Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: Medieval kingdoms - 1200 A.D [W.I.P] Grand Campaign (Released)

Icon7 Total War: Medieval kingdoms - 1200 A.D [W.I.P] Grand Campaign (Released)

Coming soon!

The following upcoming mod will introduce medieval Era of 1200 A.D. This brings the rise of kingdoms across Europa, mostly historically as accurate as possible within the current campaign province sizes of Rome 2 total war.

The mod brings a complete changes including:

RELIGION

-Islam
    -Catholic Christianity
    -Orthodox Christianity
    -Buddhism

PLAYABLE FACTIONS:

-Kingdom of Leon (Spain if confederated)
    -Kingdom of castle (Spain if confederated)
    -Kingdom of Aragon(Spain if confederated)
    -Kingdom of Franks (France if confederated)
    -Kingdom of Portugal
    -England
    -Scotland
    -Ireland
    -Republic of Genoa (United Italy if confederated)
    -Republic of Venice (United Italy if confederated)
    -Kingdom of Sicily (United Italy if confederated)
    -Roman empire
    -Holy Roman Empire
    -Kingdom of Denmark
    -Duchies of Poland
    -Prussia
    -Kievan Rus
    -Novgorod Republic
    -Kingdom of Hungary
    -State of Bulgaria
    -Dominions of the Almohades (fatimid caliphate if confederated)
    -Sultanate Ayyubids (fatimid caliphate if confederated)
    -Kingdom of Jerusalem
    -Califate of baghdad (fatimid caliphate if confederated)
    -Seljuk Sultanate (Turk if confederated)
    -The Mongols

AGENTS NPC:

Dignitaries > religious preachers (Priest etc)
    Agents > Agents (derp)
    Champions > adventurers to explorer the world.

BATTLE UNITS
    -Broad varieties of imported 3D models medieval knights, cavalry and much more to the factions within this mod.

SOUNDTRACKS
    -Medieval 1 and Medieval 2 Soundtrack OST will be included.

More informationand pictures will be updated about the mod . stay tuned!

This mod will be extremely heavy in file size, thus it will be ran as a Installer setup, rather than having parts divided over steam workshop, (although, there still will be the mod there, for launcher update purposes so you will have to Subscribe then download and run the setup installer within the description) This will make things much smoother.

Last edited by Idreaus; June 14, 2014 at 04:01 PM.

Default Re: Total War: Medieval kingdoms [1212 A.D] [W.I.P] Grand Campaign

Mod Team (updated) 6/14/2014:

-Idreaus
    -Warman222
    -Rafkos
    -Brivime
    -Ltd
    -Lord Giovanni

Please, if you wish to contribute and be part of the team, PM me by leaving your name, position you wish to do (db editing, artwork etc).
    Last edited by Idreaus; June 14, 2014 at 04:10 PM.

Reserved

Great... i can't edit my threads -_- forgot to add Holy roman Empire as playable faction on the list.

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

Looking forward to this man, best of luck!

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Idreaus View Post
    Great... i can't edit my threads -_- forgot to add Holy roman Empire as playable faction on the list.
    Wait until you're above 25 posts, or I can add them for you.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

This is quite an ambitious and commendable mod! Best of luck to you! That being said, there are a few elements that need correcting on the map for 1212 A.D.:

I. In 1212 the Fourth Crusade had only recently ended, and at this point the Byzantine Empire's European possessions, and the Nicomedia region in Anatolia, were in the hands of the Catholic Latin Empire, based in Constantinople (which can hopefully be changed to the capital region of the Thrace province). Although large and united compared to its neighbors, the Latin Empire's Catholic rulers in Orthodox lands will make public order an issue unless province conversions are done quickly.

II. The Roman Empire did not survive the Fourth Crusade, but Greek, Orthodox states did. They are all hostile to the Latin Empire and Venice. They can and should be confederated back into the Roman Empire. They should be as follows:

-Despotate of Epirus: Owns Apollonia region
    -Kingdom of Nicaea: Owns Asia province, and Sinope region
    -Empire of Trebizond: Owns Amaseia and Trapezos regions

III. The Kingdom of Jerusalem, if conformed to the R2 map, should not meaningfully exist at this point in Palestine. The kingdom only owned a few coastal enclaves around Acre, and the city of Jerusalem was in Ayyubid hands. You could bend history a little bit and have them in control of the Tyre region (as they were still in control of Tyre at this point, but not far beyond the city walls). Jerusalem also controlled the island of Cyprus in 1212. Antioch was also still a Crusader State in 1212 as well- the Principality of Antioch, though just in control of the Antioch region.

IV. The Ayyubids were not as powerful historically in 1212 as they seem from this map. They had not conquered Ethiopia; they only had reached the equivalent of the northernmost reqion of R2's Aethiopia province. Everything below that was still owned by the Orthodox(equivalent) kingdoms of Makuria and Ethiopia, going southward. Thy would be interesting options to play as. The Ayyubids didn't own the whole of Arabia in 1212, just the Red Sea coast of it. Bedouin tribes still owned the peninsula's interior, though Oman was also a centralized state at the peninsula's far southeast region. The Ayyubids did, however, own the whole of Syria, and the Mosul region, by 1212 historically.

V. Genghis Khan was just getting started in 1212, and hadn't even yet conquered northern China, let alone overrun Khwarizmian Persia or Russia. The Mongols should not be on the map at the start, though I wonder if a Mongol invasion can be worked into the mechanics. They should arrive on the eastern edge of the map about 10 or so years in. If they must be present at the start due to game mechanics, give them one of the two-region provinces at the edge of the map (like Transoxtania or Bactria), and a full Imperium rating, so they can start with a large number of armies fielded and ready for conquest.

VI. Venice's control of Illyria/Dalmatia was limited to some towns and cities on the Adriatic's coasts and islands; the Dalmatian inland was almost entirely owned by the Kingdom of Hungary. Best to let Venice just have control of the Veneto region (which, de facto, it did, even if not officially). The Holy Roman Empire should have unlimited military access rights at the start, to reflect that that territory is officially still part of the Empire even though Venice basically runs it. A bold doge may want to revoke those rights, and provoke a war with the Kaiser...

VII. The Seljuk dynasty had died out by this point, and the state of the Turks in central Anatolia was just called the Sultanate of Rum. The next great Turkish dynasty, the Ottomans, would not arrive until the turn of the 14th century.

VIII. Muslims had lost control of Sardinia centuries earlier, and a one-region Catholic minor faction would be sufficient for the island. If that is the case right now, I apologize; the color for that faction is very similar to the Almohads.

IX. Aquitaine was a full English possession at this point, not even a client state. King John of England was also Duke of Aquitaine.

X. I am assuming that you are incorporating the Buddhist religion as the state religion of the Mongols? Before the western Mongols (Ilkhanate & Golden Horde) converted to Islam, they were mostly Tengriist shamanists, not Buddhists. The eastern Mongols (in and around present-day Mongolia) did, however, become Buddhists. But at this stage, the Mongols were still mostly Tengriists.
    Last edited by Lord Giovanni; April 07, 2014 at 02:59 AM.

CREDO IN VNAM, SANCTAM, CATHOLICAM ET APOSTOLICAM ECCLESIAM

I believe you should add the Sunni Shiaa split of Islam. It would make more sense in the timeframe and its kind of annoying how many games don't have it and they just go with plain Islam.

So this was the overhaul you hand in mind when you mentioned it, nice!

Love how you called it the Roman Empire instead of the Byzantine Empire.

This mod is a great idea. Best luck to your team because it will need a lot of work.

great and good luck.

“I am in fact, a hobbit in all but size”― J.R.R. Tolkien

Laetus

Does the Prussians include the Teutonic Order? Or just Poland and (maybe) Lithuania?

Plz say yes to the Teutonic Order!

Keen for this though!

Lithuania is good idea,pagans will rise...good luck...with this project...

To better reflect the Holy Roman Empire, it should be divided up into many electorates, Bavaria, Saxony, Milan, etc. who are clients of the Holy Roman Empire. The HRE controls only the core territory. This would strengthen them on the defensive making them harder to steam-roll like every time in MTW2, and it would be a whole lot more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by thalion111 View Post
    To better reflect the Holy Roman Empire, it should be divided up into many electorates, Bavaria, Saxony, Milan, etc. who are clients of the Holy Roman Empire. The HRE controls only the core territory. This would strengthen them on the defensive making them harder to steam-roll like every time in MTW2, and it would be a whole lot more realistic.
    At this point of history HRE was united. However we could represent it in another way which leads to why I'm posting here today:

I am working as a team member in units and such for this mod. I wanted to tell you how we are going to plan out our rosters and such. At least what we have planned for Europe anyway. We have units divided into the following categories.

Generics
    Culture Generics
    Exclusives

Generic Units

Generic units are medieval units that can be used by all factions with not too much distinction. Kind of like how Medieval 2 did it but better quality and more units in this role. These include peasants, town militias and other middle tier soldiers.

Culture Generics

These are units that are exclusive to a certain "culture". For instance there are several Spanish and French factions. Lets look at the French. We wanted to have give each culture at least 2-3 units plus mounted and dismounted knights. In this case here are the culture generic for the French:

French Knights
    Dismounted French Knights
    Men at Arms
    Volugier

That might not seem to big, but when you conisder the generic units that are in that roster too, it's quite respectable. Also don't forget this is the plan for first release, we might add stuff later. For other examples, the German Culture would get the Zweihander and such.

Exclusives:

This is admittedly still fuzzy. Essentially these would be units that would only belong to one nation. The best and only example I can think of right now is Flanders and Flemish Pikemen. Any ideas on how to expand this category would be greatly appreciated. So right now here's a rough idea of how Flanders roster would look.

Flanders Roster (WIP):

Generics

1. Peasants
    2. Town Militia
    3. Archers
    4. Spearmen
    5. Swordsmen
    6. Crossbowmen
    7. Mounted Segeants

Culture Generics

8. French Knights
    9. Dismounted French Knights
    10. Men at Arms
    11. Volugier

Exclusives

12. Flemish Pikemen

Obviously this is just a rough idea of what we got planned. Let us know what you guys think and to my other teammates, if I botched up the wording, let me know so I can edit this post.

Speaking of crossbowmen

If anyone knows how the hell this stupid animation editor works and can make a functional crossbow animation please do so.

"In a man to man fight the winner is he with one more bullet in his clip."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"Suffer not the Witch to live, nor the Heretic to spread his lies!"

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

any chance of pushing back the start date a bit? The best part of M2:TW was the 1066 'early-med' feeling... this date is far too into the Medieval period to really feel the progression of feudalism :/

Wish you a good luck. I love the medieval era

How are your thoughts for unique buildings coming along? Let me provide a few suggestions:

England: Tower of London (from Barracks chain, as it was just as much an armory as a prison, London-Specific)

Franks: Cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris (from Church chain, Paris-Specific)

Holy Roman Empire: Electoral Palace (from Palace chain, not as powerful bonuses as the other buildings, but may be built in multiple locations in any capital city of a German or Italian province)

Venice: Venetian Arsenal (from the regular port chain, Venice-Specific, should provide ship recruitment and hull bonus equivalents of a fully-upgraded military port)

Papal States: St. Peter's Basilica (from the Church chain, Rome-Specific, should be available from one of the last technologies in a chain in order to show how it was built at the end of the Middle Ages)

Latin Empire & Roman Empire: Hagia Sophia Cathedral (from Church chain, Constantinople-Specific)

Castile, Leon, Aragon, & Almohads: Alhambra (from Palace chain, Cordoba-Specific)

Baghdad: Great Library of Baghdad (from Library chain, Baghdad-Specific)

Ayyubids: Great Mosque of Mecca (from Mosque chain, Mecca-Specific)

Kingdom of Jerusalem: Church of the Holy Sepulcher (from the Church chain, Jerusalem-Specific)

Poland: Grand Ducal Stables (from Barracks chain, Krakow-Specific)

Thanks for hearing me out, and keep up the good work!

CREDO IN VNAM, SANCTAM, CATHOLICAM ET APOSTOLICAM ECCLESIAM

Hey guys, I've been planning on putting in crossbows as a stand-alone project for Rome 2 (only using the archer firing/reloading animation until animations are possible), and I was wondering whether you all have successfully implemented them into the game yet.

In addition, please make Gwynedd playable. The Welsh were by far my favorite faction from Med 2.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast