Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: [Help Desk 1] Chivalry TW: Installation&Start Issues (Read First Post)

Default Re: [Help Desk 1] Chivalry I : Installation&Start Issues (Read First Post)

Perhaps I'm just missing something, but how could FCRC possibly affect Chiv, which is where the problem I am having occurs, when FCRC is in a completely different folder under a completely different name? I just mentioned FCRC to be as complete as possible, nothing at all is wrong with FCRC.

I am not asking, seeking, or in any way looking for help with FCRC. I am looking for help with Chiv Vanilla, which in no way has been affected by the files contained in FCFC as I re-installed Chiv vanilla after I discovered the broken campaign and custom battles in Chiv vanilla.
    The problem, as it appears to me, is with the launcher, which was provided by the Chiv vanilla team so it would be relavent under the Chiv vanilla bug thread/install issue thread.
    Last edited by Ajidica; October 09, 2011 at 01:12 PM.
    "Oh no! Uzbeks have drunk my battery fluid!"

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: [Help Desk 1] Chivalry I : Installation&Start Issues (Read First Post)

It theoretically can't interfere, although it seemingly does. I'll check

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Ajidica View Post
    Perhaps I'm just missing something, but how could FCRC possibly affect Chiv, which is where the problem I am having occurs, when FCRC is in a completely different folder under a completely different name? I just mentioned FCRC to be as complete as possible, nothing at all is wrong with FCRC.

I am not asking, seeking, or in any way looking for help with FCRC. I am looking for help with Chiv Vanilla, which in no way has been affected by the files contained in FCFC as I re-installed Chiv vanilla after I discovered the broken campaign and custom battles in Chiv vanilla.
    The problem, as it appears to me, is with the launcher, which was provided by the Chiv vanilla team so it would be relavent under the Chiv vanilla bug thread/install issue thread.
    Alright, understood now, but you indeed miss still a point:

Nonetheless you have changed the ChivTW vanilla installation in the moment you have added the FCRC installation. FCRC, which is by now not a fully independent modfolder, but a complete separate campaign mod using ChivTW's files, a submod, therefore a case for the other separated submod forum. You have changed the default ChivTW installation, that means it is not anymore a support-case for this thread here nor the bugreport thread nor the main ChivTW forum at all.
    Why? Very simple, we who have created the official ChivTW (vanilla) mod have no control nor knowledge over any other installation than the default ChivTW installation, its files, and with the given dl links of the main/release thread, and also not the intention.
    The thing is very clear and no debate worth: ChivTW submods or also semi-official ChivTW releases like FCRC don't run under the official ChivTW content and support of this main mod forum.

If you have moved out the FCRC folder from the RTW folder, have possibly (who knows, could be necessary) reinstalled ChivTW vanilla (without any content of the ChivTW submods), then you are a candidate for this main ChivTW forum, in any other case, meant here, with FCRC installed or other ChivTW submods, it is not. Providing a fresh and clean ChivTW installation on RTW or BI or ALX, it is a support-case.

Discussing any things about FCRC here is offtopic, and i'm not really interested what's so hard to understand there (next time using the word FCRC in regard of install issues in this thread here or in the bugreport thread, the post will be removed with all descretion due to offtopic posting).

However, although not really ontopic in your case, my recommendation as following: (also as it may help any other readers who have installed FCRC or other ChivTW submods and experience then issues afterwards when applying ChivTW vanilla again)

1. Move out the FCRC folder from the RTW folder (when you gonna play ChivTW vanilla, and you want to have ChivTW default support ).
    2. Check out short if RTW vanilla functions as usually (because this is the base for ChivTW's installation: an untouched RTW vanilla). If yes ...
    3. Reinstall ChivTW (prior to this, remove the former ChivTW folder from the RTW folder, possibly again check out short the RTW vanilla function).
    Hint: ... if ChivTW is properly installed, it cannot interfer with RTW vanilla though.
    ---
    4. ... if this doesn't work for you, then possibly your ChivTW download was corrupted, means redownload and proceed the same under no. 3.
    5. If no. 4 doesn't work for you, then i don't know what's wrong in your case, and i assume still you have an install issue (on your side), because there weren't any such issues the recent years in this regard of download/installation (see the release date, the number of dl's and related reports).
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 10, 2011 at 03:21 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Hey folks,

I'm having trouble installing chivalry.

I downloaded the 1.07 zip file, extracted it to my rome folder and created a shortcut with target line ["C:\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry]

When i start the game there's some gtavice crap in green letters in the top left corner and then the screen slowly fades to green.

Perhaps someone knows how to fix this?

I'd really like to play chiv1 since chiv2 was pretty amazing aswell

Cheers

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

exit to desktop when gta stuff appears then re enter game , pressing shift/F12 during the game will toggle bloom on/off .....bloom is lighting enhancement skin that fits over the programme its nothing to worry about and its actualy very good when you get used to it

Patrician Artifex

Ups, don't know anything about that, has been never mentioned before, maybe something new under certain base installation parameters (Windows version, RTW/BI new compilations, Steam ... whatever).
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Prince Ali's Avatar Libertus

hello i downloaded the 1.7 full pack, after extracting it with 7 zip i replaced the folders inside it with the original RTW Folders, now when i start the game i get this

Last edited by Prince Ali; December 28, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

"The Future Belongs To The Ones Who Prepare For It Today"-MalcomX

Patrician Artifex

ChivTW is completely modfoldered, thus i don't understand this
    ...i replaced the folders inside it with the original RTW Folders...
    It will work properly if you install and start it along the instructions. See the main thread (info & download), or ...
    check first post, everything is explained there incl. how you can create the needed start-shortcut (for zip file installations, the exe installation file gives you the ChivTW shortcut automatically).

If you refer to a RTW mod/Steam installation, then i'm lost, because i have no clue how that works for RTW (and M2TW) mods.
    Edit: I just saw, i added already a link to the first post to a player-post who installed ChivTW under Steam usage and explains it.
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 31, 2012 at 03:22 AM.

I Have a Gold SEGA Version. but when i downloaded the 1.051 Full Version it was very comfortable and simple to install it because of the exe-installer. but in the 1.07 Full Version its kind of hard for me because after unzipping i get 3 folders .... it would be great if you tell me what to do with the 3 folders so i can install the mod .... thank you.

PS: The info in the (info & download) thread didn't help me alot, i got confused about what to do with the folders before doing the shortcuting thingy.
    Last edited by Prince Ali; December 31, 2012 at 11:36 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Alright, you are a new RTW mod user, right? Everybody starts that some day, and is then a newby. Here is some further help, i hope.

Speaking of modfoldered mods:

First of all, it requires a clean RTW vanilla installation, means an untouched/unmodified RTW file structure.
    For ChivTW, it needs to be RTW 1.5, or for BI usage, BI 1.6.

An exe installer puts the modfolder into the RTW directory.
    A zip extraction should do exactly the same.

In case of updates/patches, an already installed modfolder shall be overwritten by the update/patch, via exe or zip, same thing.
    The exe extracts as well the files, same thing as with zip or rar tools, only the extraction-method is different.

The modfolder calls: chivalry or Chivalry
    ... i don't know now what the other two folders are, too long ago ... probably documentary and such things, they are not relevant for the installation.

You can also manually move the modfolder into the RTW directory ( = copy and paste ), ie. when you have extracted the modfolder onto the desktop or anywhere.

There is no other secret or challenge, and in principle it is crystal-clear, imo..
    At least it becomes clear, when you have a bit of knowledge about installations of any programs, and their directory paths, and that is never wrong, because it is your computer, where you install files, one should have some overview.

Game-start: The start-shortcut command lines must point to the target directory, just along the given instructions. Creating the start-shortcut might be a little challenge for mod newbies though.

Why don't you use the 1.051 exe, and then using the small 1.07 zip patch file, this way you at least have a comfortable 1.051 installation (and you don't have to create a start-shortcut).
    And then you only need to figure out how to apply zip file extractions properly, which is very easy and quick, once you are used to it (you should install 7zip or similar programs, as mentioned in diverse places: do not use the windows onboard-unzipper tool, that's crap).

---

Btw., happy new year everybody.
    Last edited by DaVinci; January 04, 2013 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Why don't you use the 1.051 exe, and then using the small 1.07 zip patch file, this way you at least have a comfortable 1.051 installation (and you don't have to create a start-shortcut).
    And then you only need to figure out how to apply zip file extractions properly, which is very easy and quick, once you are used to it (you should install 7zip or similar programs, as mentioned in diverse places: do not use the windows onboard-unzipper tool, that's crap).

---
    that's what i'm going to do! and happy new year

Cant use the 1.051 and update to 1.07 when all the dang links are dead. Real Talk.

Patrician Artifex

Yes, that's known. See, the original ChivTW mod is (very) old, belongs to the pioneering history of RTW modding (first total conversion project).
    Anyway, dead download-links are not an ontopic issue, because this thread was meant for technical items while or after installation, not for the lack of download-links.

The community provides the uploads in the meantime, find according threads (ChivTW 1.07), and ask there, when those links also are dead.

I close this thread now. It's only informative from now on.
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 17, 2013 at 06:36 PM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: [Help Desk A] Chivalry I : Install+Start Issues (Read First Post)

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Thanks. I'll set a link to your post here, in the first post.
    This has information about how to launch BI mods in Steam.

I think that also applies for mod foldered RTW mods as well.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.