Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NON CTD Bugs

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default NON CTD Bugs

Here go any NON-CTD Bug-Reports.

List in any case the version if it is patched with an upgrade version on v0.50!

Then describe it accurate (faction, campaign, units, settlement, location, etc.). Only understandable and proper reports can get support.
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 19, 2006 at 01:13 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Matthĉus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

Default Re: NON CTD Bugs v0.50

when you attack a city (culture west european) and your catapults camage tower (in DaVinci's sig in post above it is first tower on the right side, the square one without roof) it changes back to rome (vanilla) model. if im unclear in any way try to play costum siege battle and attack tower with catapults and you will see what im talking about.

I know exactly what you mean. Its my fault, I fixed all the other towers, but forgot the square type. Sorry, I just dont attack towers too much so I forgot about it. Anyways, the towers dont shoot in our mod, so dont shoot the towers! hehe, well, thats a quick fix anyways...
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Is ther an actual fix for it though?
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Napatha throwers make the arrow firing sound when they throw their grenades right before they make the throwing sound. As I recall, other mods used to have this problem with slingers, but they fixed them eventually.

@ Lusted

yes, the fix would be to go into the descr_building_battle folder and open up CTW_walls.txt, and modify the entry, dissableing the vanilla anims. and for the damadge model just putting in the regular model, so it looks as though nothing happens when it becomes damadged.
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

when i try to play the game, (using the shortcut in the chivalry folder) i get a error saying it could ready lightening.text in data, or some thing like that, do u have any suggestions?

I am on 1.6 patched game with v0.50 installed (0.44 was never installed in that directory)
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

hmm, no idea, did you use to have any mods installed in that directory? Try modifying the CTW shortcut to run using the RTW.exe instead of BI, or vise versa to see if it could be something wrong with either one.

If nothing else works, I suggest reinstalling the game, it seemed to help for similar problems for other users.

Consilium Belli member

The andalusian heavy cavalry's secondary weapon type is only his hand..there is no sword (when he switches to the secondary weapon there is nothing in his hand)

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

The twoers in walls as well as the forts don't fire arrows...
    Also, in the campaign map, after a unit depleted their movment points they just vanish. this is because you changed the model and scalled it down in comparison to the map (I think it should be a tad bigger) but maintained the same animation pack (the sandard RTW one that when your units finish moving they'll kneel hence becoming lower).

Cheers...

"The twoers in walls as well as the forts don't fire arrows..."

The towers are supposed to do that, as firing arrows from a "hunted" tower is unrealistic..i think the ChivTW team did a good job here.

Perhaps this is a vanilla bug, but it'd be nice to know whether or not it can be fixed. I am speaking about the fact that projectiles such as those fired by the trebuchets (which are, btw, beautifully modelled) don't have a sound-effect when hitting the ground.

Secondly you may want to look into the models/textures of both the Armanian-Cilician and the Byzantine body guard units for small glitches. The former has a problem with this spear, the horse of the latter has a slight graphical glitch on the front when moving.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Well first, I wanted to reduce the firing rate. But I could only do this for the siege towers, and the normal towers, but not the gatehouse (at least I could not find a way to do it). And anyways, when I reduced the firing rate of the towers to something more realistic, it became insignificant. Its like if you had 5 archers on the tower, thy would kill one guy every now and then, but it really didnt make a difference. The biggest problem was to reduce the rate of the gate house, because half the men carying the ram to the gate would die. And to only way I figured out how to do this, was to simply dissable the ability of the gatehouse and all other towers to fire.

I think its alot more realistic, because even though the towers may have fired arrows, the army sieging them would have been alot bigger, and casualties from the towers would have been insignificant.

Consilium Belli member

I don´t know whether that´s actually a bug of Chivalry, but my units have some difficulties with charging, it seems. They run up to the enemy but before slamming into them, my men sometimes stop and then walk or run (but don´t charge) into the enemy. It´s especially noticeable with cavalry, they don´t lower their lances.

However, I´ve noticed something like that in vanilla RTW since v1.3 already, cavalry doesn´t charge if it´s below a certain distance from the enemy. So, you might very well be off the hook ~
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

for the lances, they require quite a lenghty run up for the knights to lower them and charge properly. If you charge from a short distance, they dont have time to speed up,and the charge is not effective, and they dont lower their lances.

Consilium Belli member

All right, so it´s the engine, is it? What about the infantry? I´ll try and grab a few pictures so you can see what I mean. It was really weird, I tried to charge my archers (out of ammo, plus I was desperate) into some rebel infantry, they actually did charge for a good distance, but before they hit the line, they stopped and walked leisurely the last few feet
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

The cavalry charging is very deadly though, if you have enough room to get up to speed. I've charged knights head on against spearmen at that speed, and actually broken through the front line, with very few losses before drawing off for another charge. I really like how cavalry is effective in this how it was in real life, to throw a ton of weight at high speed directly at the enemy, to just smash through them.

The Lacedaemonian's Avatar Biarchus

anyone notice that if you build an execution place, and recruit a spy, the execution place dissapears and the spy isnt recruited.
    Known As The Spartan At The ORG
    If You Dont Download These Spartans Will Destroy You!
    Current Version: 1.0 Next Version: Finished. (I Think) Updates,Patches,Extras,Mini-Mods

Feautures:New Units, Longer Battles,New Historical Regions In The Campaign Map, Lots Of New Reigons, Better Historcal Battles, More Buildings, And Much, Much, More
    Kaweh K's Artwork

hmm, we had a similar report at the SCC (it wasent you was it?) but TK could not repeat this when he tried it himself. Could you give us a saved game maybe? Also, could it be that you run out of money when you do this, so it is somehow automatialy taken away (remember, it costs 1000 florins, thats alot!)

Consilium Belli member

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier
    The cavalry charging is very deadly though, if you have enough room to get up to speed. I've charged knights head on against spearmen at that speed, and actually broken through the front line, with very few losses before drawing off for another charge. I really like how cavalry is effective in this how it was in real life, to throw a ton of weight at high speed directly at the enemy, to just smash through them.
    Actually it is a matter of RTW animations/skeletons mainly.

SignifierOne for example was able to solve some annoying RTW charge unit-mal-function, and i used to implement those into TFT and in my old RTR-submod. I thought already a bit about an investigation, if some of his animations might work compatible with chiv, ... normally it shouldn't matter to use some of them, we will see.
    But however, the charge behaviour can get amendments by the edu as well ... this needs a lot special combat-code testing. Perhaps something for the future.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast