Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IMPERIAL SPLENDOUR v2.0 [Download & Installation] {{{ v.2.2.1b}}}

Rosbjerg's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: IMPERIAL SPLENDOUR v2.0 [Download & Installation] {{{ v.2.2.1b}}}

FYI, chrome is blocking Gamefront at the moment and when trying to download the first patch via Mega I'm asked for a decryption key. Using explorer works for downloading through Gamefront, just wanted everyone to know

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Asked for a decryption key on the mega link, any idea why?

Mega uploads upgraded their system which changed the way files can be assessed. I was able to assess the files and update the link. Hopefully it will work. I also made improvements to the page.
    Please let me know if you experiences any other issues with the download and welcome to Imperial Splendour! Please be sure to share your experiences with the community. We love to hear the positive comments, but we especially love to hear where we need to improve!

1. The Megaupload links for the latest patch still asks for a key.
    2. When I extracted the IS_2.2.1b_Patch_2 file from ModDB, I got a .pack file named "Imperial Splendour 2_2 DB" instead of two folders.
    3. The GameFront file keeps stalling out, but my Internet connection currently is being finnicky, so I haven't been able to see if that file works.

Ok, I will look into it.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by candiedwhiskey View Post
    1. The Megaupload links for the latest patch still asks for a key.
    2. When I extracted the IS_2.2.1b_Patch_2 file from ModDB, I got a .pack file named "Imperial Splendour 2_2 DB" instead of two folders.
    3. The GameFront file keeps stalling out, but my Internet connection currently is being finnicky, so I haven't been able to see if that file works.
    Welcome to TWC

To 2. Yes the Patch contains only this file which you have to copy manually in the folder where your other IS files are and you need to overwrite the existing file.
    The path to the folders where you find the IS-Files is displayed on this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ation-v-2-2-1b (Step 3)
    Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; February 27, 2016 at 08:53 AM.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Ok, I created a new Mega Upload link for the patch.

Hello already one thank you for this mod which I have just discovered and which(who) is really cool. Just a question I have a problem of throw I check box well accommodate them the problem these only I as soon as I throw(launch) the game(set,play) in campaign(countryside) the game(set,play) been born this lance not. While when I throw(launch) the throw of imperial to splendour its walking(step), but I just have the foreword of the units in more is I have no music of battalion of big exact armies .Pouvais use please thank you is good game(set,play). Sorry for my English I am French.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi,

Thought i'd give modding Empire a try after so many years, wish it had it's own Steam Workshop Page.

I've followed the installation instructions to a fine T.. I get a pop up screen for Imperial Splendour I start game and it loads up, no problems.

But I feel something isn't right about the game?
    It looks too vanilla, apart from the Campaign Map Advisor and the British King's character card, everything else looks vanilla down to the unit roster.
    I though IS had it's own custom made unit roster.. Or is that coming in 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by 2-D Ron View Post
    Hi,

Thought i'd give modding Empire a try after so many years, wish it had it's own Steam Workshop Page.

I've followed the installation instructions to a fine T.. I get a pop up screen for Imperial Splendour I start game and it loads up, no problems.

But I feel something isn't right about the game?
    It looks too vanilla, apart from the Campaign Map Advisor and the British King's character card, everything else looks vanilla down to the unit roster.
    I though IS had it's own custom made unit roster.. Or is that coming in 3.0?
    Personally, i am not fond of the workshop on steam. In any event, large mods cannot reasonably use steam unless it is broken up into parts. Anyway

You are correct that all faction will be completed for version 3.0. We are currently 2.1.1b In development. (France and Great Britain being mostly done). However, there are some factions with additional changes, like United Provinces. Additionally, we are currently working on the late units. The mod is called Rise of the Republic. There are more factions with mostly completed unit list. BTW, we are working on more than just the units; we are also working to have unique tech tree, building chains, and other unique features for each faction.

We are working on an update for Rise of the Republic which we hope can be release in the near future. The team is currently in a respite. For the amount of work that needs to be done, we are an incredibly small team. We are in a constant need for 3d and 2d artists and historical researchers, especially when it comes to developing unique tech and building chains.

I hope this help answer your question.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Personally, i am not fond of the workshop on steam. In any event, large mods cannot reasonably use steam unless it is broken up into parts. Anyway

You are correct that all faction will be completed for version 3.0. We are currently 2.1.1b In development. (France and Great Britain being mostly done). However, there are some factions with additional changes, like United Provinces. Additionally, we are currently working on the late units. The mod is called Rise of the Republic. There are more factions with mostly completed unit list. BTW, we are working on more than just the units; we are also working to have unique tech tree, building chains, and other unique features for each faction.

We are working on an update for Rise of the Republic which we hope can be release in the near future. The team is currently in a respite. For the amount of work that needs to be done, we are an incredibly small team. We are in a constant need for 3d and 2d artists and historical researchers, especially when it comes to developing unique tech and building chains.

I hope this help answer your question.

Ah so I installed it right then cause i'm sure the last time I played IS 1.0 probably, Britain had new reskinned units to it?
    Just checking i'll give 2.1.1.b a go then.

I'm gonna try this, looks awesome.

Hello,

Is it possible to play IS with vanilla music? I miss European guitars and monk chanting. Personally i suggest not using "highlights" like Requiem or Vivaldi's Gloria, since they are too dramatic and emotional, they stand out too much. Darthmod made the same mistake but in that mod you could disable it.

Ok, if I install the launcher that means everything is included or do I have to more the patch in manually? Also, for installing the launcher do I just point to the Empire Total War folder or do I need to point it to the data folder?
    Looking forward to trying out your mod!
    Thanks for all your hard work!

Yes. Everything is included. IS has installation has one of the most straight forward installs of all the mods. Empire Realism being the exception.

Rosbjerg's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by drakkarz View Post
    Hi everyone, I got an error here.. after I follow (correctly, I'd say) the instructions, the error "Application load error 5:0000065434" appears, I have no idea about what this is, hope you can figure it out..
    I'd really like playing your mod, it looks amazing =)
    thanks in advance for anyone who'll help me out with this.
    For anyone experiencing this - it's a problem with the launcher authority in newer windows. The solution is to leave the error and then launch the game from steam, with the error message still there. Seems weird, but it works
    Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/10500...0315718031645/

SimonB1er's Avatar Semisalis

Is there a thread where I can find infos on what is acually in the latest version of the mod grand campain?

Last edited by SimonB1er; November 23, 2016 at 11:26 AM.

No, there isn't one. I guess we will have to include this someone.

Vaessili's Avatar Foederatus

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your amazing work.

I'm playing on mac, tho, I was eager to try your mod, so I use winebotlle to run the .exe, install IS in a folder, download and copy/past/overwrite the patch into the IS's data folder.

Then, I copy/past into the IS data folder into the vanilla ETW, then, I add the userscript.txt into the script folder.

I launch the game, It worked, I get to the menu, launch a skirmish battle and I get that :

What I've done wrong?

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Vaessili View Post
    Hi,

First of all, thanks for your amazing work.

I'm playing on mac, tho, I was eager to try your mod, so I use winebotlle to run the .exe, install IS in a folder, download and copy/past/overwrite the patch into the IS's data folder.

Then, I copy/past into the IS data folder into the vanilla ETW, then, I add the userscript.txt into the script folder.

I launch the game, It worked, I get to the menu, launch a skirmish battle and I get that :

What I've done wrong?
    You should remove all units which are already in the rooster before starting a costume campaign.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast