Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Space Combat

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Best Space Combat

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Distant Worlds Universe is coming out in a few hours on Steam.
    What? WHAT!?!?!?

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

I only just found out myself.

it's still going to be at a fairly hefty price though
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    I only just found out myself.

it's still going to be at a fairly hefty price though
    Only $50, and thats if you buy it from steam. (Which you don't, because Russians and trading exist for a reason.)

Quote Originally Posted by prithupaul View Post
    Recently I read about Mandate (the kickstarter space strategy/rpg project) and in rekindled by space combat itch. So I am searching for epic space combat games - something in the line of Nexus Jupiter Incident OR something like Total War in space (read: 4x with tactical starship combat). There seem to be a lot of space strategy games out there, some released some in early access. What do you people think? Whats a good new game for space combat.

I would prefer something with

1. epic fleet sized engagements

2. admirals / other characters involved (like Empire at War)

3. slower and heavy on tactics, not just select and attack
    starshatter the gathering storm or perhaps the below.
    There is also a game called FLAGSHIP which is from the bridge perspective.
    Personally I think the below will offer a better space tactical experience.

Contact Vector RTS -demo download:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...act-vector-rts

Last edited by Destraex; May 26, 2014 at 12:02 AM.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Quote Originally Posted by prithupaul View Post
    Found something fascinating in Kickstarter. Contact Vector.

Looks very much like a Combat Mission game in Space. Quite a bit like what I was praying for in my original post.
    Exactly what I was thinking above sorry. I will probably pledge but this is so low profile and so niche I doubt it will get through.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

My opinion would be that SotS1 with all expansions is the best space strategy to date. With a small reservation; I haven't played Distant Worlds and from what I did see it ought to be freaking great, too. If you want real-time, then look to Sins: Rebellion.

I backed The Mandate as I love the premise. I hope it will see the light of day as it is envisioned.

Artifex

There's a new game called Starlight Inception out there. In it, you play as a pilot serving on a carrier.
    You can choose between several fighters, bombers and transports. Probably depends on the current mission.
    Moreover, you can upgrade the ships with upgrade points.
    It's also possible to walk through parts of the carrier.
    However, the game seems to be quite buggy according to users in the Steam forum.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

I'm glad i never got planetary annihilation.

After reading the complaints on the official forums and the steam forums anyone who funded this game in the higher money tiers should be aware that the game will release as a beta test and many many bugs and the like are still not fixed!. The developers actually wanted $90 on steam, soon changed after 500 people complained and they where forced to lower or cause a total annihilation on the steam forums!.

Other problems like the early backer steam version offers Theta Commanders thus kickstarter backers have to pay on top of their existing packages to get him aha bloody greedy backstabbing thier own backers!!!. Retail collectors edition has a rare unique commander kickstarter backers would have to pay in the UK alone 59.99 to get him OMFG ... .

Personally i made the right call this time and i never backed or choose to purchase the early backing bundles!. In the mean time of course i will purchase the collectors edition to unbox, then Re-Sell as new as i only unbox my content. I don't psychically play the content as i refuse to use an online service as steam, dev servers, or any other service!.

As to kcikstarter backers sorry that the developers took you for a ride hope you enjoy the beta test! . (Whine or Rage from fanboys imminent lol).
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishPatriot View Post
    I'm glad i never got planetary annihilation.

After reading the complaints on the official forums and the steam forums anyone who funded this game in the higher money tiers should be aware that the game will release as a beta test and many many bugs and the like are still not fixed!. The developers actually wanted $90 on steam, soon changed after 500 people complained and they where forced to lower or cause a total annihilation on the steam forums!.

Other problems like the early backer steam version offers Theta Commanders thus kickstarter backers have to pay on top of their existing packages to get him aha bloody greedy backstabbing thier own backers!!!. Retail collectors edition has a rare unique commander kickstarter backers would have to pay in the UK alone 59.99 to get him OMFG ... .

Personally i made the right call this time and i never backed or choose to purchase the early backing bundles!. In the mean time of course i will purchase the collectors edition to unbox, then Re-Sell as new as i only unbox my content. I don't psychically play the content as i refuse to use an online service as steam, dev servers, or any other service!.

As to kcikstarter backers sorry that the developers took you for a ride hope you enjoy the beta test! . (Whine or Rage from fanboys imminent lol).
    Planetary Annihilation isn't space combat.

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    Planetary Annihilation isn't space combat.
    Its in space. Not entirely because you fight on planets but your still somewhat in space.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Sins of a Solar Empire- Rebellion.

The competitive PvP multiplayer games (5s/4s/3s), on ICO are addictive. Albeit the game is not for care-bears, is a massive time sink, and I'll be the first to admit, getting into the competitive multiplayer scene can be darn difficult for newbies.
    Once you in though it is addictive.

Icon13 Re: Best Space Combat

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...447c7843000003

Ohh boy!

Edit: Damn its multiplayer.

I am resurrecting this thread to honour Paradox, who, as they have often done in the past, have somehow listened to my plea, and have developed Ancient Space. It looks very much like the kind of game I was asking for. What is even more awesome is that the game will release within a few months.. not a hundred years later like a certain other over-hyped space game. Glory to thee, Paradox.

Another similar interesting game in development called Ceres. There's a demo available on their site.

Last edited by prithupaul; August 29, 2014 at 10:12 AM.

Artifex

I love Paradox and am looking forward to Ancient Space (and the mods people will come up with).
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Distant World Universe is great. It's like a Paradox game in space.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Artifex

Attention: Free Demo of Space Citizen
    Apparently, people with the right code can test Star Citizen's Arena Commander for free - at least till the 5th of September.

Site: http://robertsspaceindustries.com/pr...ncon-2014Code: dragonflight2k14
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Distant World Universe is great. It's like a Paradox game in space.
    Its true!! Whenever I try to play Distant Worlds, I am reminded of the headache I had during my first HoI3 playthrough

One hour of Ancient Space - twitch archive video.

http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive/b/565101780

Starts 30 minute stream.

I have a -90% off Steam coupon for X3 Terran Conflict (giveaway). PM me if interested.

Senator

Can you guys recommend me space combat games that focus more on the dogfighting?

Most of them seem to focus on building fleets/economies. I want more of a "space shooter" if you know what I mean.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast