Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Total War: Medieval kingdoms - 1200 A.D [W.I.P] Grand Campaign (Released)

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Total War: Medieval kingdoms [1212 A.D] [W.I.P] Grand Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Idreaus View Post

New updated map, with better accuracy to the eastern lands.

Minor updates here and there, changed certain faction starting position, added many new factions for better gameplay experience
    Changed Roman Empire to Byzantium for historical naming purposes, (having it named roman empire feels a bit off. Although it may go back to Roman Empire name depending on how many wish to have I named historically)
    Corsica was a fief of the Papal State at this period in history. Although at 1212 it was partly occupied by Genoa. So it should belong to either the Papal States or Genoa, not France:
    Papal fief

Towards the end of the eleventh century, the Papacy laid claim to Corsica, saying it had been donated to the Church by Charlemagne. All Charlemagne had really done was promise that stolen ecclesiastical lands would be returned. Nevertheless, the clergy of Corsica supported the Papacy and, in 1077, the Corsicans declared themselves subject to the Holy See in the presence of Landulf, Bishop of Pisa and Apostolic Legate to the island. Pope Gregory VII responded by making Landulf and his successors saecular lords and perennial apostolic legates of the isle. This was confirmed by Urban II in 1190 and extended into a concession of full sovereignty.
    Pisa replaced the papal legates who were governing the island with judges (judices) of their own appointment. Valuable chiefly as a source of timber for the Pisan fleet, but also as an important transit point for the slave trade, Corsica flourished under Pisan sovereignty, but crises soon arose.[7] The Corsican episcopate resented Pisan overlordship and the rival Republic of Genoa schemed to have Rome reverse the grant of 1077. In 1138, Pope Innocent II divided the ecclesiastical rule of the island between Pisa and Genoa. However, the war between the two trading rival escalated and, in 1195, Genoa captured Bonifacio.[8] The next twenty years were occupied by unrelenting Pisan efforts to recapture it. In 1217, the pope put an end to this by annexing the city to the Holy See.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieva...ens_and_Franks

Furthermore the Byzantine Empire did not exist. It was divided between Epirus, the Latin Empire, the Nicean Empire, Trebizond and Kingdom of Achea. Byzantine Empire should therefore be the name of the Greek confederation. Nicea should have Byzantine roster though.

Gotland was not part of Denmark, it was an independent republic. The island of Öland has never belonged to Denmark, it was all the time Swedish and essentially considered a part of Småland.

Malta should belong to Kingdom of Sicily, not Venice. Later became part of the Kingdom of Aragon.

Bohemia would have semi-independent status by this date.

Sardinia was independent.
    Last edited by |Sith|Galvanized Iron; June 15, 2014 at 04:44 AM.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Default Re: Total War: Medieval kingdoms - 1200 A.D [W.I.P] Grand Campaign (Updated: 6/14/2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza93 View Post
    Apologies if this has already been asked but, will the duchies of Anjou,Toulouse & Brittany be vassals to France?
    Wasn't Brittany independent in this time period, though?

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Total War: Medieval kingdoms - 1200 A.D [W.I.P] Grand Campaign (Updated: 6/14/2014)

The new map is much better. For the Arabian tribes I will need to make a separate roster.

Interestingly enough for a lot of people as well as myself, the Arab armies focused on well armed infantry more than cavalry. Cavalry were extremely important but they were lightly armored in contrast to the infantry with their jawshans and chainmail.

Ahiga what book is this, is it on scribd? Do you happen to have any more snaps regarding the Arabs?

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

The map in western Balkans has a lot of inaccuracies. Venice has found itself completely in former Yugoslavia, but not in Venice itself. Bosnia is somehow moved to southern Hungary and northern Serbia. Slavonia was merely kingdom within Hungary, not properly independent.

This is how accurate map would look like. Once could also make Croatia and Bosnia as vassal states to Hungary.

Yellow thing is Serbia, modern day Kosovo region back in the days known as Rashka.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    The map in western Balkans has a lot of inaccuracies. Venice has found itself completely in former Yugoslavia, but not in Venice itself. Bosnia is somehow moved to southern Hungary and northern Serbia. Slavonia was merely kingdom within Hungary, not properly independent.

This is how accurate map would look like. Once could also make Croatia and Bosnia as vassal states to Hungary.

Yellow thing is Serbia, modern day Kosovo region back in the days known as Rashka.
    Yea i think making Slavonia and Bosnia Hungarian vassals would be nice, i just hope they won't be removed :s

Glad to see such activity in this thread! Also you do realize that those catapults on the last page are using custom skeletons right? I have gotten a completely new skeleton into the game! Grudge is working on trebuchet animations in a day or two as well through this method!

also there was the duchy of athens which was founded by the crusaders in 1205,i would love it if it was its own independent nation,
    also i've been watching this thread closely for some months and i am actually pretty impressed with how fast this mod is progressing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Athens

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

That´s really great news, warman!!! Nostalgia comes up when I see M2TW catapults and hopefully some trebuchets soon. I am not sure many here understand what it means you have gotten a new skeleton into the game. Some retexture and it will look absolutely fenomenal. I congratulate you. You are doing great and pioneer work . Glad that we have come so far already.
    I have come across a new source for really high quality 13th century rus and neighbours units, so expect some update hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    Corsica was a fief of the Papal State at this period in history. Although at 1212 it was partly occupied by Genoa. So it should belong to either the Papal States or Genoa, not France:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieva...ens_and_Franks

Furthermore the Byzantine Empire did not exist. It was divided between Epirus, the Latin Empire, the Nicean Empire, Trebizond and Kingdom of Achea. Byzantine Empire should therefore be the name of the Greek confederation. Nicea should have Byzantine roster though.

Gotland was not part of Denmark, it was an independent republic. The island of Öland has never belonged to Denmark, it was all the time Swedish and essentially considered a part of Småland.

Malta should belong to Kingdom of Sicily, not Venice. Later became part of the Kingdom of Aragon.

Bohemia would have semi-independent status by this date.

Sardinia was independent.
    Yep, he's right. Although I think it makes things much more interesting with a fractured Byzantine empire because it gives you the opportunity to reunite them whether as the Greeks or the Crusaders.

You should take advantage of the Same-Blood feature which allows you to make a coalition. The fractured Greek states could form a Byzantine empire using it and the Turks could form the Sultanate of Rum.

Most of you are going way above historical accuracy which is great, but ignoring the fact that we are using rome 2 provinces campaign map setup. Some of the things cannot be implemented, this is why the setup as you see it now was meant to at least replica the history + total war scheme. I have to balance history with the current gameplay mechanics, you can't really go all historical with rome 2 mechanics, it will end up a like a cluster crap when it comes in terms of Ai expansion/game style experience.

I can't divide the latin empires unfortunately, the Ai will just get crushed. But what I will do is implement each of those factions within the political tab.

To answer the franks and the duchy states, only one of them will be a client state of franks, the rest will be alliances (except Brittany). Giving the player the access of confederation to form > Kingdom of France.
    same goes for turks

Bosnia and the other one are going to be vassals of hungary

Just to be clear: Is the starting date of the mod now 1200 instead of 1212?

If so, that would be before the Fourth Crusade, and the subsequent dismemberment of the Byzantine Empire. However, the Crusade was still in the works during 1200, and the plan for the Crusade was to launch a seaborne invasion of Egypt to liberate the Coptic Christians there and use it a fertile base of supply for invading Palestine. The crusaders were gathering at Venice at 1200 while transport services were being brokered with the Venetians. Therefore, an alternate history can be realized if Doge Enrico Dandolo of Venice decided to launch the crusade on the route planned. We'll have to think about the mechanics for that.

CREDO IN VNAM, SANCTAM, CATHOLICAM ET APOSTOLICAM ECCLESIAM

Are all the Middle Eastern entities from 1257 in the public pack you got? If so I can start firing up a list of what I will need. If not then I will ask 1257 AD for their permission though I'm doubtful if the team is still active.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Idreaus View Post
    Most of you are going way above historical accuracy which is great, but ignoring the fact that we are using rome 2 provinces campaign map setup. Some of the things cannot be implemented, this is why the setup as you see it now was meant to at least replica the history + total war scheme. I have to balance history with the current gameplay mechanics, you can't really go all historical with rome 2 mechanics, it will end up a like a cluster crap when it comes in terms of Ai expansion/game style experience.

I can't divide the latin empires unfortunately, the Ai will just get crushed. But what I will do is implement each of those factions within the political tab.

To answer the franks and the duchy states, only one of them will be a client state of franks, the rest will be alliances (except Brittany). Giving the player the access of confederation to form > Kingdom of France.
    same goes for turks
    The changes I suggested are possible within the current province system. Corsica and Sardinia would be easy to fix.

I don't get why you chose to color areas that are not on the campaign map or are not their own regions such as Gotland and Malta...
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

I really hope that CA releases campaign modding tools. That is all we still really need for overhauls. I don't think it harms this mod that we don't, but it would improve the mod if we did, so we could represent more kingdoms and the like. Almost everything else is possible.

Biarchus

Also, on the front page of TWC atm there is a mod for Shogun 2 which has Korea on the campaign map. Maybe they know how to modify the map and are willing to help?

Well, Shogun 2 uses their own kit which at one point was in the same place we're in now but they have campaign map tools, I don't think you can legally modify those tools for Rome 2. But it does give hope to Rome 2 getting them at some point.

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

I was thinking of a way to create Constantinople, and I think I came up with a viable solution(I'm not a modder, mind you).

Here's the thing: Antheia is very close to where Constantinople was. You could ask the creator of this mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-and-Jerusalem how to give Antheia walls.

Now it will hopefully have walls. That's step 1. Now you could ask the creator of this mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-18-April-2014 on how to add the aesthetic towns onto the campaign map. That's step 2.

And then simply place these "towns" on the Golden Horn so that it is connected with Antheia(now Constantinople). It won't be the prettiest thing ever, but it'll be a Constantinople.
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."