's somewhere else then open descr_skeleton, go to the line 1779, and comment out (';' at start of line) everything in the affected entry.

You can fix it later if you can find or substitute the missing files - Get the animation packs built first so you know how to do it.

1779 lines is progress - You're nearly there.
    Last edited by Taiji; April 24, 2014 at 03:45 PM.

After commenting out I get next error, then another, and so on. I searched for this "MTW2_2H_Axe_attack_centre_mid_c_slashlr_fatality" and it can't be found anywhere, not in vanilla, nor in banzai's anims pack.