Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 1] Chivalry TW: Installation&Start Issues (Read First Post)

Default Re: Install + Start Issues - Read First Post

Hey, i don't know how its dif to mod but...i think it would be cool if every mounted unit had that thing on the spear like Knights of Santiago of Castile.

It will be more realistic, and horse "clothes" i don't know how to say it...

Hand thing on the spear
    &
    Horse Clothes

Default help!!!!!!!!

hello this is my first post,

When i installed chivalry (my rtw game is patched to 1.5) it installed successfully. Then when i went onto the faction choice screen i choose the faction click the icon to continue then it just goes to the main menu. What have i done wrong?

Charge's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: help!!!!!!!!

Have you delete map.rwm in campaign folder?
    if it present there

Default Re: help!!!!!!!!

well, you shouldn't need to do that... but you should first be sure that you installed it onto a "clean" RTW 1.5, as in you have no other mods installed that alter the vanilla folder, and then... have you installed the hotfix? Its in the same thread as the main download here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97453

Make sure of these two things, read over the install instructions properly to check that you have not done anything else wrong, and if the problem persists, post back here.

P.S. move to the proper thread...
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

i have no other mods except chiv, i have installed hotfix but now it doesnt work still, it just gets to the same place. do you think i should try reinstalling everything?

well, if you have no clue why this might be happening, thats the only thing you can do...

btw, does your vanilla RTW run fine?
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

it runs fine i haven't had trouble with it before

Well... first I would suggest to just go and delete your chivalry folder, and reinstall the mod... just in case. If this gives you the same results then, without knowing what else could possibly be wrong, the only thing you can do is try reinstalling RTW.

BTW, just to make sure, in order to start your campaign, you go:
    Single Player-> Campaign (at the bottom) ->Early Era -> Select Faction
    right?

Consilium Belli member

i have reinstalled everything and the same thing happens, i get to select a faction (strangely some of them still have the rtw logos, could this be why its not working, im not sure but i think i have the unlock all factions mod on it) and it goes back to the main menu.

Well, theres definately something wrong if you still have the RTW logos there... I don't know how the unlock all factions mod would interfere...

But when you say you reinstalled everything, do you mean just the mod, or RTW as well? The best way to make sure your RTW is clean is to reinstall it as well. If you have any mods on it, I don't think theres any way around it if you want to play this one.

Consilium Belli member

i reinstalled RTW also

And you get the same results? And some of the faction logos are from vanilla?

Consilium Belli member

yes its the same

Thats... really odd, um... when you install the mod, where do you install it? I mean, whats the location? ...and whats the location of the "chivalry" folder that you get after you finish installing it? For example, I install it to here:
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\
    and thus my "chivalry folder is located as such:
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\chivalry\

Can you confirm that you have a similar "setup"?

Consilium Belli member

it is ok now, i was being a noob and still using the RTW shortcut not the CTW one. I have started a campaign now as England and there was only 300men in Paris which i took easy.

Anyway thanks for the help

No problem! Glad you got it working and enjoy!

Consilium Belli member

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

i gotta a problem

installed rtw 1.0
    installed BI
    installed patch 1.5
    installed patch 1.6
    installed mod

ok i see the screen...............I pick up an army in custom battle......hit the start battle then POOF the game just closed................

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Just see what i wrote in the first post.
    So the install-way as summery: (if we speak about the original CD versions)

1. Install RTW CD, that is then version 1.0.
    2. Install BI CD, what is then RTW 1.3 and BI 1.4.
    3. Install the patch 1.6 (from TW.com or whatever source). What is then RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6.

-> Upgrade is done for both: RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6! Check it out in Options menu. Though the right CD must be inserted to check the version entries 1.5 (RTW CD) or 1.6 (BI CD).
    For more info of that kind, check the first post.

I recommend: Complete uninstall RTW/BI, and a fresh installation according to what i've quoted.
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 03, 2007 at 02:21 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

oh yeah sorry

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

im having some problems with the installation, when i start the game the chivalry loading screen comes up but then i get messages about missing data, following which the game closes. assistance is much appreciated