Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Suggestions

Give us your general or accurate suggestion. Any constructive and helpful proposal is welcome.

NO general feedback shall go here, as there is another extra topic. Spam will be deleted.
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 19, 2006 at 01:11 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Default Re: Suggestions for build v0.50

1) More music. What music there is is of excellent quality, but the long periods of silence get somewhat disturbing.
    2) Eastern cities, muslim and greek.
    3) Rework the named characters. I notice that Alexios Komnenos has no command or administrative skills despite being one of the most brilliant of Eastern Emperors, while the incompetent Michael Dukas has stars and scrolls(likely due to being emperor, but consider negative traits for him that cancel those out) William the Conqueror also seems to be strangely untalented.
    4) Historical and map nitpicks. Why is it that south Italy is not entirely under the rule of Sicily? Is it solely due to balance? Same for the Seljuks in anatolia. Consider redrawing the provincial borders for North Africa. The northern provinces in Algeria/Tunisia/Moroco could be drawn to better match the Atlas Mountains which historically separated the civilized nations from the interior tribes. The coastal provinces in Libya/Cyrenaica could be drawin to better match the fact that only the coastal fringe and the bulge around cyrene were inhabited by civilized peoples. This would also allow the roads to run along the coastline instead of across the desert the way it is now.

Also, consider one of those pretty textured minimaps some of the other mods have.

All in all, a very impressive job.
    Last edited by xman160036; October 19, 2006 at 09:49 PM.

1-yeah, more music, though i love hearing the Civ III medieval music

2-sure

3-i guess

4-yea!

R1776's Avatar Laetus

Great work on the mod! The only bad thing I have to say about chiv is that there isnt any special abilities. I would like to see shield and spear walls, hedgehogs and warcrys. Are there any plans to add them?

And more music would be nice.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

4) Apulia was given to the independent nations due to gameplay value. The same goes for Anatolia I guess.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Mr.Man's Avatar Civis

I think you should try and have 4 turns a year.

the only thing that stood out for me which needs doing is the icons. like when you go to battle it doesnt show anything for assault or withdraw. just getting all the pictures and icons in the game would improve it lots to me.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

In the campaign map, add some UI pics to the updates that come down at the left part of the screen. It's kind of annoying when you don't know what the box is about.

But it's very minimal.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

I bet you're working on this, but animations for the characters in the campaignmap are a must.
    A wider range of buildings, if possible, or some more of those original concepts as martial law would be nice too. Oftentimes I don't quite know what to build in my towns because of lack of choice.

Also, is it possible to split the christians in an orthodox catholic church and a roman catholic church, or is it not because of engine-limitations?

Historical battles: were are they? *snif*
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

well, our man behind the historical battles wasnt around as much for the making of .50 so he was not able to make the apropriate changes to make them compatible with the new version. However, I believe he said he would, so maybe you will see 'em in a patch.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

You should get rid of the units, looking like an army in the campaign map. Make it look a character. Its much easier to see, and just looks better.
    The only official spammer.

The Lacedaemonian's Avatar Biarchus

add M2 music.
    if you have the M2 demo, you can use the Idx extracor. (thats what i did and the music sounds good in CTW)
    troops dont have torches at night add them.
    i think you dont have to change Islamic city layouts. the different color walls and houses actually looks like it fits in the game. all you need is to have those buildings appear on the map. (they just show construction sites)
    trebuchet animation is needed perhaps.
    when i did my first defending battle (custom) 2 vs. 1 Seljuks and Byzantines, they didnt attack. all they did was shoot their trebuchets. (however this is only my first try perhaps multiple trials will get a different result)
    as for camp. nothing yet. didnt try yet but will soon.
    Known As The Spartan At The ORG
    If You Dont Download These Spartans Will Destroy You!
    Current Version: 1.0 Next Version: Finished. (I Think) Updates,Patches,Extras,Mini-Mods

Feautures:New Units, Longer Battles,New Historical Regions In The Campaign Map, Lots Of New Reigons, Better Historcal Battles, More Buildings, And Much, Much, More
    Kaweh K's Artwork

Mr.Man's Avatar Civis

I think you should try and have titles like in MTW. That would make it more realistic.

what do you mean titles? How so? If you mean the ability to give titles, then thats impossible. However you can gain titles through T&A. For example, if you capture London, you get the title of King of England.
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

Mr.Man's Avatar Civis

I mean titles like in RTWBarbINV how if u play western empire and right click on the charecter portrait it brings up that info screen with their loyalty and traits and skills. Somewhere in that screen (cant remember exactly where cus havent played BarbINV in awhile) is a red seal in there for some guys saying they are the count of this place and that they are the imperial armourer and stuff like that. i was thinking maybe you could mod those to fit into Chivalry TW. Like changing imperial armourer to Duke of Anjou. Also you can take it away from one charecter and give it to another. So you could give a bunch of titles like chancellor and duke of ____ to the faction leader and then take them away from him and give them to whoever you want to posess the title. I was thinking with all the stuff you added and changed in Chivalry that this might be possible.
    To see for yourself start campaign as west empire and right click on the portrait of whoever is a governor in england. I remeber he had a seal title thingy.
    Last edited by Mr.Man; October 23, 2006 at 07:42 PM.

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

lots of units need new better textures and models (andalusian cav., black guard). and some more suggestions can you include "Skymod BI" from "A New Trivium Organization Project" (adds better lightning and makes game look much better), "Realistic_Trees_MOD_1.1" by "OrrieBoi" (smaller realistic trees), and "Prometheus grass addon" by "Prometheus" (new great grass).

this small mods actually make your battles look 10x better. i added them in my game. but it would be easier for other people if you could include them in mod so people wouldnt need to manually install.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by matko
    lots of units need new better textures and models (andalusian cav., black guard). and some more suggestions can you include "Skymod BI" from "A New Trivium Organization Project" (adds better lightning and makes game look much better), "Realistic_Trees_MOD_1.1" by "OrrieBoi" (smaller realistic trees), and "Prometheus grass addon" by "Prometheus" (new great grass).

this small mods actually make your battles look 10x better. i added them in my game. but it would be easier for other people if you could include them in mod so people wouldnt need to manually install.
    Well, if Chiv will run solid in all aspects and is pretty ctd-bugfree, then we might go over to also include extra-mods like the above mentioned, if they fit to the Chiv-design. As yet, only Darth' formations 16.2 is implemented as an "extra" mod part.

However, i think, we will remain with extra mods, that don't require automatically pc-upgrades (cpu/video-card), so that also users with average systems can play Chiv.

For example, one question: Needs the Prometheus grass' only updated very modern systems to get the actual affect, or works this also with medium pc's?
    Another question, as i know about OrrieBoi's tree mod during its development in/for RTR: Does it work in the meantime 100% bugfree?
    And the last one: Is Skymod BI only for BI executables or also for RTW's?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

schminkypinky's Avatar Foederatus

Hope the following haven't been mentioned already.....but here I go;

1. Change the colour of the factions in central/eastern europe. Bohemia, Poland are almost identical in the mini-map. Hungary too has very similar army colours.
    2. Playing as Bohemia it seems almost impossible to develop settlements. You need to wait for the population to rise to 6000 in your capital before you can really do anything. I think it starts at roughly 2000 and with need to tax heavily the rise is about 1%. Thats a long wait even if you enslave settlements.
    3. I believe the balance of some units seems skewed. I would generalise that better trained cavalry cost more to raise and pay then levies. Yet some of the cavalry I have encountered fighting against Hungary are cheaper then my poor troops from the forests of Bohemia.
    4. I've only played on H/H but does the AI receive money bonuses throught the campaign script? For the larger nations such as Poland and HRE seem able to maintain many full stacks of expensive troops when even through careful planning I can only field one stack of levies for maybe three turns before i go into the red. And thats despite saving up for years to offset the costs. I understand the dilemma of trying to recreate the periods lack of standing armies but it is also a game experience. Never affording troops or having the oppurtunity to build buildings that might increase revenue seems to dent the gaming experience. I guess from reading other AARs that as the game develops and the AI goes war-crazy against the humie (because of his expansion) that a lack of troops despite large empires is a real problem.
    5. Countries have 'Roman Era' banners in diplomacy and other screens.
    6. When can you train diplomats or assasins? And whilst spies are very useful in opening city gates due to expensive seiges...but 750 florins...thats the output of most capitals for a few turns gone.
    7. I like the size of the units on the campaign map, that invisibility problem is the only grievance of mine on that subject.
    8. A slight bump in morale for starting units perhaps.
    Reading through this it sounds like I'm an embittered Bohemian...Which I probably am! Its a very ambitious mod and one which should be praised for its originality and scope. I always think its very crass for someone to complain about a free mod. This is simply 'my 2 cents' to improve an already very good game.

EDIT: Oh and the addition of proper icons to display maintain/lift seige rather tan plain gold buttons would be nice
    Last edited by schminkypinky; October 24, 2006 at 10:11 AM.
    Lady Astor to Churchill "Winston, if you were my husband I would flavour your coffee with poison"
    Churchill: "Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it"

I'm with you about the gold icons, I alwasy get confused.

As far as HRE supporting large armies, well they do have a money script. Because they are surrounded by factions, and if they did not have the money to support gigantic armies, they would be easily swallowed up, which would not be accurate.

Consilium Belli member

6. When can you train diplomats or assasins? <---------------thats linked to the fact that youve failed to achieve higher level settlements

your EDIT: <--------------its a bug
    '

MY suggestion

I would really enjoy the game if you could make an BETTER CTW campaign texture set, and im going to mod the game to get the old textures back
    Last edited by jaklei; October 24, 2006 at 11:19 AM.
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast