Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 1] Chivalry TW: Installation&Start Issues (Read First Post)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Install + Start Issues - Read First Post

Quote Originally Posted by sephirotharg View Post
    I want to uninstall my BI 1.6 because i have FATW:TNS over my BI, and i'm not really liking it. And the way I uninstall is I go to add or remove programs and just uninstall BI. I was just wondering if my ChivTW would work w/o my BI, because i dont know how to uninstall only FATW.
    If you've installed FATW proper, then it doesn't change your BI vanilla, as it comes with its own modfolder (same thing as with Chiv) calling ci, as far as i can remember right now, and it is in the RTW folder as well. If you remove the ci folder then you should got rid of FATW in the whole, but to verify it, you just should ask in there forum. So you have principle really not a big problem, assumed your installations are correct done, and you haven't messed up the vanilla data of RTW or BI with your installations, what you can simply find out, if you start your vanilla games.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

what DaVinci said should be true, to get rid of FATW you should just delete their mod folder... if thats how it works...

however, I just want to say, that even though you have the option of uninstalling BI or RTW in the control panel or wherever, I'm pretty sure that doing either one will uninstall the whole game.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

Thanks for the info, DaVinci and Drak10687, i just deleted the modfolder and BI still works. Also, is there any advantage to installing ChivTW on BI versus RTW? Thanks again for all the help.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by sephirotharg View Post
    Thanks for the info, DaVinci and Drak10687, i just deleted the modfolder and BI still works. Also, is there any advantage to installing ChivTW on BI versus RTW? Thanks again for all the help.
    Please read the first post of this thread accurate.
    Chiv is to install always into the RTW directory, then you can play either with the RTW engine or with the BI engine.
    For playing on BI you only have then to make a little Chiv-shortcut path-change (is explained in detail in the shortcut folder that comes with the chivalry folder).
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

uh.. i dont readed all topic so if the same problem have been solved before i ll be thankfull for some help..
    i downloaded and installed mod
    than i overwrite orginal data folder with chivalry data folder
    and i run rometw by shortscut and all what i saw is chivalry screen and thats all.. nothin else som1 help
    sry for my english i m polish

christof139's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi,

You shouldn't be overwritng the vanilla (original) Data Folder!!!!!!!!

The mod should install into its own folder named Chivalry that the mod installer will automatically make in the main RTW Folder, not the RTW Data Folder!!! You installed the mod into the wrong folder, it goes in the main RTW Folder.

Chris, a Polonia from Detroit, MI

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Polish Templar View Post
    uh.. i dont readed all topic so if the same problem have been solved before i ll be thankfull for some help..
    i downloaded and installed mod
    than i overwrite orginal data folder with chivalry data folder
    and i run rometw by shortscut and all what i saw is chivalry screen and thats all.. nothin else som1 help
    sry for my english i m polish
    Welcome,

... who reads first how a -mod installation (own mod folder) works, ie. in our stickied info threads and especially here in the first post, has an advantage

It's correct what Chris said above.

Now you have to reinstall RTW 1.5.

thxz for help i ll try it now

eh.. i reinstalled whole rtw and patch it to 1.5
    than i installed chivilary in the rome folder and i run it from shortscut.. same thing i mean i cannot play campaing ( when i go into single player i have "introduction under it just a "." and another "." than some other stuff : /
    when i try play campain its getting me back to the choosing menu : / what do i screw?

christof moglbys mi to po polsku wytlumaczyc?: P nie ogarniam
    mam rtw 1.5 wszystko pieknie instaluje tego moda w folderze gdzie mam rtw odpalam ze skrotu i nie moge nic grac : / albo wyskakuje mi do pulpitu albo cofa wiesz co z tym zrobic ? // sorry all i m just not so good in english..

maybe it would help.. my shortscut looks like this
    "E:\My Files\Gry\rtw\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry
    "E:\My Files\Gry\rtw"
    is it good? in folder "rtw" i have installed rome; p
    pls help me i m goin get insane if i wont play it !
    sorry for spam : /

last post today sorry guys ye i know edit option itd forgive me !
    YEAH ! it works! i installed hotfix and its ok! LOVE THAT MOD it looks.. awesome! i m not sure that it will work for 100% but.. maybe thxz all
    Last edited by drak10687; September 05, 2007 at 11:35 PM. Reason: quadripple post

Glad you got it working! Hope you enjoy... and in the meanwhile, I joined your posts, hope you don't mind.
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

Thank you for solution, now my life will be clear so go go test

Quote Originally Posted by Polish Templar View Post
    thxz for help i ll try it now

christof moglbys mi to po polsku wytlumaczyc?: P nie ogarniam
    mam rtw 1.5 wszystko pieknie instaluje tego moda w folderze gdzie mam rtw odpalam ze skrotu i nie moge nic grac : / albo wyskakuje mi do pulpitu albo cofa wiesz co z tym zrobic ? // sorry all i m just not so good in english..

maybe it would help.. my shortscut looks like this
    "E:\My Files\Gry\rtw\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry
    "E:\My Files\Gry\rtw"
    is it good? in folder "rtw" i have installed rome; p
    pls help me i m goin get insane if i wont play it !
    sorry for spam : /

last post today sorry guys ye i know edit option itd forgive me !
    YEAH ! it works! i installed hotfix and its ok! LOVE THAT MOD it looks.. awesome! i m not sure that it will work for 100% but.. maybe thxz all
    Hi,

No, I don't speak, I'm a niemicz (sp?), but i do have a Polish Dictionary. I don't live in a Polish neighborhood anymore for many years now, and my Polish speaking relatives - Baba, Grandfather, Aunts and Uncles - have all passed on, died, so I don't even hear the language spoken, and only knew a little when much younger.

Glad you got the mod to work!!! It can be confusing if a person had never loaded a mod before.

Pozdrawiam, Chris

Plz guys, i know that i'm escaping from the current theme, but when i play CTW sometimes apear the follow error:

Could't find chivalry\data\models_unit\texture\MTW_officer_feudal_standard.tga. & chivalry/data/models_unit/textures/MTW_unit_feudal_foot_knight_hre.tg.psd
    (but they don't appear at the same time)

what do i do ? if i need this file plz send me because i have instaled many times & nothing has changed.
    (sry my english every one i'm brazilian)
    Last edited by o=|HUDSON>; September 07, 2007 at 12:44 PM.

I'm sorry I don't know. Maybe a corrupted file in the download??

I was lucky and got the game to work OK the first try.

Chris

Mars Magnus's Avatar Ordinarius

My version doesn´t work on RTW 1.5
    I installed all correctly ...with shortcutetc.
    But it started and then there was a CTD...
    I thougt maybe i could copy the modfolder in usual RTW.
    Than appered suddenly a Knight^^,
    but then it crashed again ...
    And there came errormassages-
    samething in data .../culverin, katas and trebuchets or so ...
    I deleted all.
    Should I install the mod again?
    SILVIO GESELL & GUSTAV RUHLAND: GREATEST ECONOMISTS!
    STOP EXPLOITING=CAPITALISM= INTEREST SLAVERY!
    In every porduct you buy you pay about 40% interest in the price.
    Debt creates money. Money is created by dept.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Magnus View Post
    My version doesn´t work on RTW 1.5
    I installed all correctly ...with shortcutetc.
    But it started and then there was a CTD...
    I thougt maybe i could copy the modfolder in usual RTW.
    Than appered suddenly a Knight^^,
    but then it crashed again ...
    And there came errormassages-
    samething in data .../culverin, katas and trebuchets or so ...
    I deleted all.
    Should I install the mod again?
    What shall we say ... the modversion 0.95+hotfix2 works issue-free if installed correct, since a lot months now, just consider everything of relevance, clean RTW 1.5 or BI 1.6, plus the modfolder+hotfix2, plus the correct shortcut-path, that's all (all details are to find in the stickied topics and in the modfolder as well).
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 07, 2007 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by o=|HUDSON> View Post
    Plz guys, i know that i'm escaping from the current theme, but when i play CTW sometimes apear the follow error:

Could't find chivalry\data\models_unit\texture\MTW_officer_feudal_standard.tga. & chivalry/data/models_unit/textures/MTW_unit_feudal_foot_knight_hre.tg.psd
    (but they don't appear at the same time)

what do i do ? if i need this file plz send me because i have instaled many times & nothing has changed.
    (sry my english every one i'm brazilian)
    Hmm, that seems to be an error in the coding... because, unless you typed it wrong, the file types are messed up at the end of each error. I believe someone at SCC reported this before. I'll take a look at it tomorrow... btw, does it cause a CTD or not?

Consilium Belli member

I have installed this mod again.
    I copied (a clean!) RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6.
    After that I have installed on RTW 1.5 this mod.
    Then I pasted the Hotfix2 in the folder,where they have to put in.
    Finally I corrected the path-shortcut.(both!)
    And now?:
    Generic Error:

Could not read file ´data/descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt´

What I have made wrong?

well, that file is not modified by us... as in, installing the mod does not modify that file... so the only conclusion is that something is wrong with either your RTW vanilla files, or your system...

When do you get the error, when starting the game? And try playing RTW vanilla... does it work?

Consilium Belli member

I have around 30 mods.
    3 mods don´t want to work.
    1.Yours,CTW,
    2.The fourth Age
    3.Crusader TOtal War 0.6 ...doesn´t work on my clean BI 1.6 ...so I´ve deleted it yesterday.

I get this message when I try to start the game,
    at first comes the RTW minipicture,and than black screnn(so like in usual RomeTW) an after that this massage.
    Yes I can play all mods and normal TW-games.(with NO problems)
    (But have a problem in playing online ...)
    Last edited by Mars Magnus; September 09, 2007 at 03:17 AM.

Could you maybe upload this one file and I waste this file into the folder?
    only a idea ...